Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I wasn't talking about myself, but I'll talk about you: You're an idiot and/or an rear end in a top hat. Guessing "and"
Thanks 😌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m sorry I contributed to this stupid argument ruining a thread I like and will shut up about it now. Maybe the no text rule was good after all.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

like jesus christ the whole "twitter feminist ties themselves in knots to produce a poo poo take on bernie because he's The Enemy™ for having the audacity to run against A Woman" was so loving prolific that mainstream memes picked up on it

but no we're definitely pushing back on your shallow idiotic take because we don't believe that women perform more emotional labor than men. that's absolutely the case. 100%. SA is just not the place to have talks like that. you solved it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who asked for text in the pictures thread. Show yourself.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
^^^^ I'm happy to move this conversation elsewhere

Kith posted:

that's not a conversation, you knob. that's you being desperate for someone to pat you on the back and say "great post, OP!" as if your surface-level reading of yet another obvious bad faith attack on someone is praiseworthy

Yeah I definitely thought I was going to get a pat on the back for commenting in support of a post that was critical of Bernie on this board.

"No that's clearly a person who hate Bernie and a tool of Big Lib, you just can't see her heart of hearts like I can" isn't a conversation either

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m sorry I contributed to this stupid argument ruining a thread I like and will shut up about it now. Maybe the no text rule was good after all.

zoux posted:

Who asked for text in the pictures thread. Show yourself.

i was having fun but i will pump the brakes. i am sorry for bringing ruin to this house

https://i.imgur.com/q07eebd.mp4

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jaxyon posted:

^^^^ I'm happy to move this conversation elsewhere

Yeah I definitely thought I was going to get a pat on the back for commenting in support of a post that was critical of Bernie on this board.

"No that's clearly a person who hate Bernie and a tool of Big Lib, you just can't see her heart of hearts like I can" isn't a conversation either

If there were posts of people criticizing Yellen or Warren for dressing and acting the same way Bernie did you might've had a point

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If there were posts of people criticizing Yellen or Warren for dressing and acting the same way Bernie did you might've had a point

poo poo I didn't realize that emotional labor isn't real if I can't find someone at the same rally to prove it

but it turns out I only had a point about emotional labor within this single event, woe is me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Take the L and shut the gently caress up, my dude.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

Take the L and shut the gently caress up, my dude.

No.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1353749235846549506?s=19

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I'm begging you, think of your dear mother thumbing through the thread and sobbing for her child's suffering.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Both of you cut it out.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

The Bloop posted:

No we should realize that different people have different priorities and overlapping complex goals and interests and maybe give people a few minutes to celebrate things that are important to them without blasting WELL ACTUALLY diarrhea all over them instantly

Do you think that Hoover's VP makes Native Americans hopeful that someday they too can be Vice President?

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 26, 2021

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

PeterCat posted:

Do you think that Hoover's VP makes Native Americans hopeful that someday they too can be Vice President?

I did not know about that guy, he's pretty interesting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PeterCat posted:

I don't personally know any persons who primarily identify as native-americans well enough to have had any such conversation with them and I don't intend to do any research about it right now. Do you have a point to make, or are you "just asking questions"?

For what it's worth I do happen to know a number of black people with young girls who are old enough to understand what's going on to the degree of "a lady like me is VP" but not "oh she's a cop? never mind then" and have heard mixed views from the parents, but pretty universally the ability to compartmentalize the good from the bad.

If anything that's partly bad is completely bad then nothing is good. That's a pretty pointless outlook.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

My point is if your example of representation is a horrible person they aren't a good example. My niece is black and I'd never recommend to her that she emulate Kamala Harris.

Let me ask you a question, did you make a big deal about Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell being the highest ranked African American people in the Executive Branch till President Obama was elected?

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 26, 2021

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

fool of sound posted:

Both of you cut it out.

I'm picturing your avatar saying this and it's a light in the darkness.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I know expecting a bottom is dumb but this is still worse than I was expecting even from Tucker. It's completely insane to me that Fox is airing this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1353873669437665280

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm picturing your avatar saying this and it's a light in the darkness.

I know it worked for me. Keeping up the fight would be a chancey proposition.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

The Bloop posted:

I don't personally know any persons who primarily identify as native-americans well enough to have had any such conversation with them and I don't intend to do any research about it right now. Do you have a point to make, or are you "just asking questions"?

For what it's worth I do happen to know a number of black people with young girls who are old enough to understand what's going on to the degree of "a lady like me is VP" but not "oh she's a cop? never mind then" and have heard mixed views from the parents, but pretty universally the ability to compartmentalize the good from the bad.

If anything that's partly bad is completely bad then nothing is good. That's a pretty pointless outlook.

Here's the problem, we want good policy and also diverse representation. There is growing political pressure on politicians to actually deliver on this.

US democrats absolutely do not want good policy, so instead they've decided to embrace diverse representation and let people of all kinds of backgrounds, races, sexual orientations etcetc carry out the same lovely loving policy they've always had. When this need for good policy is becoming ever more acute and not having it more deadly. And you're now asking us to see the more diverse representation being achieved as a victory. Ok, woopwoop, we have a hollow victory.

Wasn't like, a major part of the reason we wanted diverse representation in the first place that we believed this would mean politicians would better represent the interests of the electorate though? Cus like... that's not happening. At all.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Devil posted:

And you're now asking us

No
The gently caress
I'm Not

I never was. Just pointing out that some people are and we shouldn't piss in their little girls' Cheerios.

There is goddamn nuance between absolute condemnation and telling it on a mountain.

Biden was not my guy. His VP is a cop. It's not great. I'm not their champion. Did I get warped to cspam or is this just the d&d straw man thread now?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seriously though, maybe try shutting the gently caress up.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
All of you shut the gently caress up now and post funny pictures

https://i.imgur.com/7v6CV0O.mp4

sound on

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/GRIFTSH0P/status/1353890645744746497?s=20

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/erumham/status/1353724845905870848

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

an extremely yellow king face right there

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I definitely thought of this immediately when Rudy's face started leaking oil

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/supermathskid/status/1352223757851643908?s=20

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1354846320494784515?s=20

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Brain Glenn has been swelling that IQ

https://twitter.com/SamSacks/status/1354880694846173187

e: eh, I'm gonna need to see one where someone's holding today's Palm Beach Post

Just two dudes, standing normally. Normal standing techniques on display.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 28, 2021

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1354874217305567232?s=19

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1354862517902827521?s=20

If he doesn't like being attacked this way I guess there are always other ways of attacking. I don't think he'd like them any better though.

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 28, 2021

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Failed revolutionaries amazed there might be consequences after they failed and the bourgeoise thinking losing a small portion of their wealth to an angry proletariat one time is the worst thing that could happen to them is blowing my mind. I guess I don't expect these people to read history books but come on.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

"Oh no free market is too free, help!" -The wealthy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd be surprised if there's a single hedge fund billionaire who will only be a hedge fund millionaire after all this, the people who are going to get rinsed and have their lives ruined are the day trading redditors. Also Mets fans but they're used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

zoux posted:

I'd be surprised if there's a single hedge fund billionaire who will only be a hedge fund millionaire after all this, the people who are going to get rinsed and have their lives ruined are the day trading redditors. Also Mets fans but they're used to it.

the people that own gme stock are the wsb redditors, the hedge fund guys are the shorters