Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rinkles posted:

well i like that matthew guy
hbomberguy had some chuckles at matthewmatosis saying dark souls 2 had problems because 'lock on makes it difficult to fight bosses with additional henchman, a thing that is antithetical to souls design' when you're not supposed to lock on in a group encounter and the souls series had multiple bosses in prior games with bosses with henchmen like tower knight and technically phalanx

ironically i thought those bosses in DS2 were the easiest (the one in the chapel with the shambling zombies, for example, and the rat boss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

I don't like that people call me "ma'am" in the south, not because it's technically misgendering me, but honestly more because it makes me feel old :(

I automatically add "man" to the end of a lot of my sentences and it's odd how often some dude stops and asks if I just called him "ma'am," which i kind of judge because like really you think you deserve a sir or maam from me, get over yourself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DS2 does have problems tho, to be fair to matthewmatosis

especially SOTFS which has some real garbage enemy layouts

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Every once in a while I think about Battletech and I have no idea why I don't like it but the two times I tried it I did like three missions and quit almost immediately. Think Im gonna try it again again maybe?

Second post: Dragon Quest Tact is coming out next week and I was like "woah, a DQ Monster game with SRPG gameplay? gently caress yes get me in there I love Monsters" but oops its a gacha game so nevermind. Also might try out Joker 3, didn't realize it had a translation patch made

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dragon Quest Etiquette

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I returned to trumpet playing after 20 years away and found a great trumpet teacher, but now I’m moving away and I don’t know if I find such a good teacher again...

Grapplejack posted:

I played trumpet and bugle, and I was first chair for both :smuggo:

I haven't played in like ten years though so I don't think I can read sheet music anymore

What up my trumpet bros? I too was a horn blower in band.

I was absolutely not first chair though haha

guitar fits me much better

In college I minored in Music Theory and there was a composition course where we all wrote songs and had to play someone else's song. Someone wrote a Trumpet part and I was the only Trump player so I offered but holy poo poo my chops were dead, I had to struggle through this huge range he had written and it was just really embarrassing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every good boy does fine

good boys do fine always

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FACE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Every once in a while I think about Battletech and I have no idea why I don't like it but the two times I tried it I did like three missions and quit almost immediately. Think Im gonna try it again again maybe?

Second post: Dragon Quest Tact is coming out next week and I was like "woah, a DQ Monster game with SRPG gameplay? gently caress yes get me in there I love Monsters" but oops its a gacha game so nevermind. Also might try out Joker 3, didn't realize it had a translation patch made

Battletech is the best tactics game in recent memory, I love it. Need any advice or was it just not doing anything for you?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
apparently duckstation is the hot new psx emulator

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

Battletech is the best tactics game in recent memory, I love it. Need any advice or was it just not doing anything for you?

Nah I just wasn't engaged by the early battles. Even XCOM early fights feel dangerous but the first howevermany fights in Battletech I won just by looking at enemies and shooting them. I know the game puts more of its strategic emphasis in the mech layout menus but I wasn't sure how long I'd have to stick with it before I'd be able to make major changes instead of the early options of basically just swapping out weapon types

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nearing the end of the Genius Grand Final and aside from how much of a mastermind one of these contestants has been, the other thing I wonder is if "SNL Korea" is funnier than the US one

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

everyone please stop using epsxe holy poo poo it's so old and bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i use nesticle and you cant stop me

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Some gamerspeople should never be allowed to reproduce.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless snail posted:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

lets hang out posted:

make me

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Yes I've become painfully aware of that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My favorite is "wait what's wrong with Zsnes"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wait what's wrong with zsnes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

thanks shitman!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The PS2 could do with something more modern too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I use Connectix Virtual Game Station

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

this is extremely hosed up and i wish i hadn't clicked on it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
epsxe hasn't been the best option for over a decade

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

baby looked at his fuckin dude and wasn't happy about it either

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I play uh

with my mind :smug:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

This is upsetting

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm really not up for watching an upsetting video, someone give me the watered down details.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

I'm really not up for watching an upsetting video, someone give me the watered down details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqvKgtg9a0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Apt metaphor, but I mostly just wanted to post that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CubeTheory posted:

guy is streaming with his toddler on his map, and gets very tilted at the game, started yelling and throwing the controller, and yells at the kid when he cries

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
drat, that thing is cool. It's practically halfway to being a garbage collection robot. Those guys don't even have to get out of the truck.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ugh :(

Now I need to watch a happy gamer mom stream to balance that out

Edit:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousGiantKoupreyNerfBlueBlaster

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 22, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ugh :(

Now I need to watch a happy gamer mom stream to balance that out

Edit:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousGiantKoupreyNerfBlueBlaster
happy gamer mom huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElmResMta1g

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My favorite part of that video is how the mom says "well this certainly explains why you've been screaming insane poo poo in your room every day for the last year"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is hosed up and I hope someone shares that clip with social services

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rarity posted:

This is hosed up and I hope someone shares that clip with social services
I wouldn't hold my breath. Social services practically never intervene unless there is hard evidence of major physical abuse and neglect, especially not with a white family. Often not even then. A bit of frustrated shouting won't even catch their attention.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i go through all the trouble of setting up my wheel to play gran turismo, and it says i'm not online. motherfucker, im extremely online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

homeless snail posted:

i go through all the trouble of setting up my wheel to play gran turismo, and it says i'm not online. motherfucker, im extremely online

that reminded me to check, and yes, Thrustmaster Hotas' are still sold out, literally everywhere

for months now