Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's week of crisis management - This week, while contending with the ongoing Covid crisis, the PM visited Didsbury, Manchester after the area was hit by severe flooding from Storm Christoph"

Telegraph:

Johnson raises fears of lockdown in England continuing into summertime

Matt:

Experts split over £500 payment for people with Covid in England

Independent:

After Gustave Doré.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The most visible sign of the New Era is how fiercely conservative media are immediately trying to gin up new "scandals"

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Don't forget his old cartoon about how policemen are authoritarian shitheads and his 180 to a complete BACK THE BLUE BLUE LIVES MATTER.

Even in those days it's pretty telling that his complaint was about seatbelt laws rather than actual police abuse.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I dont know posted:

Even in those days it's pretty telling that his complaint was about seatbelt laws rather than actual police abuse.

In the long and storied history of the SA Polititoons threads I don't know if I've ever seen a label that tickles me quite like "Obsequious Behavior" does here, it's absolutely Kelly-tier :allears:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

95 is generous for a police officer tbh

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now imagine all the poo poo Dontrel forced Secret Service agents to go through over the last four years.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Ms Adequate posted:

In the long and storied history of the SA Polititoons threads I don't know if I've ever seen a label that tickles me quite like "Obsequious Behavior" does here, it's absolutely Kelly-tier :allears:

Unfortunately as a former Montanan I can confirm that is a whole thing up there. Never understood why

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just realized Garrison’s cartoon sucks even more, because he made a cartoon about troops being stuck in a garage during the Inauguration of Joe Biden and couldn’t even make an easy Zappa reference.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Came across this while collecting old comic strips for the newspaper comics thread, and I thought I'd share it. I'm not sure what's better, the labels or the faces.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Selachian posted:

Came across this while collecting old comic strips for the newspaper comics thread, and I thought I'd share it. I'm not sure what's better, the labels or the faces.

What year is that from? It looks like the copyright is 196(?) but those caricatures look like FDR and LaGaurdia who were long dead by then.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

What year is that from? It looks like the copyright is 196(?) but those caricatures look like FDR and LaGaurdia who were long dead by then.

November 1945.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Selachian posted:

Joe Parrish worked for the Chicago Tribune and seems to have been artistically talented, and opposed to FDR and american involvement in WW2, and something of an rear end.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 24, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Selachian posted:

November 1945.

So this guy barley waited for the ink to dry on the Potsdam Declaration before drawing this? I’m cackling thanks for sharing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The most visible sign of the New Era is how fiercely conservative media are immediately trying to gin up new "scandals"
I mean hell, that one QAnon senator already filed to try and impeach Biden.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

And the big “scandal” of last week wouldn’t have even happened if conservatives hadn’t tried to overthrow the government two weeks prior.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
They're beating the never even alive horse "scandal" of the Churchill bust as hard as they can also.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is the kind of poo poo republicans always do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

I dont know posted:

Isn't the average American IQ about 90? I mean IQ is bullshit but 95 doesn't indicate an idiot or anything, certainly not by local standards.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Isn't the average American IQ about 90? I mean IQ is bullshit but 95 doesn't indicate an idiot or anything, certainly not by local standards.

100 is an average IQ, by definition. Also IQ is a better measure of how long someone went to school than any inherent thinking ability, despite attempts to make it otherwise.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, IQ tests first measure your education and then measure your cultural and socio-economic closeness to whoever designed the test.

Particularly low measures can be indicative of a cognitive impairment. Otherwise they're largely useless.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Weren't IQ tests originally designed to prove that racism had a "scientific" basis anyway?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Technowolf posted:

Weren't IQ tests originally designed to prove that racism had a "scientific" basis anyway?
I’ve heard that, but also that it was changed to try to show the opposite later. Basically it’s the bad science of creating a test to prove your point, but the point keeps changing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Technowolf posted:

Everyone wondering about IQ tests needs to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBc7qBS1Ujo

Yes it's two and a half hours long, but it's worth it- it's a thorough, comprehensive attempt to break down the evidence regarding IQ, particularly as it applies to the infamous book "The Bell Curve," which is consistently cited by idiots who didn't read it and don't understand what they're talking about when they argue that it's correct. It goes through the studies the book's IQ poo poo is based on and finds all of them, 100% of them, to be lacking, often to the point of malice- which was a bit of a task because the authors did a better-than-average job hiding how much bad science their bullshit was built on.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Can't believe they'd just rip off Kelley like that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Twibbit posted:

Unfortunately as a former Montanan I can confirm that is a whole thing up there. Never understood why

Tbh when I've visited MT it seemed like everyone was just Canada-levels of polite, I suspect it's more that Benjy was mad heroic rugged cowboys weren't gunning down traffic cops.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

lol gently caress you ben

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Dude was literally retweeting Stonetoss by the end. It's been such a torturous journey from the libertarian days!

Amazing, Ben doesn't know how bricks work. Look at that loving corner.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Pilchenstein posted:

lol gently caress you ben

God’s work. :allears:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday
Both sides BAD GOOD!

Sinfest is now calling for unity, because really there are very fine people on both sides. Can't we all just get along?

That very same week Sinfest also put out several comics accusing various social media sites of being fascists', right around the time Twitter started banning people for doing little things like (checks notes) being part of a fascist coup that attempted to murder multiple government officials.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

skeleton warrior posted:

The only libertarians that aren't secret Nazis are the libertarians that are secret Monarchists.

https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1346886192990744580

Those ones are secret Nazis too. They want one unelected leader to rule in perpetuity and be served unquestioningly. Calling him "King" instead of "Fuhrer" is just a whitewash.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Thanks, I hate it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

hooman posted:

Amazing, Ben doesn't know how bricks work. Look at that loving corner.
:lol:
At first I thought that maybe he was just lazy and mirrored it, but no, it seems he drew it that way.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

...That's it, right? The author will start with a new thing? Hopefully something that makes some sense?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Well, at least Sinfest is admitting that Trump was the cause of all the violence and now that he's gone it's immediately better.

Right? And also, everyone was babies.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

how do wheels work

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

Well, at least Sinfest is admitting that Trump was the cause of all the violence

I mean, did it?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Observer:

"Joe Biden rolls up his sleeves – The new US president has his work cut out as he tries to clean up Donald Trump’s mess"

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Joe Biden rolls up his sleeves – The new US president has his work cut out as he tries to clean up Donald Trump’s mess"

Is that supposed to be blood :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Dude was literally retweeting Stonetoss by the end. It's been such a torturous journey from the libertarian days!

You made me look, stonetoss is still sadly around on twitter. gently caress.