Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I love meat but i draw the line at liver. Folks used to cook ot on a Sunday morning. Stunk the house out :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Cyril Sneeer posted:

It might be partly trying to look cool or adult-like, but the kids I knew in my school years who smoked cigs got addicted to nicotine through smoking weed or hash.

Where is this utopia where weed's easier to get than cigarettes

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I love meat but i draw the line at liver. Folks used to cook ot on a Sunday morning. Stunk the house out :barf:

It's :piss:

E: wait no that's kidneys. Horrible

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's :piss:

E: wait no that's kidneys. Horrible

Liver bad
Kidneys bad

Both still preferable to cod ro

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Apparently mealworms are going to be the next hot food source in Europe, now that they've finally been shown to be safe to eat millennia after SEAsia figured that out.

The worms themselves can digest polystyrene too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

I wouldn't mind trying psychedelics sometime, but I wouldn't know where and how to get them, and that's not the sort of thing you ask about over the public Internet.

i took 2ci and spent the entire time watching one piece maybe teh happiest i've ever been in my entire life lol

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gort posted:

A whole lot of places. Fags are pretty expensive in comparison to weed.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
3rd time in 4 months, eh!
Does he not understand the rules or something?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/25/keir-starmer-self-isolating-contact-covid

quote:

Keir Starmer is having to self-isolate for the third time in four months after the Labour leader was told he had again come into contact with someone who subsequently tested positive for coronavirus.

“This morning I was notified that I must self-isolate after coming into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19,” Starmer said in a tweet. “I have no symptoms and will be working from home until next Monday.”

etc

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

A whole lot of places. Fags are pretty expensive in comparison to weed.

Yeah I've been smoking the same bag of weed since late summer, and made $800 on the leftover bitcoin. That's never happened when I bought that one pack of fags when I was 12

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/25/keir-starmer-self-isolating-contact-covid

COVID only has to get lucky once

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

notaspy posted:

Just remember that Adam is a big ol' liberal libertarian, so it will be all "this is awful, but there is nothing to be done".

It will still be awesome. He is up there with the fox killer and oborne as people who will get a nice spot against the wall.
In fairness, if he ties the series up with a political solution or idea that even remotely veers to the left he'll never work for the BBC again

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Me talking to my daughter online yesterday: Hey, I know that Hogmanay is around New Years, but is there another holiday coming up soon? Robbie Burns night or something.

My 12 year old daughter who lives in Scotland: No, I don’t think so.

Thread today: It’s Robbie Burns Night!

As for Haggis, I’ve had it a few times when I went over to Scotland. It’s fine, but I think the inherent problem with it is that I just don’t really like lamb as a meat.
If it was pork based (which is essentially what White Pudding and Black Pudding are) it would be the best*.

* = I do love White Pudding. I’ve even had some of the veggie and vegan versions of it, and they can be nice too. A bit dry and mostly herbs and spices but still good.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If your black pudding isn't from Stornoway I'm turning my nose up at it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Depends what kind you get, large animals I believe have very pungent and unpleasant tasting livers, but chicken liver just tastes... mostly like dark chicken meat honestly? Lamb liver is similar but honestly I think I like chiken better now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Pray for COVID

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Owen Jones did a nice interview with Stewart Lee

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1353704734843166721

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The rules are so complicated and government messaging is poor, how on earth is Kieth supposed to understand what to do.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Apropos of nothing but what is it with boomers and adding emojis to every message

"no I haven't been out on my bike yet [unsolicited bike emoji]"

Just had a genuine "lemon wink pancakes" emoji trifecta too, barely relevant to the message it was appended to

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

* = I do love White Pudding. I’ve even had some of the veggie and vegan versions of it, and they can be nice too. A bit dry and mostly herbs and spices but still good.
Apparently they even do vegan black pud now, which I thought was a near impossible barrier for animal-free food.

Black beans with added vitamins and minerals instead of blood, with vegetable fat and oats.

e: ^ 🩸🥣🌭

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jose posted:

Some Tory MPs kicking up a fuss so of course he's bottling it and going to get a ton more people killed

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1353649558367166464?s=19

turning a big dial taht says "Deaths" on it and constantly looking back at the public for approval like a contestant on the price is right

edit: gently caress me serve me right for not reading ahead

TACD posted:

turning a big dial taht says "Covid deaths" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gort posted:

I think pretty much everywhere. (for an under 18). Dont know havent smoked the stuff for a while now. No weed dealer will ID you if you have the money, but I have been refused tobacco sales many times cause I looked underage and did not have id on me.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

drat where can I get me some of this

vv too late I asked

dark net innit

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

Me talking to my daughter online yesterday: Hey, I know that Hogmanay is around New Years, but is there another holiday coming up soon? Robbie Burns night or something.

My 12 year old daughter who lives in Scotland: No, I don’t think so.

Cut yourself off from your children, the UKMT is your family now.

Can I use the car please?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Apropos of nothing but what is it with boomers and adding emojis to every message

"no I haven't been out on my bike yet [unsolicited bike emoji]"

Just had a genuine "lemon wink pancakes" emoji trifecta too, barely relevant to the message it was appended to

Default keyboard on both Apple and Android does that thing where if you type a word that has an emoji associated with it it offers it up as the next suggestion and it's overtaken caps lock as favourite idiot button on the keyboard.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Cut yourself off from your children, the UKMT is your family now.

Can I use the car please?

I had dibs, just use your bike.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

ThomasPaine posted:

If you're not in Scotland and want decent haggis you have to either order it online or go to one of the posher supermarkets - I think the M&S in Newcastle did it. I'm sure it's easy enough to find in London too being a ridiculous metropolis. You're probably poo poo out of luck if you live in some rural place on the south coast. I imagine most decent butchers will be able to do you one if you go ask in advance even in England, it's not like they have any other use for the bits that get shoved into them.

Can confirm I'm in That London and about to walk up the road for a Vegan Haggis and the shop downstairs even sells Buckfast!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Default keyboard on both Apple and Android does that thing where if you type a word that has an emoji associated with it it offers it up as the next suggestion and it's overtaken caps lock as favourite idiot button on the keyboard.

That explains a lot. Because there's no way he went digging in the emoji menus to find these

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Barry Foster posted:

dark net innit

Please

I'm not young enough to know how to use this so called "darkened network" :cloud:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

I had dibs, just use your bike.

Motorbikes have many, many advantages over cars but even a Goldwing is useless for moving a couple of bags of quicklime, a shovel, and... an old carpet up to Epping Forest.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Guavanaut posted:

*blasts kids with unshielded high power X-rays from eyes* Oh no, they're about to accept a cigarette!

He also stole and destroyed that guys' fags when he's begging him not to and is clearly totally dependant on them. Sick.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Epping forest is crawling with old people having their daily walk you'd never get away with dumping a carpet without one of them running to the nearest payphone and calling up the fly tipping hotline

You'd have to take a spare carpet for the witness

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

He also stole and destroyed that guys' fags when he's begging him not to and is clearly totally dependant on them. Sick.

Superman being a dick is one of his core qualities, there used to be a website dedicated to collecting the best examples

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't stomach just chunks of liver but pate is one of the finest foods ever invented by humankind

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
A few years ago on Burns night I was visting mates in Cardiff; they'd picked up some acid while I stuck to the more traditional fare of whiskey. Turns out the tabs were way stronger then they expected, to the point that one of them got stuck in a mental loop continuously saying the same things and occasionally flailing around, so the general vibe was fairly grim.

On the upside, we had some microwaved veggie haggis which was pretty tasty, and everyone had recovered by the morning.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Annoyingly, my hotmail email accounts do that (on a Windows pc). If I am replying to an email sent to those accounts and want to itemize items as (a) (b) etc, I have to type ( a) or (a ) else if I type (a) it does a silly face with a hat on and ( b) or (b ) because if I type (b) it does a foaming tankard of beer. I have tried a zillion ways to change it and wasted many hours on google over the years trying to turn it off, but no joy. I just have to put those extra spaces in.

Unrelated:

What are these advert things at the bottom of the page?

VVVVV

I just saw some anti-islamic stuff in there.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 25, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just change your internal standards so that ordered lists now go:
:toot: Item 1
:cheers: Item 2
:cool: Item 3

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Motorbikes have many, many advantages over cars but even a Goldwing is useless for moving a couple of bags of quicklime, a shovel, and... an old carpet up to Epping Forest.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just saw some anti-islamic stuff in there.

Pretty sure that ad goes to the QCS thread about how Cyrano should be demodded.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ThomasPaine posted:

I can't stomach just chunks of liver but pate is one of the finest foods ever invented by humankind

1) Liver is great if you cook it properly with onions and bacon.

2) Pate is made through animal cruelty.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Great thanks. I never clicked on that area before because I wasn't sure what it was LOL

Meanwhile, in other news:

BBC sent me a survey on how they're doing.
I had fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jedit posted:

2) Pate is made through animal cruelty.

Foie gras is bad but chicken or pork liver pate is just livers innit.