Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Cop-Spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

where have all the workers gone, long time passing
where have all the workers gone, long time ago
where have all the workers gone? Gone to graveyard shifts, every one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Omar or AOC should just take the tactics Bernie said he would employ as president whenever someone would ask him "How would you deal with Joe Manchin?" Show up at his office with a mob of angry West Virginians and occupy his space until he relents.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

galenanorth posted:

I haven't watched any AOC video, so I don't have much of an opinion, and I'm probably going to watch Paddington 2 instead of it next time I get some downtime,

but the thread is all "you're illiterate" this and "someone needs a good face loving" that and "you're a loving lunatic" this and "I love getting my loving face hosed" that, and people are asking, so if you want me to hand out probes, here is the proposed set:

- Quetzadilla (6 hours and thread banned)
- Lib and let die (12 hours)
- mcmagic (6 hours and thread banned)
- Stinky Wizzleteats (6 hours)
- Mirello (12 hours) - because Lib and let die has a point about asking for mods with having like less than a page of posts in both this thread and the old one, but the thread is better when people reply to specific posts instead of posting mainly to criticize the overall vibe (edit: but feel free to come back afterward)

lmao gently caress off you incredible dumbass. of everyone itt you're by far the stupidest motherfucker by a mile.

Accretionist posted:

If they were threadbanned, we'd never have this discussion again. :colbert:

This ~~playing with trolls (I'm lonely)~~ poo poo displaces/stops quite a bit of news chat.

there's an entire other thread for news about dems succing if you want it, but it is fairly slow. this one's for any old rear end in a top hat on twitter saying dumb poo poo and sometimes especially posters' personal twitter beefs with 5 total views.

The Oldest Man posted:

No threadbans but anytime quetz mcmagic or how are u post it automatically clears any probation on taintrunner and PMs him the link to their latest post

let them fight

:emptyquote:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

galenanorth posted:

By 2026, the two-bedroom housing wage in West Virginia will be around $16.81, based on the 2011-2016 and 2016-2020 increases

bruh get a roommate grumble grumble you entitled zoomers are so unrealistic

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

lmao gently caress off you incredible dumbass. of everyone itt you're by far the stupidest motherfucker by a mile.

there's an entire other thread for news about dems succing if you want it, but it is fairly slow. this one's for any old rear end in a top hat on twitter saying dumb poo poo and sometimes especially posters' personal twitter beefs with 5 total views.

Get your face hosed

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quetzadilla posted:

lmao you think there’s a second succ zone

it’s just a bunch of lib cowards and losers who want a safe space

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

quetz youre a good poster when youre telling the thread cops to gently caress off. please do more of that posting and less of the succ thing

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

What was D&D's position on Tara Reade?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raccooon posted:

Russian.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Breakfast All Day posted:

quetz youre a good poster when youre telling the thread cops to gently caress off. please do more of that posting and less of the succ thing

Every rose has its thorn

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

this thread has shot down the idea of these particular threadbans twice so i dont think its grassroots, although i get the mods being peeved since whenever this little invasions happen im sure theres 100 reports trying to snag one of us perfidious succ zoners

i think it’s just that forumswide theyre using threadbans more frequently as the “you can’t play in the ball pit because you keep laying on the bottom and grabbing legs, but we don’t want to make your parents take you home” compromise

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Did anyone itt actually expect anything better from Biden other than the fun of Trump being owned

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

i think it’s just that forumswide theyre using threadbans more frequently as the “you can’t play in the ball pit because you keep laying on the bottom and grabbing legs, but we don’t want to make your parents take you home” compromise

How are they being tracked and what are the rules explicitly

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I think Biden's doing very well thankyou very much:
Promise: reverse the Muslim ban

Action: reversed the Muslim ban

Promise: reverse the transgender military ban

Action: reversed the transgender military ban

Promise: end the "remain in Mexico" policy

Action: ended the "remain in Mexico" policy

Promise: repeal the global gag rule

Action: repealed the global gag rule

Promise: reverse the Mexico City abortion policy

Action: reversed the Mexico City abortion policy

Promise: require facemasks on federal land

Action: executive order requiring facemasks on federal land

Promise: require facemasks on transportation under federal authority

Action: executive order requiring facemasks on transportation under federal authority

Promise: expand availability of the plans of affordable care act

Action: expanded availability of the plans of the affordable care act

Promise: extend eviction moratorium

Action: eviction moratorium extended to September 1

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Don't threadban people for anything less than egregious forums crimes such as spamming or disagreeing with me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I think Biden's doing very well thankyou very much:
Promise: reverse the Muslim ban

Action: reversed the Muslim ban

Promise: reverse the transgender military ban

Action: reversed the transgender military ban

Promise: end the "remain in Mexico" policy

Action: ended the "remain in Mexico" policy

Promise: repeal the global gag rule

Action: repealed the global gag rule

Promise: reverse the Mexico City abortion policy

Action: reversed the Mexico City abortion policy

Promise: require facemasks on federal land

Action: executive order requiring facemasks on federal land

Promise: require facemasks on transportation under federal authority

Action: executive order requiring facemasks on transportation under federal authority

Promise: expand availability of the plans of affordable care act

Action: expanded availability of the plans of the affordable care act

Promise: extend eviction moratorium

Action: eviction moratorium extended to September 1

lmao I remember this getting posted

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Raccooon posted:

Russian dezinformatsiya

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raccooon posted:

people like this loving reprobate explicitly saying that she was paid off by russians, and who still post freely without scorn to this loving day

Quetzadilla posted:

turn on your loving monitor, dude

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You don't intern for one of the most powerful dem politicians there is and not try to join the Washington consensus. The bartender stuff probably was a way to pay the bills, but her using it as her identity is very similar to George Bush pretending to be a cowboy instead of the coked out Yale alum he was

Edit,: oh poo poo a Chappaquadick ref lol my bad

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Raccooon posted:

LOL.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928081&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

what I will say in this regard, and please don't take this as being an anti-masker or some poo poo, is that if you're going to be doing any strenuous activity you do have to watch yourself, since a respirator does restrict your breathing to some degree, as opposed to the general wisdom that you can still do everything in a surgical mask that you normally can without

otherwise I'm glad it worked out for you. Make sure you're using P100-rated filters, watch an instructional video so you know how to do a positive and a negative pressure test on yourself, and enjoy the feeling of invulnerability as you walk down the grocery aisles

Yeah, I mostly plan on just using it for going to the grocery or on the rare occasion I need to do something like go to a doctor appointment (a big reason I got it is that I have an appointment Thursday). I have this old Nordic Track at my house that I've been using for exercise since the quarantine started, so I won't need to do anything strenuous while wearing the mask.

spacemang_spliff posted:

you can pretty comfortably wear them for a few hours although they will leave red lines on your face (which go away)

I have one but I don't use it for covid (they make different cartridges for different uses)

I fortunately wouldn't need to ever wear it for long periods of time (probably never longer than like 2 hours or so). Just for going to the store, doctor appointments, and maybe trying to finally see friends in person some.

Lostconfused posted:

That's what the nose clip is for. It creates a seal so the air doesn't escape making the mask a lot less useful.

This doesn't work for me. I've tried making the nose clip as tight as possible, but I think something about the shape of the bridge of my nose and/or cheekbones (might be the combination of high cheekbones and a narrow nose) causes there to be gaps to the sides of the metal strip.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Feb 2, 2021

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also, since Concerned Citizen left us the Succ Zone has needed a new Dem Party Sin-Eater and while both Quetzadilla and mcmagic are promising candidates we have not selected the position just yet, so any threadbans for anyone else would be premature at this time.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

lmao you think there’s a second succ zone

it’s just a bunch of lib cowards and losers who want a safe space

How is it a safe space? This is not a rhetorical question I didn't really pay attention to the justification for the new threads in the shakeup. Were succposters threadbanned from it or something?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^its the other kind of safe space, a hug box where being mean to libs is frowned upon

World War Mammories posted:

people like this loving reprobate explicitly saying that she was paid off by russians, and who still post freely without scorn to this loving day

turn on your loving monitor, dude

followed shortly by this psycho post (same page) by someone who then got promoted to D&D IK and started probing his posting enemies in CSPAM:

quote:

I don't want to re-litigate the Tara Reade thing either, but the fact that she can't produce evidence of a Bachelor's degree is extremely bonkers -- and I work in higher education. It is trivially easy to show you have a Bachelor's in 2020 - like, literally less than 5 minutes work. Make of that what you will. (And no, having a graduate degree does not prove you have an undergraduate degree -- typically people who are applying and admitted to graduate programs have not earned their bachelor's yet, and its on the graduate program to do a follow up to confirm graduation -- which frequently wasn't done, especially in the 90s.)

how quickly would someone catch a probe or a ban during the recent discussion ITT if they said:
well, did AOC really get raped? well, if she can’t produce proof of her bachelors degree then clearly she’s a Russian asset and a liar and a wh

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ahahahhaha this post still exists

axeil posted:

The same thing she had to gain from all her other lies: money.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOvSzWC07k

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Taintrunner posted:

sorry you want to deny the reality of what your elected representatives actually support and how they mock and scorn you for getting uppity about it

i like her cause shes hot, op

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

You don't intern for one of the most powerful dem politicians there is and not try to join the Washington consensus. The bartender stuff probably was a way to pay the bills, but her using it as her identity is very similar to George Bush pretending to be a cowboy instead of the coked out Yale alum he was

Edit,: oh poo poo a Chappaquadick ref lol my bad

yeah if you're in a swamp you're mostly underwater

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Brb making a greasemonkey script to change "Tara Reade" to "Christine Ford"

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I’m confused by the [cumm] tag. What thread is this?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

cum thread

the extra M is for more cum

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Quetzadilla posted:

of everyone itt you're by far the stupidest motherfucker by a mile.

your monitor

turn it on

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cenotaph posted:

I find the term side hustle to be extremely disturbing. It's a second job. People losing time with their children to try to not starve is not a loving hustle.

the last time i ever used doordash the person who delivered our food was a mom with her toddler

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SchnorkIes posted:

Did anyone itt actually expect anything better from Biden other than the fun of Trump being owned

what fun is trump being owned if he's banned and we can't see it

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

It seems like a real chicken/egg scenario because the thread cops only show up when I'm generating enough reports to summon them here to publicly deliberate threadbanning me for the third time in a month for the stated reason of: ?????

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

she said it was violence and life threatening that jimmy dore was criticizing her so even if she actually felt that way on 1/6 her previous accusations call that into question
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1345193022179467268

lmfao I don’t think I ever looked direct at this

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

It's about CumEx op.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

aoc also literally used the exact same logic that she dismissed when it came to forcing the vote on m4a to explain why it's so extremely important to impeach trump again

not quite, impeachment is personal or her, as she’s said. m4a is just a nice idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol quit reporting quetzadilla you fucks