Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What a coincidence, looks like Teclis has decided "gently caress this poo poo, Nagash has GOT to go." Storming hell and loving up Death Itself is some quality AoS stuff, and I'm here for it.

hosed up that gw immediately contradicts established canon by giving a lumnieth a non-australian accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Dreylad posted:

hosed up that gw immediately contradicts established canon by giving a lumnieth a non-australian accent

Nah, Teclis only founded the Lumineth, so he definitely should have a British accent.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Nah, Teclis only founded the Lumineth, so he definitely should have a British accent.
Does that mean that Idoneths are Canadians?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Talas posted:

Does that mean that Idoneths are Canadians?

Theyre rebellious children, so America.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The og dark elves in whfb with their slavery and their black arks (aircraft carriers) already had the fantasy American thing covered.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Preview event has started btw.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
windy goat archer looks cool

radlum
May 13, 2013
Going from cows to goats is kind of amusing; no more lions, phoenix or dragon, now it's farm animals.

I love it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's a foxalope -- it's got a tail!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

...huh

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

New Daughters of Khaine battle tome announced as well.

Including new endless spells. Including BLOOD SNAKE! :black101:

Edit:
Vampire Warband for Underpants revealed. They look sliiiiiiiiiick.

https://twitter.com/Bitzbox/status/1352990485372088320

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 23, 2021

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The vampire warband is instantly my favorite

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
those are pretty cool vamps

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
love how one of the presenters is insistently calling them soulblights instead of vampires

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

It's pretty neat with a model for each of the Fantasy bloodlines (Blood Dragon/Von Carstein/Lahmian/Strigoi)

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Soulblight©®™ are absolutely not vampires, they are a original and legally distinct creation, how dare you

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So we're apparently getting Warhammer Quest: Not-Vermintide.

But drat that Witch Hunter.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 23, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AnEdgelord posted:

love how one of the presenters is insistently calling them soulblights instead of vampires

I assume Vampyre is already copyright otherwise they would have totally gone with that

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

radlum posted:

Going from cows to goats is kind of amusing; no more lions, phoenix or dragon, now it's farm animals.

I love it.

Sheep and goats can be fierce

https://youtu.be/h4Ftvn2JYng

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

this dude is packing

radlum
May 13, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

But drat that Witch Hunter.

For a minute I thought they would reveal that the Witch Hunter was the same guy from Vermintide.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
No vampire army announcement but given the warband, the warhammer quest stuff, and the leaked model it sure seems like its coming

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Not enough pistols for that I feel.
But the pairing teased in the trailer is pretty much Vermintide either way.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

radlum posted:

For a minute I thought they would reveal that the Witch Hunter was the same guy from Vermintide.

I'd kill for a Markus Kruber mini.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I dunno at this point I'm kind of expecting a new LoN tome with vamps as a subfaction.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

gotta say the guy on the left looks awfully Skaven-y

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Most likely a Kharadon though. I don't see a tail either way.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The Witch Hunter and even the other guy, plus all four vampires, are definitely in the “I don’t play this game but I want to paint those models” category for me. Holy poo poo.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Also looks like, going by the website, there's going to be 8 different heroes available.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The official name for Vamps in AoS is Soulblight Vampires. They are still called Vampires.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh that fox Spirit, he is the named version not the generic one.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Vagabong posted:

I'd kill for a Markus Kruber mini.

I wish they'd release minis for the Ubersreik five (or four, doesn't matter).

Seems like such an easy tie-in

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 23, 2021

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There is that minis diorama that was made a few years back for the sequels anniversary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPU-PZQHEKY

Although someone did an even better one last year apparently:
https://imgur.com/gallery/P982YfY

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Man I just realized how stacked that Witch Hunter is. Hammer, great sword, short sword, rifle, underslung stake launcher??

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Cooked Auto posted:

Most likely a Kharadon though. I don't see a tail either way.

But what's the hulking figure on the side? An orc? The Witchhunter's quote on the website ("Morals are for the weak") could hint that he isn't picky on allies. It could be a free for all as the 'teams' of Order, Destruction and Chaos just wail on Death.

The site mentions undead and 'rats' on the streets of Ulk-whatever, I don't know if that means Skaven will show up as foes, or if that is a Skyre Warlock who doesn't much care who he tests his inventions on.

But, yeah, most likely a steampunk Dwarf. :sigh:

Anyway, yeah, looks interesting. I've pre-ordered that Heroquest reprint that'll hopefully arrive sometime in the autumn, I'll probably buy this too if the price isn't crazy-go-nuts.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Funny enough some of my friends on Discord had a similar argument on who that might be. I think we sorta settled on Ogre mercenary of some kind. But who knows.
There is going to be 8 characters in total at least.

Also this logo shows off a couple of more heroes.

One being a female stormcast, a female wizard of some kind. And yeah, the last one is a Dwarf.

Also the thing at bottom right looks like an undead Turkey. :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think that is one of the New Lumineth.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

MonsterEnvy posted:

However there is a short story sequel called Hamilcar The Age of Enlightenment. Which has him working with Settrus. (Also Settrus debuted in a full novel.)

And this exchange happens.

Settrus permanently dies in a sacrifice to stop Mannfred from getting his prize soon after.

Which frees him up to be brought back if GW ever decides to create another ancient Egypt knockoff, presumably.

Cooked Auto posted:

Funny enough some of my friends on Discord had a similar argument on who that might be. I think we sorta settled on Ogre mercenary of some kind. But who knows.
There is going to be 8 characters in total at least.

Also this logo shows off a couple of more heroes.

One being a female stormcast, a female wizard of some kind. And yeah, the last one is a Dwarf.

Also the thing at bottom right looks like an undead Turkey. :v:

That may be the vulture in the 2020-09-29 rumor engine.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

So awesome, I'm buying two of those things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Talas posted:

So awesome, I'm buying two of those things!

Should note that’s the named version. The generic version has a different pose and can be briefly spotted in the video.