Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Business Gorillas posted:

the biggest biden stan i know is a 72 year old boomer who believes he'll never die and regularly fell asleep at work meetings
Biden voters confirmed mentally three years old. That said, falling asleep during a meeting is to be respected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Who among us hasn't fallen asleep at a meeting that should have been an Email?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Sleeping on the clock kicks rear end but don't fall asleep in meetings you call is all I'm saying

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Sleeping on the clock kicks rear end but don't fall asleep in meetings you call is all I'm saying

Hope you're getting paid boss wages to be so bossy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

Hope you're getting paid boss wages to be so bossy.

I think they mean you'd get found out toot but also sweet.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Feb 2, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

This is actually a power move. I put an hour on your calendar, you will watch me nap for an hour.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This one is pretty accurate except that he is treating us all like he hired us for sex.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This one is pretty accurate except that he is treating us all like he hired us for sex.

I'm fine with that, but you usually get paid after. Where's the money?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If someone agreed to pay you for sex and decides not to afterward, what are you going to do? Joe knows how to play those angles.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
now that joe is the president we can't get mad at him for not paying up. because of the implication

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I get the sentiment here but I'm really struggling to understand this guy's expectations

Biden been president literally less than two weeks, covid cases have fallen 30%

or maybe he was hoping for some sort of immediate declaration of victory and doubling down on ignoring the virus

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe

ShadowHawk posted:

I get the sentiment here but I'm really struggling to understand this guy's expectations

Biden been president literally less than two weeks, covid cases have fallen 30%

or maybe he was hoping for some sort of immediate declaration of victory and doubling down on ignoring the virus

Part of that is just the Christmas/new year's peak has passed though

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Qwazes posted:

Part of that is just the Christmas/new year's peak has passed though
Well yeah it's not like Biden flipped a magic national "LOWER COVID" switch two weeks ago

But even with sudden massive and immediate policy change, it's hard to imagine things improving faster than they already have

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShadowHawk posted:

But even with sudden massive and immediate policy change, it's hard to imagine things improving faster than they already have

Easily. Instead now the libs are screeching at you to double mask now with all the new variants, and have already lied to you about the $2k they promised you to stay home and control the spread of the virus. They could have declared a National State of Emergency and done all sorts of things, including nationalizing production of masks and respirators, as well as the vaccine.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

ShadowHawk posted:

Well yeah it's not like Biden flipped a magic national "LOWER COVID" switch two weeks ago

It's just a lull, look at Manaus

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1356744874540883971

owned

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
WTF is a head of household, in like, legal terms

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuclear War posted:

primary income earner

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nuclear War posted:

do u live in your parents basement and have 5 dollars income, but aren't their declared dependent & pay no bills? head of household like a sir

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
$1400 instead of $2000 and now lowering the thresholds. Why are they negotiating themselves down? Are Senior Democrats under the impression things are going really great in the US? Do they not realize that people like getting money and will elect you after receiving money?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nuclear War posted:

well normally in medieval times a holding would be like a keep or a manor and the surrounding lands that you own. but in this case it's just a house. so it's a household

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, what is everyone planning on doing with their $200 (which is the amount that was always promised, unless you were mislead/didn't pay attention) stimulus check?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

$1400 instead of $2000 and now lowering the thresholds. Why are they negotiating themselves down? Are Senior Democrats under the impression things are going really great in the US? Do they not realize that people like getting money and will elect you after receiving money?

It is possible the dems believe that they need to reduce their demands as an act of "good faith" prior to formal negotiation.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Agrajag posted:

dems are absolutely poo poo at negotiating

they literally go in pre-conceding their position

this is incorrect because their position is the same as the gop, they just pretend it isn't.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

I'm a powerfully stupid person but I don't understand why they can't just send out the $2000 and then claw it back from high earners at tax time

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
they'd rather claw it back from the poor

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

sat on my keys! posted:

I'm a powerfully stupid person but I don't understand why they can't just send out the $2000 and then claw it back from high earners at tax time

liberals are obsessed with making government programs harder to use and more expensive to run because they’d rather prove conservatives right about government than raise taxes

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the democrats have the presidency and both houses of congress; the only reason something doesn't pass is because they, as a party, don't want it to

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Fame Douglas posted:

Republicans are desperately negotiating to make the payments as disappointing as possible so that Democrats don't get a political windfall from the payouts.

And because Democrats suck they are cooperating.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Reminds me of the the brilliant Obama strategy of making his stimulus payments as invisible as possible, lmao.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Liberals understand the purpose of government as providing the right mixture of incentives to get markets to solve all problems. Helping people directly counteracts rather than perfects the natural, loving markets that underpin all existence. They must be forced to use markets to help themselves.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bedpan posted:

It is possible the dems believe that they need to reduce their demands as an act of "good faith" prior to formal negotiation.

dems are a waste lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sat on my keys! posted:

the Dems think that giving voters what they want so that they vote for you is cheating

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Shipon posted:

Howie's Homies

:hai:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nottherealaborn posted:

this is bidens america :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=718eD8V5_0g

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Elephant Ambush posted:

why

why do you broke brain weirdos say poo poo like this is funny?

it's not loving funny. people who don't deserve to die are dying

i can't loving stand this forum sometimes. we're all supposed to be people who want society and govt to improve to help the less fortunate and then we have garbage rear end poo poo like this post and an entire thread full of so-called "leftists" defending an ableist slur because they want to say it to people they don't like

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sat on my keys! posted:

This is pretty much what Canada is doing and I realize this is probably the third or fourth time I've been incredulous about this, but Canada's benefit is $2000/month, not a single $2000 lol

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The new Republican counter proposal only gives people $1000

So to reiterate

1. Dems promised 2000
2. Dems got elected and said they will definitely without a doubt provide 1400
3. Conservative ghouls just said how bout 1000

So I'm sure Dems will "compromise" on another 600, or nothing at all
lol

”uhmmm, actually Biden didn’t lie because it adds up to 2k total!” - every single shitlib

Elephant Ambush posted:

why

why do you broke brain weirdos say poo poo like this is funny?

it's not loving funny. people who don't deserve to die are dying

i can't loving stand this forum sometimes. we're all supposed to be people who want society and govt to improve to help the less fortunate and then we have garbage rear end poo poo like this post and an entire thread full of so-called "leftists" defending an ableist slur because they want to say it to people they don't like
Y’know the scene in Goodfellas where Liotta is trying to save Maury’s life by getting him to pay Deniro and Deniro comes up behind Maury and starts strangling him with a phone cord and Maury’s toupee falls off and Liotta starts laughing even though a second ago he was trying to help?

That’s this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

sat on my keys! posted:

They don't want to. It's as simple as that. They lied to get votes and they don't want to send anyone anything.