Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

exquisite tea posted:

A PS4 draws about 125 watts from the wall and runs between 50-60C under load, well within safe operating temperatures on any electrical component for many years. Despite the fan noise it's not going to overheat just sitting at a menu unless there's something else going on, either too much dust or blocked ventilation. A PS5 on the other hand...

fan bearings are wear items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Opening the map in Horizon and your PS4 taking flight :allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If only there were some way to temporarily pause your PS4, no matter what screen you were on, so that the components would not wear over time. Put it at "rest," you might say.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Where did my clothes go????” is literally one of the first lines in the game

sigh

fuckin anime

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I stopped using rest mode once I started working from home because I couldn’t stand having any more electronics on in my room. I also couldn’t hack the light coming from the machine or the LED on my tv. Everything goes off at night time now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m starting 13 Sentinels and with it supposedly being a complicated story-heavy thing I think I’m actually gonna go for the dub over Japanese w/ subs :( I feel so dirty
Eh, I like the Japanese VAs fine but to me it’s the writing that makes it great, not the voice work. I’m guessing the translation is good because people here are so happy with it.

exquisite tea posted:

If only there were some way to temporarily pause your PS4, no matter what screen you were on, so that the components would not wear over time. Put it at "rest," you might say.
I’m talking about unnecessary fan wear while playing the game.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 21, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I stopped using rest mode once I started working from home because I couldn’t stand having any more electronics on in my room. I also couldn’t hack the light coming from the machine or the LED on my tv. Everything goes off at night time now.

There's an easy fix for this, it's called "no more games are coming out on PS4." :smugdog:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Resi8 crossgen :pray:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

i don't heat my home I just play video games

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Actually how many more PS4 games are coming out? I figured it was going to be a lot more than during the transition from the PS3 to the PS4, since the PS5 can play them.

Especially for multiplatform indie games and stuff, it would be nuts not to write it for the PS4.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Horizon Forbidden West is supposed to have PS4 support, I think that's the last big exclusive that's said anything about being multiplatform.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The dub in this game sounds awful but I’ll stick with it for now

Currently walking through desks like a gotdamn ghost boy

Should I be taking notes on the characters and such? Feels like there’s a lot to keep track of.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

The dub in this game sounds awful but I’ll stick with it for now

Currently walking through desks like a gotdamn ghost boy

Should I be taking notes on the characters and such? Feels like there’s a lot to keep track of.
The codex thing will keep getting filled in as you do story stuff and also buy entries with points gained from combat. Eventually it will have every aspect of the game world explained.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Please dont ask me about having watched all of the action button videos including all of the tokimeki memorial one

Welcome... to the real world.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wow nurse bustroddmom showed up extremely quickly

outside of the anime faces (which just personally isn’t my style) the art in this game is really nice. I like the thought cloud mechanic too

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

“Where did my clothes go????” is literally one of the first lines in the game

sigh

fuckin anime

Lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Miwako’s voice is fuckin RIDICULOUS in the dub, like straight up a baby’s voice. like that one tiny woman from Big Bang Theory but even more babyish

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Miwako’s voice is fuckin RIDICULOUS in the dub, like straight up a baby’s voice. like that one tiny woman from Big Bang Theory but even more babyish
Its pretty drat that in Japanese too... but I guess that always sounds less natural in English because it’s so much more common in Japanese.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m starting 13 Sentinels and with it supposedly being a complicated story-heavy thing I think I’m actually gonna go for the dub over Japanese w/ subs :( I feel so dirty

The dub is not great but it's okay

Honestly I've been playing with the sound off and just reading. There's no way to disable text and I hate trying to listen to audio while the script is right on screen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Casnorf posted:

i don't heat my home I just play video games

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I hope it is for your sake, it was as of the ransomware leak but mighta changed now, otherwise after tonight it will be time to mad max yourself a ps5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have come to accept that I will be able to get a PS5 on November the 12th. 2021.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Just started playing The Surge 2 and it is a definite improvement over the first. I'd recommend it for a souls-like that does some interesting things.

If you remember and enjoyed Cyborg Justice on the Sega Genesis you may like this game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

VideoGames posted:

I have come to accept that I will be able to get a PS5 on November the 12th. 2021.

Are you sure even then? I was wondering when new tech items will become casually available for the public, and not have to worry about bots or other people frantically buying these things at first notice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Not sure in the slightest! Hopefully a year will have been enough time to allow me a slight chance.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
well

i made it to the CAT

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I hope I manage to get one before then :(

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I honestly have zero desire to get a PS5, and it's kind of liberating. Been diving into my backlog and checking out some games I've been wanting to play for awhile now. I don't think they've announced any games that will push me to be excited for PS5 either. Maybe once they announce Persona 6 in 2025.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lol I accidentally clicked on the XBOX thread and they were talking about Kane and Lynch 2

Maybe more people agree with me than I thought when I brought it up 2 weeks ago lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I made it to the part in 13 Sentinels where I have separate sections for the visual novel stuff and the battles. What kind of order am I meant to progress in from here? Do I do all of one part until I run out of stuff, and then go to the other section?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I made it to the part in 13 Sentinels where I have separate sections for the visual novel stuff and the battles. What kind of order am I meant to progress in from here? Do I do all of one part until I run out of stuff, and then go to the other section?

Just do whatever you want. The Game Cops won't arrest you!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Escobarbarian posted:

You can do that, but the game has checkpoints that can only be cleared once you either clear enough story on one side or finish specific battles on the other. I liked to play all the story until I couldn't progress anymore then knock out all the battles in a straight shot until I got roadblocked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Simone Magus posted:

Just do whatever you want. The Game Cops won't arrest you!

Suspicious...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

I liked to play all the story until I couldn't progress anymore then knock out all the battles in a straight shot until I got roadblocked.

Yeah this is what I think I’ll do. I’m curious if all the battles occur chronologically after all the story stuff, but I guess I’ll discover that as I continue.

I’ve done 7 of the prologues so far and I’m definitely very interested in what’s going on. While it’s definitely stretching at my tolerance for anime bullshit at times (many of the faces are so ugly! and Ogata is actively poorly-drawn imo, his main pose and everything) it’s also funny and weird and intriguing in all the right places and there’s so many different mysteries that it’s easy to get past individual elements I’m not as hot on

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

This is weirdly true - - I keep a window open in my game room to vent the 3d printer, so I closed the floor registers and the room is comfortable with the quinto and pc running 24/7.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

BisterdDave posted:

I honestly have zero desire to get a PS5, and it's kind of liberating. Been diving into my backlog and checking out some games I've been wanting to play for awhile now. I don't think they've announced any games that will push me to be excited for PS5 either. Maybe once they announce Persona 6 in 2025.

I'm a cheapskate and don't really feel the need to play the latest and greatest... I'll probably wait until the PS6 is on the horizon before I even think about buying one.

The next installments of FF7 remaster are going to be PS5 exclusives though, aren't they? :smith:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Problem for me is that I feel like I'm coming to the end of ps4 games to play. And anything that's cross gen I'm gonna feel like I'm missing out if I dont play it on a ps5. Heck, I already feel like I'm missing out playing ghost of tsushima on my launch ps4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if any goon wants to send me Ghost of Tsushima in the post, I will give them a virtual high five

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ethics_Gradient posted:

The next installments of FF7 remaster are going to be PS5 exclusives though, aren't they? :smith:

Probably? I'm more interested about when we will see news about the next part because it feels like it could be a long time until it launches and depending on how many parts there are in total I just hope that the project overall doesn't go off the rails or suffer any problems. I'm hoping that Square has a really large team dedicated to it after the success of the launch but they've announced FF16 which could end up running into trouble and pulling manpower away. It would be tragic if after all the development problems throughout the last generation we see such an important project suffer similar troubles from lessons that were not learned.

Ideally the first E3 of the new generation later this year will have some news of the second game, even if it's just a teaser or some small flashes of gameplay snippets, just something to kick things off with a bang and let everyone know they're busy with it. Covid won't be helping, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Casnorf posted:

This is weirdly true - - I keep a window open in my game room to vent the 3d printer, so I closed the floor registers and the room is comfortable with the quinto and pc running 24/7.

oh i know! i havent had the heating on in 3 years straight and i live in the north of england. the power of playstation.