Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finally made it to Silver II last night, after 52 wins. I was Gold Nova back in the day, and played 1.6 religiously since beta, but took the last 5 years off.

Silver is much harder than it used to be. Mainly, starting with no trust factor means you're playing with an endless amount of hackers, just unbelievable in quantity. Also smurfs but whatever. Secondly, the worst thing now is people using utility terribly and shooting ourselves in the foot. It would be better if they didn't use it at all most of the time. Finally, people are just better at aiming nowadays. Crosshair placement is more essential than ever, and people have memorized peeks fairly well for silver.

I'm excited to keep moving up, but was surprised by the difference from a few years back. I'm old now and mostly play with beer which doesn't help, but glad to still progress.

The racism and homophobia is still totally out of control, but at least muting is easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gently caress the mods

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I've noticed far fewer hackers in games since I purchased Broken Fang. I don't think any anti cheat measures were implemented, but people are less likely to hack on an account they have spent money on (by buying the operation).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
nope. hackers often buy skins and poo poo to appear legit. if they can drop 30 a month for hacks (at least the guys who buy private) they can drop 15 for an operation

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

ive shared it with people a couple times because its so fully psycho lmao

itd be cool to play a game where the server forces everyone to use it

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Whatever the case, it's a happy coincidence.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Nevermind, you are right. I just had a brief lucky streak.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
What is wrong with that crosshairs? Good enough for AutoCAD good nuff for CSGO.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

osker posted:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

I thought this was an ace combat hud at first and thought that would be wicked rad. Let me know my exact speed and altitude so I can accurately call out my death location.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

osker posted:

I have seen some crosshairs that put that one to shame thanks to console commands.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Yesterday I won two competitive games in a row, both of them being severely carried by my random team, so the game told me I couldn’t play comp for 24 hours. Is this normal or did the system think I was boosting? I couldn’t even just play regular comp instead of premier mode.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it's normal, until you get 10 wins you can only get 2 comp wins a day to try to deter cheaters on new accounts.

it's kinda questionable how well it works, but eh

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwv0ibUG4lo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
A pro crosshair tip is that the crosshair you load into the game with is the one spectators will see, so if you change crosshairs after the game has started you can play with an ordinary crosshair while everyone else sees your obnoxiously huge and screen blocking trash

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Play with 16:9, create giant blackbars with your crosshair and act innocent in matchmaking, asking people if they've never seen anyone play 4:3 before.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Bohemian Nights posted:

A pro crosshair tip is that the crosshair you load into the game with is the one spectators will see, so if you change crosshairs after the game has started you can play with an ordinary crosshair while everyone else sees your obnoxiously huge and screen blocking trash

Lol when they first put in the spec crosshair thing, I played with a guy with a crosshair like that but sorta transparent. When I asked him about it he said “I play in 4K”. I’m still not sure whether that makes sense

E: I mean this thing was huuuuge, it took up about 3/4 of the screen. This was like day two after that update so i think he was really playing like that, but maybe he just figured out that trick before most other people.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 21, 2020

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
I poo poo y’all not, that is my crosshairs because I have been loving around with AutoCAD since high school and having a cross hair take up 15% of my screen so I can align geometry is the most natural thing. I’m sure this is like that keyboard map we like to post that breaks your brain, but it makes sense to that dude.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

got a new cpu and my frames went up from like 120/ 70 near smokes to consistently near 400. sick.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Rectovagitron posted:

I finally made it to Silver II last night, after 52 wins. I was Gold Nova back in the day, and played 1.6 religiously since beta, but took the last 5 years off.

Silver is much harder than it used to be. Mainly, starting with no trust factor means you're playing with an endless amount of hackers, just unbelievable in quantity. Also smurfs but whatever. Secondly, the worst thing now is people using utility terribly and shooting ourselves in the foot. It would be better if they didn't use it at all most of the time. Finally, people are just better at aiming nowadays. Crosshair placement is more essential than ever, and people have memorized peeks fairly well for silver.

I'm excited to keep moving up, but was surprised by the difference from a few years back. I'm old now and mostly play with beer which doesn't help, but glad to still progress.

The racism and homophobia is still totally out of control, but at least muting is easy.

This is a thing I noticed. I was LE back in the day (post-rankshift), just before CSGO went FTP I was able to pick the game back up after a couple of years absense and get from GN1 to MG2 within a month. Picked it up again this year and it took me several months just to get out of GN again, and then I just stopped playing MM entirely because holy gently caress there is just no kind of consistency anymore. Even when I jump on my silver account to play with my silver friends, the games are totally inconsistent in skill level, sometimes the other team has nutty aimers and actual strategy that I don't ever recall seeing in silver, and the very next game it's comatose people rushing with P90s every round. I almost exclusively play faceit nowadays, MM hasn't been enjoyable for me for a while now.

qhat fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 29, 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

the rank decay is also bad and has made basically all levels below eagle completely random lol. they need to run seasons

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean you say that but i spent like 6 matches regaining my wings, it’s not that bad

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
If your hidden mmr is high and you actually play enough its like 1-2 evenings to get it back. But if you let it decay forever and then do like 0-2x mm games a month or less which is the case for a lot of people mostly playing faceit then it gets weird. I don't know how big of a group of people that is though.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I stopped playing for about a year or more was LE before, and then yeah played maybe once a week or less and my rank was absolutely tanked. I also suck now, but ya know...

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Working my way through Match Making right now for the first time is very interesting. Some of my placement matches are full of players who seem to not understand how the game is played, and the next you have a team that has all the smoke throws memorized and you know you’re in for a rough time.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
What’s the best radar for this game? I know in valorant, you could set you radar to basically show the entire map which really helped with situational awareness with teammates even if they didn’t talk. Knowing who’s where and where they’re covering would be so good to have. Can you even change the radar in this game?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

V for Vegans posted:

Can you even change the radar in this game?

Yes.

https://www.tobyscs.com/csgo-radar-settings/

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Thank you, that is perfect and exactly what I was hoping for!

I finally won enough games in ranked to get ranked but it placed me in Silver 2. Managed to get up to silver 3 last night so hopefully this map lets me get all the way to silver 4!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I realized today that I still have quite a lot of items from when I played CSGO. I was quite surprised to notice how much many of the items I’ve had have risen in price. For example, the knife I had has risen from less than 100€ to almost 400€. A random souvenir skin from watching a major just sold for 40€. All in all, if I can get all of this poo poo sold, I should get about 650€ in steambux. :staredog:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Yeah, it’s a bit crazy how much some OG stuff has risen. The souvenir stuff is especially baffling.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Smol posted:

I realized today that I still have quite a lot of items from when I played CSGO. I was quite surprised to notice how much many of the items I’ve had have risen in price. For example, the knife I had has risen from less than 100€ to almost 400€. A random souvenir skin from watching a major just sold for 40€. All in all, if I can get all of this poo poo sold, I should get about 650€ in steambux. :staredog:
You could probably cash out that stuff for €400 at a cash out site.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
How do you get the souvenir skins? Do you have to watch tournaments through CSGO or is it like rocket league and sea of thieves where if you register your account with twitch you get random drops every once and a while?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

V for Vegans posted:

How do you get the souvenir skins? Do you have to watch tournaments through CSGO or is it like rocket league and sea of thieves where if you register your account with twitch you get random drops every once and a while?

Unless it's different now, you'd get free to open souvenir boxes for watching the Majors on Twitch (or elsewhere).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Man looking at it, people are right. Prices for some of this stuff is unreal. I've got a holo sticker of Epsilon from the 2014 Major worth 25 quid lmao. Who buys that poo poo??

I shudder to think how much stuff I would have if they had let skins gambling continue. Probably the softest gambling market of all time because the odds were set by popular opinion rather than bookies (and mostly children at that). I've got like 500 euros worth of stuff and I never paid for a single thing, just gambled it up from penny pissglocks.

I guess now would be a good a time as any to cash out, could have free Steam games for years to come if I could theoretically shift all of it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jeza posted:

Unless it's different now, you'd get free to open souvenir boxes for watching the Majors on Twitch (or elsewhere).

It's different now that the game went free to play. Now you have to buy a viewer pass and complete challenges, which are a mix of in game activities and also playing the major pickems and getting your picks correctly.

All of the really really old stuff has exploded in price just due to time and artificial scarcity so if you have skins and stickers from like 3 or 4 years ago it's likely worth much more than it was then.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Jeza posted:

Man looking at it, people are right. Prices for some of this stuff is unreal. I've got a holo sticker of Epsilon from the 2014 Major worth 25 quid lmao. Who buys that poo poo??

I shudder to think how much stuff I would have if they had let skins gambling continue. Probably the softest gambling market of all time because the odds were set by popular opinion rather than bookies (and mostly children at that). I've got like 500 euros worth of stuff and I never paid for a single thing, just gambled it up from penny pissglocks.

I guess now would be a good a time as any to cash out, could have free Steam games for years to come if I could theoretically shift all of it.

the sticker that came on the ak I bought is literally several hundred dollars and it makes me mad

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

Budzilla posted:

You could probably cash out that stuff for €400 at a cash out site.

What is the cash out site of choice these days, and are they still super sketchy? I have a bunch of old souvenir drops sitting around and hardly play the game these days. I also have one of the mega expensive stickers (3DMax I think?) which in my infinite wisdom I put on the stock Glock which you can't sell :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

a loathsome bird posted:

What is the cash out site of choice these days, and are they still super sketchy? I have a bunch of old souvenir drops sitting around and hardly play the game these days. I also have one of the mega expensive stickers (3DMax I think?) which in my infinite wisdom I put on the stock Glock which you can't sell :lol:
https://cs.money/
https://skinport.com/
https://cs.deals/
https://skinbaron.de/?appId=730&sort=BP&language=en
These are the popular ones, I've used them and they are reliable - basically the sketchy ones you are talking about were the gambing websites, these are tradebots. Just check which ones has the best payment option for you(how to receive cash and site fee) that each site provides.

https://csgofloat.com/ This one is different. It's a peer to peer website - you trade directly with the seller after the buyer deposits on the site. Or just sell stuff on steam if you buy lots of games and steam funds would be needed for your gaming habit.