Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ASAPI posted:

Thanks all. Didn't want to throw away some implants and wanted to make sure that I am gtg. Now that I am armed with this knowledge I can start throwing away ships like I might have actual space money (never have enough).

Just be careful about one thing... You can only have 1 clone per station. So if you are let's say in 1dq 1st imperial Keepstar, and have a clone in there.. And you decide to jump clone to I dunno, Jita.. Your current body will be destroyed and all implants with it, because it cannot add another clone to that station. I have lost implants that way because I didn't bother reading the warning text and clicked right through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Dalael posted:

Just be careful about one thing... You can only have 1 clone per station. So if you are let's say in 1dq 1st imperial Keepstar, and have a clone in there.. And you decide to jump clone to I dunno, Jita.. Your current body will be destroyed and all implants with it, because it cannot add another clone to that station. I have lost implants that way because I didn't bother reading the warning text and clicked right through it.

Its a pretty dumb rule tbh

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Dalael posted:

Thankfully I am not in that situation. Although, it would have caught me eventually.

Like said many times, so much is not intuitive.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Is there a good way to keep UI placement settings / chat channels / overviews synced between multiple characters and accounts? I have everything set to 'default' profile on the launcher but it doesn't seem to replicate these settings, in fact im not sure what it does exactly. I use rakapaser's overview, but I edit it with some custom settings as well that I'd like to share with all my dudes.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

It drives me nuts that almost every 'make isk' guide starts with 'have 30 million sp and/or several billion isk'

I wish one of the people who knows all the money making inside and out would roll a new character, and do the money making bit with no outside support (like being bankrolled by their main) and figure out an isk making for idiot newbies guide.

I can't ask for people to subsidize my attempts to figure poo poo out, the only thing I ever made isk at in this game was ratting in delve with a carrier or an isktar, and it took 5 years of grinding to get to having those. I'm too old for 5 years of grinding

I'm thinking about setting up PI and/or skill extraction farm across some of my accounts. Is this a solid way to make passive isk with minimal real-world time invested? I have some subcap alts thats are basically skill complete so I don't need to train their accounts.
Also is there a best practice for getting Omega/MCT, like do they have regular sales or bundles?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

mightygerm posted:

Is there a good way to keep UI placement settings / chat channels / overviews synced between multiple characters and accounts? I have everything set to 'default' profile on the launcher but it doesn't seem to replicate these settings, in fact im not sure what it does exactly. I use rakapaser's overview, but I edit it with some custom settings as well that I'd like to share with all my dudes.

Set up your UI on your main and then go to the launcher and click the cogwheel next to their name and save your profile as something. Then go to the other characters, click on the cogwheel, set the profile the same as your main and that should be it.*

*It won't be because CCP but that's how I managed it after about 8 hours of loving about.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

mightygerm posted:

https://github.com/Bertral/EANM

Read the directions, back up your settings files, bask in the glory of identical client layouts.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

mightygerm posted:

I'm thinking about setting up PI and/or skill extraction farm across some of my accounts. Is this a solid way to make passive isk with minimal real-world time invested? I have some subcap alts thats are basically skill complete so I don't need to train their accounts.
Also is there a best practice for getting Omega/MCT, like do they have regular sales or bundles?

It rules. Tips from doing this since skill extraction launched years ago:

* Don't expect extracting to be massively profitable. It hovers around break-even, getting 150,000 daily log-in SP per month on the main helps. Some months extraction will look like a 50-100 mil loss per char though, be ready for that.
* MCT for 485 instead of 500 PLEX is cool, but was cooler when extraction was profitable as opposed to just a way to break-even on alts.
* PI is great but the prices of some things have fallen lately, and moving poo poo around delve in bulk was dicey during helms deep so I transitioned to AFK Orcas instead.
* Sales are great, around Christmas you could buy 30 days Omega for fewer PLEX than usual and I went deep. Not sure sales are predictable. The IRL year long subscription is the "best" deal, I typically pay for a few year long subs and run the rest off of extraction.
* Think about where/how you will sell injectors. I have enough Caldari standings I often do better selling in Jita than at the TTT, because some people must just filter out anything outside of station? IDK why anyone buys injectors in Jita, but they do. Can also sell in 1DQ, haven't checked prices there.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

mightygerm posted:

PI sucks. There is no other way to say it.

Moderate income through an insane number of clicks is how I think Phlegmish described it.

TBH: It takes forever to set up a good farm, and is a lot of effort and clicks. But once it's done and set up, the passive income is worth it.
I have a Broadcast node production set up using 3 char and if I wasn't such a lazy bitch who kept forgetting about it, it would probably create approximately 120 broadcast node per week.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Floppychop posted:

My main problem with C5 stuff is "first, you need 3 or 4 characters..."

That's the problem hey.

"It's an MMO, you're supposed to do things with other people".

That logic just doesn't work with an MMO which only has 10k players at a time.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Doing T3 and T4 PI might be more worth it right now since T1 prices completely crashed. I recently tore apart my entire PI setup and switched it to nothing but construction blocks (which is T2) in the system I am doing industry in because then I don't have to buy them or gate them. The other good low tier PIs to build is the ones used in fuel blocks, which i think is only one T3.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

who are you and why did you take my name

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ccp really hosed up by not making PI a toilet game

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

ccp really hosed up by not making PI a toilet game

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > ccp really hosed up by not making PI a toilet game

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

yoloer420 posted:

That's the problem hey.

"It's an MMO, you're supposed to do things with other people".

That logic just doesn't work with an MMO which only has 10k players at a time.

It’s more like 26k?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kinetica posted:

It’s more like 26k?

26,000 logins but only 10,000 players is actually probably accurate.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

SolusLunes posted:

Bro we have been having this conversation for a decade now, and I had this name on here first :colbert:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kinetica posted:

It’s more like 26k?

you forget how many people run 2-10 accounts at a time

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

ded posted:

you forget how many people run 2-10 accounts at a time

I am usually two and sometimes as many as four of those people

this game does strange things to you

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Solus posted:

Bro we have been having this conversation for a decade now, and I had this name on here first :colbert:

Which one of you had the Minecraft server?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

and can you restart it

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Beach Bum posted:

https://github.com/Bertral/EANM

Read the directions, back up your settings files, bask in the glory of identical client layouts.

Holy gently caress!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

The Hambulance posted:

Which one of you had the Minecraft server?

Not me

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
A .jar file to distribute a program that manipulates flat files? GTFO

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

It drives me nuts that almost every 'make isk' guide starts with 'have 30 million sp and/or several billion isk'

I wish one of the people who knows all the money making inside and out would roll a new character, and do the money making bit with no outside support (like being bankrolled by their main) and figure out an isk making for idiot newbies guide.

I can't ask for people to subsidize my attempts to figure poo poo out, the only thing I ever made isk at in this game was ratting in delve with a carrier or an isktar, and it took 5 years of grinding to get to having those. I'm too old for 5 years of grinding

Literally - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz4RCf8j1RU

Using an alpha clone to start on T0 Abyssals, and then moving onto T1 with the same character in another video, which means you can do all of this on an alt in highsec.

Video editing and the actual dialog are a bit rough, but they get the point across.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

and can you restart it

:golfclap:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Forgot to mention, had an absolute blast last night in a weird rear end fleet. Klaxos reshipped into Harpies following an unfortunate Cormfleet chemo, and spent the next hour just buzzing us around the t5zi grid, while PAPI chased us in an OspreyNI gang.

It was just a profoundly weird series of microfights, one after another -- they'd warp in, we'd kill a logi or two, they'd warp out, have the dead logi reship, and warp back in. Rinse and repeat, plus the occasional inties trying to tackle our anchors or bombers trying to sneak one past defenders. Whenever they stood down for a few minutes, we'd shoot the Ansiblex until it was about half shields, and they'd promptly warp over to save it again, restarting the whole dance.

They tossed out ~1.1b in bits and pieces of OspNI fleet and random grid junk to kill about 600m in bits and pieces of a tiny Harpyfleet, before they finally said "gently caress it" and up-shipped to Muninns to chase us back into 1dq.

I went through 70+ charges on both links, which is the only way that I could gauge how long we were out there skirmishing. Probably one of the most fun extended fights I've ever been in.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol first time using a Noise filament put me in Stain. :cripes:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

like three times today I pointed people to the guide in elysium too, only to hear them say there's no way for low sp players to make isk.

at some point I guess it's on them to go and find out for themselves that these things exist and are reliable faucets of money.

sorry you can't earn nyx ratting isk your first week but breaking 120m/hr with 5m sp is pretty loving good compared to the poo poo I had to do to afford my first capital ship.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Selling feet pics and gamer guy shower water for isk, pm me anywhere.

The 1st customer gets to name my left testicle

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Selling feet pics and gamer guy shower water for isk, pm me anywhere.

The 1st customer gets to name my left testicle

get the name tattooed on your scrote and I'll buy

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Baculus posted:

like three times today I pointed people to the guide in elysium too, only to hear them say there's no way for low sp players to make isk.

at some point I guess it's on them to go and find out for themselves that these things exist and are reliable faucets of money.

sorry you can't earn nyx ratting isk your first week but breaking 120m/hr with 5m sp is pretty loving good compared to the poo poo I had to do to afford my first capital ship.

I must be messing something up, I waa barely breaking even doing T3 filaments so I just kind of gave up. It was with a dual LASB vagabond.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Baculus posted:

get the name tattooed on your scrote and I'll buy

That sounds fair

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Baculus posted:

Yeah... Abyssals have enough RNG that it's kind of tough to lead a group to "press button, get money" in 3 paragraphs or less, the way blaster nagas and such could.

For shits and giggles I ran T3 electricals in a T2/meta fit Ishtar today. I had never fiddled with electrical fittings, holy poo poo that cap recharge bonus is insane. No wonder those filaments are so expensive!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
bro i intentionally eat funions just so i can rip huge farts on comms, i do it and no one reacted so many times i thought my mic was hosed, but other ppl i asked could totally hear it

they were insane, why tf are they being ignored?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

bro i intentionally eat funions just so i can rip huge farts on comms, i do it and no one reacted so many times i thought my mic was hosed, but other ppl i asked could totally hear it

they were insane, why tf are they being ignored?

listening to PGL and Vily's speech this weekend has made everyone acclimatized to hot air. try in a few days when our tolerance has reset

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ullerrm posted:

listening to PGL and Vily's speech this weekend has made everyone acclimatized to hot air. try in a few days when our tolerance has reset

That and the sound their fleets keep making in M2 pretty much made us immune to it.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

I had to keep asking around if he was the 2000% mic boosted solus

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i loving love querious. this was a delta sqad mining op: https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/NMjes84w58Jnfke7d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
No mining rigs? smdh