Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

new re looks like a fresh turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

yeah you can't cheat death, but even if you die a crapload the game is still beatable.
yeah the penalties aren't really that bad. There's one thing you can do very wrong involving dying though...

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

new re looks like a fresh turd

im going to play it and like it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the lady has a humungous rear end imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

im going to play it and like it

Same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

7 is one of my favorite games so I trust 8 to kickass

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Re4 inventory and merchant and re4 beta supernatural stuff seems real cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll buy and play everything with Resident Evil in the name bc I'm a moron and I love gaming

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I'll buy and play everything with Resident Evil in the name bc I'm a moron and I love gaming

loving same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think its funny in their announcement show thing they talked up blocking as a new thing when it was just in 7 and talked about how now in resident evil you can craft ammo and healing when thats been in every resident evil ever, though.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I need to try 7 again. It kinda lost me after a few hours. Really good atmosphere but I didn't find it scary

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i won't becasue everything after re4 is a turd and remake 1 and 2 being good were clearly on accident

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I need to try 7 again. It kinda lost me after a few hours. Really good atmosphere but I didn't find it scary

I think it gets oversold as the scariest game of all time ever, but there is something real and creepy with how their sound design team does ambient noise. All of the locations are creaky and settling, making noises erratically and at irregular intervals to keep you on your toes. I replayed it last year (probably do it again before 8 comes out) and even half remembering where all the real enemies were I was pretty unsettled and expecting things to jump out at any moment.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Alien Isolations a bit too long as a horror game but I really liked how they put a lot of work into the sound so you could tell where the alien was or how far without ever seeing it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I think its funny in their announcement show thing they talked up blocking as a new thing when it was just in 7 and talked about how now in resident evil you can craft ammo and healing when thats been in every resident evil ever, though.

The western producer dude seems like a bit of a freak show.. really didn’t enjoy his sickly energy commentary over everything. And Ethan is fine but why am I playing as him again. Idk. It’ll probably be deece and the huge vampire woman does have an enormous rear end.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The western producer dude seems like a bit of a freak show.. really didn’t enjoy his sickly energy commentary over everything. And Ethan is fine but why am I playing as him again. Idk. It’ll probably be deece and the huge vampire woman does have an enormous rear end.

I like ethans vibe a lot in game where he's pretty everyman out of his element but really quickly becomes resilient to all the horror as he keeps going further into the nightmare

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Alien Isolations a bit too long as a horror game but I really liked how they put a lot of work into the sound so you could tell where the alien was or how far without ever seeing it.
Isolation has top-tier sound design. I would kill for other games to have guns with the same impact.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the best part of resi 7 is the bakers, the worst part is any enemy that's not the bakers
the moulded suckkkkkkkk

I'd double check to make sure I'm not forgetting anything but I'm currently about 2 years into trying to forget as much about the game as I can because I platinum'd it and then I got a vr headset and I wanted to play it in vr but I didn't want to know everything that was going to happen

but I can say with certainty the funnest part of the game to play was the DLC where you are a buff elderly punchman who does combos and suplexes
and the least fun was the DLC where you see what happened to the bakers before the game and it turns out what happened to the bakers is they were in a lovely video game that sucks

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I have 7 and i have the VR but been way to much of a loving pussy to play it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cubone posted:

the best part of resi 7 is the bakers, the worst part is any enemy that's not the bakers
the moulded suckkkkkkkk

I'd double check to make sure I'm not forgetting anything but I'm currently about 2 years into trying to forget as much about the game as I can because I platinum'd it and then I got a vr headset and I wanted to play it in vr but I didn't want to know everything that was going to happen

but I can say with certainty the funnest part of the game to play was the DLC where you are a buff elderly punchman who does combos and suplexes
and the least fun was the DLC where you see what happened to the bakers before the game and it turns out what happened to the bakers is they were in a lovely video game that sucks

I think the molded get a worse rep than they deserve because as an enemy type theyre pretty reactive. They respond to shots with both flinches and reactive damage models where you blow of their limbs and it changes how they move re4 style, and have a couple weird animations that can take you by surprise and increase the tension of fighting a slow moving predictive enemy, one of which they reused for the re2make: they passively try to dodge your headshots.

Its true theres not that many of them and since they only come in 3 varieties not counting dlc its lacking in the more complex combat puzzle kind of gameplay 4 had so I wont blame people ragging on them, but I think they're neat.

I think the bakers are the weaker part, the mrs baker fight is way less reactive and I don't think even her flinch-hits are reliable, sometimes shell just go right through you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also that the molded at the beginning are a pretty tough threat cause you fight them in ultra tight quarters when your resources are really limited and then by the end with the arsenal you got you're blowing them away 6 at a time while this triumphant action music plays and it rules

but i did talk to a friend who instead just remembers that part as them getting their rear end kicked a bunch and not finding it fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

the design overall is excellent. there’s an article I read somewhere about how the devs took the loading screens, inventory, terminal screens, etc., loaded them onto VHS tapes, then played them on an old crt television and recorded it while messing with it using magnets in order to give all those screens convincing looking scanlines

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sharkopath posted:

I think the molded get a worse rep than they deserve because as an enemy type theyre pretty reactive. They respond to shots with both flinches and reactive damage models where you blow of their limbs and it changes how they move re4 style, and have a couple weird animations that can take you by surprise and increase the tension of fighting a slow moving predictive enemy, one of which they reused for the re2make: they passively try to dodge your headshots.

Its true theres not that many of them and since they only come in 3 varieties not counting dlc its lacking in the more complex combat puzzle kind of gameplay 4 had so I wont blame people ragging on them, but I think they're neat.

I think the bakers are the weaker part, the mrs baker fight is way less reactive and I don't think even her flinch-hits are reliable, sometimes shell just go right through you.

Sharkopath posted:

also that the molded at the beginning are a pretty tough threat cause you fight them in ultra tight quarters when your resources are really limited and then by the end with the arsenal you got you're blowing them away 6 at a time while this triumphant action music plays and it rules

but i did talk to a friend who instead just remembers that part as them getting their rear end kicked a bunch and not finding it fun
ok

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i won't becasue everything after re4 is a turd and remake 1 and 2 being good were clearly on accident

this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I played the game and I did not like the moulded

they were not scary or fun to encounter, and they had annoying mechanics like randomly hitting you on spawn and punishing jukes by triggering attack animations with impossible zero frame startup, and having random amounts of health. dodging head shots was just this other annyoing thing they did that I also didn't like in resi 2

they were scary at first because there's mold on the walls and floors and it feels like the environment itself is hostile but there's no quicker way to demystify that having 3 enemy types repeated dozens and dozens and dozens of times

by the time I got to the boat on my first play through the moulded might as well have been the towers of hanoi puzzle lumbering towards me

and so that is why I said they suck, but if you like them it's fine

e: this post is directed at Sharkopath I thought I was editing but it turned out I was posting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Remake 1 came before re4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

the lady has a humungous rear end imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Remake 1 came before re4.

Okay. -- Richard M. Nixon and Phillip "darksydephil" Brunell

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

if you wanna see a humongous rear end turn your monitor off

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

if they make another alien isolation it should be designed kind of like hitman levels

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

if they make another alien isolation it should be designed kind of like hitman levels

the alien isolation team is making a loot shooter fps thing for creative assembly instead :(

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Okay. -- Richard M. Nixon and Phillip "darksydephil" Brunell

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://technclub.com/gaming/resident-evil-village-complete-set-collectors-edition-1800-usd/

just in time for stimulus checks :pray:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

the alien isolation team is making a loot shooter fps thing for creative assembly instead :(

Sounds hype as gently caress tbqh.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chris redfields iconic coat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Sounds hype as gently caress tbqh.

Im hoping its good honestly but i have some cautious doubts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1356391885816823808?s=20

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rosalina quaking in her boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cabbage pots has entered the chat, Kool-Aid man style.