Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

give people free money and you win it's literally that easy, but dems literally would prefer to lose than have any pressure put on them to do literally anything to help you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It was easier for Dems to pass a direct payments bill when Republicans were in charge

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Biden can sign a piece of paper giving everyone free money tomorrow and go down and the best president of all time lmao

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It was easier for Dems to pass a direct payments bill when Republicans were in charge

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Elephant Ambush posted:

why

why do you broke brain weirdos say poo poo like this is funny?

it's not loving funny. people who don't deserve to die are dying

realizing the scope of the problem is step 1 towards laughter

there will only be death, and the alternative is death to prevent death in the face of priced-in guaranteed death

it will only get worse until the people break along with the system. and then it will get worse anyway because climate change

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

also, good people have been dying preventable deaths nonstop throughout our lifetimes

feeling sad for them didnt do poo poo by the way

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the entire biden presidency is predicated on putting obama and clinton era harvard career climbers in charge of everything, hoping that when things inevitably return to a new "normal" people will be so very thankful they'll not focus on all the bad but instead how much it has improved

at this point, all the dead sacrificed to covid will be for nothing if we literally just go back to the way things were and nothing changes. there has to be a body blow done to legitimacy so that things can actually move, rapidly, in the right direcvtion

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

KaptainKrunk posted:

the entire biden presidency is predicated on putting obama and clinton era harvard career climbers in charge of everything, hoping that when things inevitably return to a new "normal" people will be so very thankful they'll not focus on all the bad but instead how much it has improved

at this point, all the dead sacrificed to covid will be for nothing if we literally just go back to the way things were and nothing changes. there has to be a body blow done to legitimacy so that things can actually move, rapidly, in the right direcvtion

things haven't improved and won't improve, long term

it's a constant grapple towards maintaining the status quo, then a deterioration of conditions, then a grapple towards maintaining the new and incrementally worse status quo

imagine it as a staircase to hell, but the steps become more angled the farther you go down

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Elephant Ambush posted:

why

why do you broke brain weirdos say poo poo like this is funny?

it's not loving funny. people who don't deserve to die are dying

i can't loving stand this forum sometimes. we're all supposed to be people who want society and govt to improve to help the less fortunate and then we have garbage rear end poo poo like this post and an entire thread full of so-called "leftists" defending an ableist slur because they want to say it to people they don't like

i lost 3 of my remaining 5 family members to covid over the last 6 months. i have earned the right to post lmao at this poo poo

lmao

edit: vvvvv thank you both. im just tired but its very nice to get some sympathy lol

Syncopation has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Feb 3, 2021

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i lost 3 of my remaining 5 family members to covid over the last 6 months. i have earned the right to post lmao at this poo poo

lmao
holy poo poo I'm really sorry for your loss

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lmao

Sorry buddy, that's unimaginable :/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The problem is not with the bright young wonky Democratic machine types themselves, the problem is that they're just not properly geared for the type of change they need to be effecting.

They're all about doing stuff that makes the line go up slowly in the 20 year graph, but in the non-graph world all that poo poo gets blocked or destroyed because Republicans will win an election at some point and Republicans either actively don't want good things to happen out of fear/inertia or because they just want more money for rich people or some combination of both.

Obama-ite West Wing Dems should be running some really well-endowed and respectable charity that can be reasonably expected to continue dependably chugging along for years and years and years, a place they can slowly build infrastructure and initiatives.

In the actual government world of 2021 they need to be a bunch of loving bruisers who know how to strike while the iron is hot, right loving now, before the ghouls retake power. And they simply ain't.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Obama-ite West Wing Dems should be running some really well-endowed and respectable charity that can be reasonably expected to continue dependably chugging along for years and years and years, a place they can slowly build infrastructure and initiatives.

I don't think the Obama-ite types can be entrusted with any amount of money, power, or influence. It is abundantly clear those same well-endowed charities become occupied by liberal performers who spend the money on consultants, paid speech fees, and donations to organizations run by their friends. The infrastructure they build is one of elite corruption and their initiatives are to ensure no change, no even incremental, occurs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Republicans will win an election at some point and Republicans either actively don't want good things to happen out of fear/inertia or because they just want more money for rich people or some combination of both.

this also describes democrats

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Run on platform of giving 2k to everyone, explicitly. Win everything then just lol and flip off every voter. Better luck next time, chumps! Amazing.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
You'll only get the full stimulus if you've been unemployed for at least one full year and can provide an average of 5 denial letters/month.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cocaine Bear posted:

Run on platform of giving 2k to everyone, explicitly. Win everything then just lol and flip off every voter. Better luck next time, chumps! Amazing.

Get your "where's my loving money?" texts perfected now because 2024 will, once again, be the most important election of our lives and will require libs to phone/textbank

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Business Gorillas posted:

Get your "where's my loving money?" texts perfected now because 2024 will, once again, be the most important election of our lives and will require libs to phone/textbank

Is 2024 going to be so important that the left wing has to hold their nose and go with the tepid centrist banker "compromise" candidate (and policies)? Well, hopefully that's the last time!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Is 2024 going to be so important that the left wing has to hold their nose and go with the tepid centrist banker "compromise" candidate (and policies)? Well, hopefully that's the last time!

Look, I know you cosplay leftists aren't crazy about Candidate Dimmon, but it's him or Crenshaw!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zurtilik posted:

You'll only get the full stimulus if you've been unemployed for at least one full year and can provide an average of 5 denial letters/month.

There is a 100% chance some dem on the committee for this proposed something very similar lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cocaine Bear posted:

The worst bankerotype, carceral banker.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Business Gorillas posted:

"if you add my 2016 and 2020 votes, it's the equivalent of the 2024 vote I promised."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you mean like acorn? lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The charities they run are primarily concerned with doing stuff like co-opting leftist movements to fill them with careerists and pump the brakes on their demands, or to do the political work of neoliberal privatization schemes (never fail to remind people that privatization is literally Nazi science) without any worry of oversight or taxation and a default sunny reception in the press. They're extremely dangerous as well but will be easier to deal with once the left finally gets it through their heads here that liberals must be treated with identically to conservatives

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

give em the ol' lying trump joey

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH! MY BILLS! MY BILLS ARE PAST DUE! JOE YOU RAT! YOU WEREN'T ASKING FOR MY VOTE TO GIVE ME MY STIMULUS PAYMENT! YOU WERE LYING TO GET ELECTED TO GIVE YOUR INDUSTRY FRIENDS CUSHY GOVERNMENT JOBS! HOW COULD YOU GIVE YOUR OWN VOTERS THE LYING TRUMP JOE?!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Publicly complaining as much as possible about the money not going out is good imo.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

They don't have to negotiate poo poo! They loving won! They can ram through whatever the gently caress they want, and that's what they promised people they'd do on day loving one!

This would be a great plan if it wasn't for the Filibuster!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Next election is gonna be hilarious.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parrotine posted:

This would be a great plan if it wasn't for the Filibuster!

Who gives a gently caress. They can abolish that poo poo too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao. obama/biden did this same scam in 2009 and everyone just fell for it all over again.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Taintrunner posted:

They don't have to negotiate poo poo! They loving won! They can ram through whatever the gently caress they want, and that's what they promised people they'd do on day loving one!

[preachchoir]This is what they want.[/preachchoir]

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

lmao. obama/biden did this same scam in 2009 and everyone just fell for it all over again.

I wouldn't say that Emma Vigeland fell for anything as much as she is trying to shame and/or pressure Biden into doing popular and leftist things.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

biden can literally 0 out all debt and give us free money today lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AngryBooch posted:

I wouldn't say that Emma Vigeland fell for anything as much as she is trying to shame and/or pressure Biden into doing popular and leftist things.

Biden isn’t listening to anyone except Wall Street and corporate lobbyists. This is explicitly what he said his Presidency would be about since he started his campaign, just like the past 40 years of his political career.

Tweeting is free. “Shame” and “pressure” mean nothing to a warmongering austerity rapist.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoknuTpPOM

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

AngryBooch posted:

Me, and also Joe Biden: who the gently caress is Emma Vigeland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

cenotaph posted:

Me, and also Joe Biden: who the gently caress is Emma Vigeland?

She's got 160k twitter followers, ol' Joe couldn't possibly ignore this pressure