Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Age of Calamity fell off my list when I heard the ending loving sucks but maybe I'll pick it up anyway

Complaining about the story changes is Games AIDS. Its amazing so you need to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I didn’t play DE either so maybe I’ll get that instead

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i am excited to see what nintendo is cooking for zelda's 35th and pokemon's 25th this year

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hey everyone first time imp zone poster. Used to be a big Nintendo head back when I was a teen, but then lost the spark near the end of high school. My wife just got me a Switch for Christmas and it’s pretty great. I tried reading the Switch thread in Games because I didn’t even know imp zone existed and that sucked but then I found the Controllers thread here and laughed harder than I have on SA in a long time, and it just feels like, right, here

The last big game I can really remember playing is Wind Waker. I think i started the wolf Zelda too but only played it a couple times. I’ve got little kids so not a ton of free time to game but so far I’ve been playing Odyssey and it just makes me smile yknow. Guess the galaxy games are supposed to be pretty good so thinking of checking those out next

Anyway I probably won’t post much but just felt like I had to say something because rediscovering Nintendo and then finding imp zone has just brought me a weird amount of peace that I never would have expected :sax:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey everyone first time imp zone poster. Used to be a big Nintendo head back when I was a teen, but then lost the spark near the end of high school. My wife just got me a Switch for Christmas and it’s pretty great. I tried reading the Switch thread in Games because I didn’t even know imp zone existed and that sucked but then I found the Controllers thread here and laughed harder than I have on SA in a long time, and it just feels like, right, here

The last big game I can really remember playing is Wind Waker. I think i started the wolf Zelda too but only played it a couple times. I’ve got little kids so not a ton of free time to game but so far I’ve been playing Odyssey and it just makes me smile yknow. Guess the galaxy games are supposed to be pretty good so thinking of checking those out next

Anyway I probably won’t post much but just felt like I had to say something because rediscovering Nintendo and then finding imp zone has just brought me a weird amount of peace that I never would have expected :sax:

:cheerdoge: the switch was the best gaming purchase I’ve made in years. Before that it was the 3DS. Nintendo ftw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

definitely get BOTW if you enjoyed Wind Waker.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Video games are really good these days, Nintendo especially.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

welcome :cheerdoge:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintendo make the only consoles worth buying

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Cheers!

Yeah wind waker was incredible, maybe my fave Zelda even, and I’m psyched for BOTW. Kinda nervous that it might be too time intensive for me rn, and pretty content to just have so much wholesome fun playing Mario for like 30 mins every other day

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bicyclops went prodromal on botw exposure and has small kids so i think its fine

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Cheers!

Yeah wind waker was incredible, maybe my fave Zelda even, and I’m psyched for BOTW. Kinda nervous that it might be too time intensive for me rn, and pretty content to just have so much wholesome fun playing Mario for like 30 mins every other day

It's a chill game to dip in and out of. I basically beat it on my train commute.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Botw ftw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Cheers!

it's very different, it's the perfect game to pick up and mess around in. go for it when it's time to get another game. and,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

what's been your fave Odyssey level so far

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

bicyclops went prodromal on botw exposure and has small kids so i think its fine

lol

yeah BOTW is probably the best zelda game? it's actually super chill and easy to just pick it up, grab a couple of shrines, and take a long break and come back to it if you're busy. the only insane collectible is the koroks and there's really no reason to get them all. i only had to do all 900 twice so they wouldn't kidnap my children.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's the best 3d zelda for sure. My heart belongs to 2d Zelda though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah 2D zelda does have a different kind of charm. been replaying a link to the past for my son's half hour of pre supper gaming and i'm surprised at how hard some of the dungeons are. everything does like four hearts of damage. i figured i'd be fine without fairies or potions and skull woods almost killed me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

:cheerdoge: Welcome friend

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

suddenly remembering how in wind waker hd you could find bottles in the ocean that would have pictures or drawings from miiverse in them.

i miss miiverse

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Did anyone else play Game & Wario? It had this minigame where you get a prompt to draw with 60 seconds on the clock. After the time limit it just uploads it straight to the Miiverse, no choice. It was one of the funniest galleries I've ever seen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Did anyone else play Game & Wario? It had this minigame where you get a prompt to draw with 60 seconds on the clock. After the time limit it just uploads it straight to the Miiverse, no choice. It was one of the funniest galleries I've ever seen.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749211

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

lmao thank you so much

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Haha I forgot you could do your own prompts and check in on the results later.

I can't believe the Miiverse is dead. Too good for this world.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol the armadillo got me, i'd forgotten

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

holy moly lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Miiverse was the coolest...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmfao 6 years later

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

loll

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i miss miiverse so loving much

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Miiverse is the most fun I've ever had on social media, and I think we would all do well to post in a manner that makes the Imp Zone more like Miiverse.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Miiverse css for the zone Jeffrey?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sex Tragedy posted:

Miiverse css for the zone Jeffrey?

changing this css would be a crime

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if it had to change miiverse is the only thing i would accept

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
should be able to select them like in fyad. also id like the fyad persona and mgs themes moved here tbh

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

a Loving Dog posted:

should be able to select them like in fyad. also id like the fyad persona and mgs themes moved here tbh

Epic this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

ui had no idea that was a thing, absolutely this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol