Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Are these the pings we are talking about?

quote:

FOEHAMMER SLAMMING RETRIS INTO DEATH OR SOMETHING, Hand our doctrines, JOIN GINYU FORCE FLEET UNDER FOEHAMMER, OP7

~~~ This was a skirmishbot broadcast from admire_mirriri to all at 2021-01-19 08:51:50.732240 EVE ~~~

and

quote:

FOEHAMMER jackdaw fleet NOW! GOGOGO! OP7 STRAT

~~~ This was a skirmishbot broadcast from admire_mirriri to all at 2021-01-19 09:22:43.878854 EVE ~~~

i assume if you didn't see the first ping the second ping a half hour later looks sort of like it could have been a reasonable fleet, but definitely not if you saw the first one, and definitely not once you got into comms lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
for the record i hope he does it more because i missed it and wanted to go

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Stereotype posted:

you can tell immediately if you are about to be lead by someone who is blackout drunk and should know what that means if you care about your internet spaceship exploding or doing dumb things.

Yeah, I don't mind the lost ships :v:

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

:lol:

I didn't understand 80% of what was said but I'm glad I got this gem:

quote:

What the fock is Mittens? Does he got a focking brother that's a scarf and a focking auntie who's a hat?

I love scots. We need to get this woman on The Meta Show

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Malefitz posted:

:lol:

I didn't understand 80% of what was said but I'm glad I got this gem:

I love scots. We need to get this woman on The Meta Show

lmfao make her an fc

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
I went on that fleet, I'm pretty sure the guy wasnt picking up on the nuances of everyone just having a laugh. Hell, I didn't even lose my ares/JackD in either fleet.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I love a good bombing fleet. Got on 14 40 ferox kills right before downtime kicked in. Almost had time for a second run but we were too far away. Always join bomber fleets.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 21, 2021

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dirk Pitt posted:

I love a good bombing fleet. Got on 14 40 ferox kills right before downtime kicked in. Almost had time for a second run but we were too far away. Always join bomber fleets.

can agree. Nothing says gently caress you papi more than deleting 40+ feroxes with 1 click of the mouse

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Galewolf posted:

I have a technical question. I'm trying to install Eve client but (Steam and normal client download) when I click on the Eve icon it just doesn't load up the client and does nothing. I use a somewhat old laptop (4-5 years old) with Win 8. Tried to find a solution on the internet but nothing worked so far. Anything I'm missing besides throwing the laptop into the trash and buying a proper computer?

Does it meet all the system requirements - https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/202748741-System-Requirements ?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Bubbles for the bubble god

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Solus posted:

Yes!

Was in the camp fleet and had fun crushing the Caracals that wanted to play gently caress gently caress games.

Watching the bubbles immediately comes back after the engagement and even thicker :wiggle: was cathartic

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Solus posted:

In my defence I wasn't on comms (I'm back in hospital and coording very awkwardly because of it). But when I get back on comms I'll do my best to pick up on this stuff.

I'll take the ping feedback on board and make it a bit clearer in the future (I didn't make the initial foehammer ping but I love foehammer and israd)

Hope your stay in the hospital is brief and your recovery swift.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Solus posted:

:perfect:

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Add that to yer focking spreadsheet

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Saul Kain posted:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Solus posted:

Now that you mention it a keepstar kind of looks like a throne.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Solus posted:

oh geez that is really good

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Saul Kain posted:

New thread title right focking there.

nodm
Jul 17, 2011
Goddamn at bubble god, just beautiful

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Saul Kain posted:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

New thread title right focking there.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Solus posted:

In my defence I wasn't on comms (I'm back in hospital and coording very awkwardly because of it). But when I get back on comms I'll do my best to pick up on this stuff.

On the one hand: get well soon. On the other hand: you make a lot of god damned good art when you're hospitalized.

No, seriously though, get well soon!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The advertisement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Was that Mittens on Bernie's hands yesterday during the inauguration? Everyone wants to loving meme about Bernie and his got dang mittens.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

EVE 2021: Low Grade Humor, High Grade Implants

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

ullerrm posted:

EVE 2021: Low Grade Humor, High Grade Implants

Heh, boobs.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

How long does it usually take for CCP to get around to support tickets? I quit EVE & GF back in like 2007 and want to rejoin, but my still-working email is apparently blacklisted by their servers because that ISP went out of business 12 years ago, so it won't send me confirmation emails. They opened a ticket through help chat, but I can't open the ticket without logging in, and I can't log in without a confirmation email, so I have no idea how long to sit and wait before nagging them about it.

I was drinking heavily back then so I don't remember poo poo, but it was back when RedSwarm was putting the finishing moves on LV and BoB. I think we lived in Scalding Pass. The best memories I retain were going on patrol with Tolon/Suas. He drank a lot too but was an extremely good commander, shouting us into order like a deranged Admiral Nelson. He wove the most impressive tapestries of curses, oaths, and lamentations over teamspeak.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

Can she be a diplomat please.

This fills me with pride for my home country.

Petition to rename alliance to Goof Troop

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Globby, you're so popular I saw some person nazi tonight with the name "Rare Pepe Collector 001 - 004" in an IHUB system attempting your burst jam strategy. If anyone ever doubts we're the good guys, at least we don't harbor literal nazis.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Dirk Pitt posted:

Globby, you're so popular I saw some person nazi tonight with the name "Rare Pepe Collector 001 - 004" in an IHUB system. If anyone ever doubts we're the good guys, at least we don't harbor literal nazis.

yeah ill say this the day some loving known racist in karmafleet doesn't poo poo up elysium bitching about soy boys.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

yeah ill say this the day some loving known racist in karmafleet doesn't poo poo up elysium bitching about soy boys.

Nice, was it the dude making GBS threads up Reddit with “well actuallies” a couple of weeks ago?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Baculus posted:

Which one? :v:

Edit: Oh, it's that Xia dude. Somebody linked me a post of his about how "goon identity" had moved beyond somethingawful and belonged to eve and lol.

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 21, 2021

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

Globby, you're so popular I saw some person nazi tonight with the name "Rare Pepe Collector 001 - 004" in an IHUB system attempting your burst jam strategy. If anyone ever doubts we're the good guys, at least we don't harbor literal nazis.

He was around yesterday trying to ecm burst the entosis drakes.

He's really poo poo at it.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Nice, was it the dude making GBS threads up Reddit with “well actuallies” a couple of weeks ago?

ofc

anyway, the MER for December is out and hooooooooly poo poo.

the current economic climate is only going to get worse until they roll out their next round of changes but it might not happen fast enough. we're coasting... the actual impact of changes in the price indices being shielded by virtue of what can only be immense stockpiles slowly being liquidated.

when those stockpiles run out... goldblum_timesup.jpeg

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

also I've stopped using CCPs incompetently maintained indices.

download the flat files and start lumping poo poo together based on what you know is part of a complex production line and suddenly all the lines start behaving like actual economic indicators again.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
300 in local at the vatican with about an hour left on the timer...

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
That sounds like a lot of effort though.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Also re that elysium post, you are forgetting the best part. That guy went in saying something like "only soyboys use the words toxic masculinity unironically", which is just :psyboom:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Soys pretty delicious, ngl.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Solus posted:

Soys pretty delicious, ngl.

I just discovered soyrizo and hot drat that's some good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

Xarn posted:

Also re that elysium post, you are forgetting the best part. That guy went in saying something like "only soyboys use the words toxic masculinity unironically", which is just :psyboom:

drat, sad I missed it. Been a minute since I watched a pitchfork mob