Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

For the dozen or so of you who still care about Torg Eternity, the Orrorsh not-on-KS KS is up.

https://www.gameontabletop.com/cf430/torg-eternity-orrorsh-eng.html

It also has a giant-box option since y'all seem to be into those lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadarx
May 25, 2012
Bloodborne pile post with cat for scale

There is a second box behind the Chalice dungeon box in the lower right.

https://imgur.com/a/JyMKv7h

jadarx fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 27, 2021

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Our Shores just funded!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/our-shores-an-rpgsea-compilation
We're shooting for the zine now, where we expand the three games by three teams to like, 11~ games by 11ish teams. Also adding a preview doc for Navathem's End. Really glad this passed funding!

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

jadarx posted:

That... sure is a lot of cardboard and plastic. Enjoy buying a new Kallax just for Bloodborne stuff :stare:

e: I genuinely fear for the cat's safety.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

For the dozen or so of you who still care about Torg Eternity, the Orrorsh not-on-KS KS is up.

https://www.gameontabletop.com/cf430/torg-eternity-orrorsh-eng.html

It also has a giant-box option since y'all seem to be into those lately.

While I backed it immediately it's going to be the... interesting cosm. Like one I really hope is approached with some sensitivity since they have a bunch of people called Victorians now hanging out on the Indian subcontinent which has been a Thing in the past.

Potentially problematic issues aside, the all-digital everything pack is $80. I wanted to balk but then thought with all the labor that goes into it that's probably what it's worth, maybe even still not. Even more people are going for the 'everything in the box' option anyway. Shipping on that thing is going to be the real horror of the Gaunt Man, eh? Eh? Yeah, you get it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

jadarx posted:

well no one was exaggerating that's for sure

storage really does seem like a legit issue with this hobby

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think that's part of the push for the big boxes and pre designed storage solutions in recent years. Games with huge amounts of dead space in the box just feel bad, but I guess it becomes its own side hobby to figure out how to consolidate boxes.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I backed it at the lowest level, and I got like 8 cubic feet of crap do deal with. It's an impressive amount of stuff if nothing else.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CODChimera posted:

I spent like $70 on a storage solution for one game.

It's a pretty good one, though

(edit) and that was the kickstarter price, it now goes for over $100

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
TBH that's pretty on brand for Too Many Bones, the game that is entirely Too Much Money (for me, obviously)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

StarkRavingMad posted:

That Trove Chest is incredible. Sure, it took like 3-4 hours sorting everything, but it keeps everything together and easy to access.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

While I backed it immediately it's going to be the... interesting cosm. Like one I really hope is approached with some sensitivity since they have a bunch of people called Victorians now hanging out on the Indian subcontinent which has been a Thing in the past.
I feel they did a good job with Tharkold and dealing with an entire realm based on abuse, so Orrorsh should be fine.

The real question is how they're going to handle Pan-Pacifica. It was supposed to be the last realm released, but given that a large part of that region is "being ravaged by a corp-engineered plague" they wisely put it on the backburner.

quote:

Potentially problematic issues aside, the all-digital everything pack is $80. I wanted to balk but then thought with all the labor that goes into it that's probably what it's worth, maybe even still not. Even more people are going for the 'everything in the box' option anyway.
The previous KS have all had a ton of digital content and are worth the $80. You get the core book, a bunch of adventures, one mini-campaign, and a bunch of reference cards, archetypes, maps, and so on.

quote:

Shipping on that thing is going to be the real horror of the Gaunt Man, eh? Eh? Yeah, you get it.
Pretend I made a joke about the Ecology of Fear and either Trump and/or Boris.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Got my Roleplayer's Guide to Heists physical copy today, very excited to dive in!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

That Trove Chest is incredible. Sure, it took like 3-4 hours sorting everything, but it keeps everything together and easy to access.

It is literally the nicest boardgame accessory I have ever owned.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JazzFlight posted:

It's pretty great, yeah. I felt kind of dumb for buying it, but I've got pretty much everything to do with Too Many Bones and it really was a pain to keep it all in like four separate boxes. It's very well designed.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

OgreNoah posted:

Got my Roleplayer's Guide to Heists physical copy today, very excited to dive in!

Enjoy it! The heists I did in there are some of my best work by far, and while I have issues with how the hard copies ended up going, eh, its a great big heaving book of rad.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

that's really cool. i don't know how that game works but i imagine it makes setup a lot easier which that alone is probably worth it

if i find a series i love with a ton of content i'd definitely consider getting something like that

jadarx
May 25, 2012

CODChimera posted:

The boxes themselves have pretty nice storage, particularly the core. All the cards have slots and there are special slots for each character's stuff when you 'save' during a campaign. A slight ding in that the trays are a bit tight if you sleeve and you won't have room for the upgrade cards if sleeved. Minis can stay in there plastic trays that they come in.

The big issue is obviously the number of boxes. And there's not much to do about that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jadarx posted:

That's a lot of nuts boxes!

"Yeah I'm buying some new shelving for all my board game"
"Don't you mean board gameS?"
"No"

StarkRavingMad posted:

I keep meaning to get around to playing Too Many Bones on TTS to see if it's any good, but the issue always boils down to the fact I need to import EVERYTHING if it does turn out great.

Sell this poo poo to retailers outside of the US :argh:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I keep meaning to get around to playing Too Many Bones on TTS to see if it's any good, but the issue always boils down to the fact I need to import EVERYTHING if it does turn out great.

Sell this poo poo to retailers outside of the US :argh:

That would require them to sell it to retailers. I looked at Coolstuffinc and Miniature Market and neither of them even list a Too Many Bones product. And the listing on Amazon is a third party marketplace vendor charging like a 100% markup. I could swear they used to have retail presence, but maybe I'm hallucinating.

And no, I don't know what the deal is with that.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Cubicle 7 have decided to write off the much-delayed Sigil & Sign Kickstarter, offering either cash refunds or 150% in Cubicle 7 store credit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/sigil-and-sign-cthulhu-mythos-rpg-where-you-play-t/posts/3084683

I got my refund ages back and am unsurprised to see this - they've got a lot of projects to be doing which will likely be more profitable, and their partners seem to have badly dropped the ball on it and left them holding the bag.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

quote:

Created by award-winning RPG developer C.A. Suleiman, Unspeakable brings the talents of the MBG creative team together with the proven vision of the Cubicle 7 team to deliver some truly exciting game products.

Oh word, I wonder if anything's been keeping him from working on RPG stuff?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

jadarx posted:

Tired: Bloodborne with cat for scale
Wired: Bloodborne with cats for characters

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh word, I wonder if anything's been keeping him from working on RPG stuff?

IIRC the Kickstarter ran before a lot of the stuff about him came out, and then this happened:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/sigil-and-sign-cthulhu-mythos-rpg-where-you-play-t/posts/2040857

So he hasn't been involved for some 3 years at this point.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Since people were clamoring for pictures, I got my copy of Necronautilus the other day! Looks amazing.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Its really well made, but goddarn if it isn't a tad bid tooo psychedelic for my playgroup who felt as if I'd put them through some sort of madmans fever dream Oo

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

CODChimera posted:

that's really cool. i don't know how that game works but i imagine it makes setup a lot easier which that alone is probably worth it

if i find a series i love with a ton of content i'd definitely consider getting something like that

I definitely bought the Terraforming Mars big box as much for the organization factor as for the 3d tiles.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Mr.Misfit posted:

Its really well made, but goddarn if it isn't a tad bid tooo psychedelic for my playgroup who felt as if I'd put them through some sort of madmans fever dream Oo
Post/page number combo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

The real question is how they're going to handle Pan-Pacifica. It was supposed to be the last realm released, but given that a large part of that region is "being ravaged by a corp-engineered plague" they wisely put it on the backburner.

And while I completely understand and support said reasons, it's a shame because decoupling Pan-Pacifica from the Yellow Peril of late 80's 'The Japanese are going to buy us all out!' and making them Umbrella Corp is just... :discourse:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is anyone backing the Dice Tower KS and getting promo pack A that doesn't want their Onitama cards? That's the only promo I need and I'm not liking the idea of spending $50 on a single promo...

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

jivjov posted:

Is anyone backing the Dice Tower KS and getting promo pack A that doesn't want their Onitama cards? That's the only promo I need and I'm not liking the idea of spending $50 on a single promo...

I'm in for B & D, but only need the Awaken Realms and Star Realms stuff. So if people want to grab a few things off me, I'm down for this too.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

kinkouin posted:

I'm in for B & D, but only need the Awaken Realms and Star Realms stuff. So if people want to grab a few things off me, I'm down for this too.

I would very, very much like to get the Underwater Cities promo cards from you in Pack B. It's the only thing I want in there and it drives me nuts to think about paying $50 for that.

The Tainted Grail and Etherfields stuff in D would also be awesome.

You're literally getting the two packs that got what I want in 'em. :)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

jivjov posted:

I’m pretty sure at cons you can buy their sponsored promos as singles. If you are patient it will pay off.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Memnaelar posted:

I would very, very much like to get the Underwater Cities promo cards from you in Pack B. It's the only thing I want in there and it drives me nuts to think about paying $50 for that.

The Tainted Grail and Etherfields stuff in D would also be awesome.

You're literally getting the two packs that got what I want in 'em. :)

Underwater Cities is yours, no prob. 5 bucks to cover shipping and such?

Tainted Grail and Etherfields is all Awaken Realms related, so I can't let go of those.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

djfooboo posted:

I’m pretty sure at cons you can buy their sponsored promos as singles. If you are patient it will pay off.

Conventions aren't gonna be a thing for a couple years

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
And even if they were, I for one don't travel for conventions and they're not a thing at my local ones. I have seen Dice Tower promos as addons on the promotional partner's Kickstarters occasionally, so I'm hoping maybe I can get the AR ones that way. I don't watch the Dice Tower's content, and I don't own most of the games in any of those $50 packs, so it's a non-starter for me otherwise.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

I understand that it would be a logistical nightmare to pack 10,000+ custom orders, but I still really wish they’d let you pick and choose your promos. I think every pack had 1-2 promos for games I own, but there’s no way I’m spending $250 for a handful of promos. I know I could always sell the extra stuff but :effort:

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Vidmaster posted:

I understand that it would be a logistical nightmare to pack 10,000+ custom orders, but I still really wish they’d let you pick and choose your promos. I think every pack had 1-2 promos for games I own, but there’s no way I’m spending $250 for a handful of promos. I know I could always sell the extra stuff but :effort:

It's a deliberate choice to using the promos for less popular games to bulk up the packs and increase the amount people will pay

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I guess I'll turn this on it's head--anyone need any of the other poo poo from Promo Pack A? I'll back for it and sell off the spares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

djfooboo posted:

https://boardgamegeekstore.com/collections/dicetower also carries their promos now.