Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

for canadians, wealthsimple trader or whatever it's called has explicitly said they wont stop you from buying stonks, and seem to be taking a "gently caress the hedge funds" angle to garner interest

the free market works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
half of the nation is starving to death and the other half is trading their money for something called dogecoin which is a fake internet coin with the picture of a dog on it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

WrasslorMonkey posted:

All I hear is "BUY BUY BUY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol lmao everything is hosed

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

spacetoaster posted:

Forget that crap, here's a real investment opportunity for goons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSVa6sqz0g

D-pants are the stock market the D is Gamestop

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i will buy $50 for $75, you won't find a better dollar on the dollar price anywahere else

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Mercrom posted:

im gona gamble away all my money on crypto and tell my landlord that money is fake

if anyone can understand money is fake it should be loving landlords

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Dolphin posted:

i think i might have done that actually... how do i find that

Search for "wallet.dat" in your old backups.

Next, you can either download the 100000 gb Dogecoin blockchain, or you can open your wallet.dat in notepad (if you didn't encrypt it) and search for "name". The thing that looks like a bitcoin address after the name is your address. You can look it up in the online blockchain explorer dogechain.info to see the balance.

If you did encrypt it, see you in 2 months I guess when the blockchain has finished downloading.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Misato > Asuka > Ritsuko > Kaworu > Maya > Yui > Rei

this is disrespectful to rei

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’ve never enjoyed gambling but $100 on doge has been entertaining as gently caress

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1354947541863780365

lmao that Chamath is shilling his robinhood competitor

Lol,

This guy and AOC are going to save us...

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zeno-25 posted:

Does AMC have the potential to cause a cascading financial crisis, though? I really hope it does

AMC existing means I have somewhere to go on edibles where I dont have to talk to people BUY BUY BUY

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Justin Tyme posted:

get the gently caress out of dogecoin right now you loving goons

take your 6x gains and run and be thankful volume is high enough to cash out. DONT TRADE CRYPTO

im sorry i cant hear you

i have too much money in my ears

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i'm not allowed to buy dogecoin because it is Too Real

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
tell me what peoplea re buying next right now

GallienKruger
Nov 25, 2005

while “only use what you’re willing to lose” is sound advice please also be aware that addictive behaviour dangerously effects what you believe to be worth losing.

dogecoin jfc

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
God Robinhood's app and site suck so much right now. I'm funding new GME options from DOGE but the money I pulled out of DOGE is nowhere right now. Still showing my equity full, but if I try to sell out some it says I have insufficient funds so it looks like the order was sent, but they haven't reconciled with their front-end to show the money deducted from my equity.

And the trade hasn't happened, I don't have the funds available in my account. Get your poo poo together RH.

edit: they finally traded it. gently caress

Viginti Septem has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Jan 29, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I made a big mistake basing my career in technology invented before 1995

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BULBASAUR posted:

GME + NAKD

I STILL LOVE AMC

I STILL LOVE BB

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gotta say, i really enjoy posting through life altering historical events with y'all

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
robinhoods site is hammered as gently caress right now

like the rest probably

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Xaris posted:

where do you live? we have a bunch of non-us people (canadian, brazilian, etc) peeps here you can ask like dead gay comedy forums and stuff

never heard of passfolio but it seems potentially usable i guess. i'm not seeing any immediate scary red flags

bagual and I are using passfolio without probs

does the basics, market buy and sell for free, 30-day free trial gives you limit buy/sell and stops

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Stereotype posted:

half of the nation is starving to death and the other half is trading their money for something called dogecoin which is a fake internet coin with the picture of a dog on it

There is no way this isn't how the Roman empire wouldn't have ended if they have this technology

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Stereotype posted:

i'm not allowed to buy dogecoin because it is Too Real

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chinatown posted:

like the rest probably

yep unable to do anything f except agree to the crypto

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Reality Protester posted:

I made a big mistake basing my career in technology invented before 1995

I made a big mistake basing my career out of doing physical things

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
dogecoin is the real currency because it acknowledges its own absurdity

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Crusader posted:

gotta say, i really enjoy posting through life altering historical events with y'all

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Stereotype posted:

i was trying to catch up with the thread and thank you for explaining the situation

lmao

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Crusader posted:

Going mad is better with company.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
RH website struggling to display anything as people scrambled to buy and sell doge, this is absolutely normal

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

samantonio posted:

God Robinhood's app and site suck so much right now. I'm funding new GME options from DOGE but the money I pulled out of DOGE is nowhere right now. Still showing my equity full, but if I try to sell out some it says I have insufficient funds so it looks like the order was sent, but they haven't reconciled with their front-end to show the money deducted from my equity.

And the trade hasn't happened, I don't have the funds available in my account. Get your poo poo together RH.

I know two people trying to recover or register RH accounts right now due to doge madness and the security codes, that expire in <10 minutes, are taking 20+ minutes to be texted out. So you literally can't do security verification right now.

NewPlayer
Apr 17, 2020

Chinatown posted:

im sorry i cant hear you

i have too much money in my ears

The only regret i have is not buying dip

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my favorite part of this current moment is when some embalmed ghoul comes out to sternly wag his finger and say something like "this isn't funny!!! What about this is funny to you? A bunch of hard working Wharton grads who made their money bankrupting beloved toy stores now owe eighty trillion dollars they can't afford because they placed infinite bets with borrowed money and got blown out by the basement dwelling chicken tenders brigade! do you think that's funny??"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

PawParole posted:

lmao that Chamath is shilling his robinhood competitor

hell ya he is, this is free advertising. you can't make better advertising. get stupid rich on meme stocks, but don't use the app that rips you off lmao

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Chinatown posted:

like the rest probably

cant buy doge cant buy gme guess my kids college fund is safe for now

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Crusader posted:

It is nice.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Source4Leko posted:

I made a big mistake basing my career out of doing physical things

a friend of a friend made a few mill selling his esports startup and im sucking down toxic dust for peanuts

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm fully expecting doge coin to be either at like $5 when I wake up or way below what I paid for it initially there is no inbetween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Crusader posted:

i remember doing this in 2008 lmao