Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Geisladisk posted:

Underworlds warbands being bad in AOS seriously has to be a conscious design decision, I can't think of even a single one that isn't a dumpster fire in AOS.

I keep an eye on the ones I do buy and it sounds like Godsworn Hunt is marginal (mostly due to the caster being separate and having a unique spell), but yeah. It's not even an availability thing because they still sell the warbands minus the UW components as part of the AOS line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Underworlds warbands being bad in AOS seriously has to be a conscious design decision, I can't think of even a single one that isn't a dumpster fire in AOS.

You'd think they'd go the opposite route. "Hey Underpants players, your models are really good in the 'real' tabletop. You're already half way there c'mooon just buy a few more minis"

Rather than trying to convince their AOS players to pick up UW stuff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Geisladisk posted:

The Ironjawz one that's three Brutes is okay. They make a good bodyguard unit, but even then I wouldn't go out of my way to include them but if you find yourself coming up short on points for whatever reason they can do some work.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Soulbound’s Bestiary cover looks cool

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MonsterEnvy posted:

VOME AND HAVE A DRINK WITH ME!

Let me go home Barry it's four in the loving morning.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

JBP posted:

I like the warpriest dude in the bottom right "ARE YOU SEEING THIS poo poo"

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JBP posted:

I FOUND A PUPPY

Barry, please

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

When you ask your dog what they're eating and they start chewing faster

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
Yeah, that giant is just helping that giant lizard that was choking on that Kharadron he clearly just swallowed. Everyone is cheering because the Heimlich the giant put on the lizard worked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should note that the magmadroth in the picture is a new monster called an Ancient Magmadroth that is much bigger then the normal one. It was created because a normal magmadroth would have only gone up to the Mega-Gargants waist and thus the scene would not have looked as cool.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Realmslayer pretty much implied as much either way so it's not exactly pulled out of nowhere.
But I admire the effort of explaining it though.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should note that the magmadroth in the picture is a new monster called an Ancient Magmadroth that is much bigger then the normal one. It was created because a normal magmadroth would have only gone up to the Mega-Gargants waist and thus the scene would not have looked as cool.

:discourse:

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sab669 posted:

You'd think they'd go the opposite route. "Hey Underpants players, your models are really good in the 'real' tabletop. You're already half way there c'mooon just buy a few more minis"

Rather than trying to convince their AOS players to pick up UW stuff.

Gonna be the contrarian on this topic and say making a product for another game a Tier 1 choice in AoS is probably a good way to make sure anyone who wants to play Underworlds will never be able to find a copy because tournament players are snatching them up constantly. Also, its a potential complication for making the rest of the game balanced. Better to err on the side of caution, since as everyone has already observed they are completely fine just substituting for models in existing units.

MonsterEnvy posted:

god i want to play this game

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cooked Auto posted:

Realmslayer pretty much implied as much either way so it's not exactly pulled out of nowhere.
But I admire the effort of explaining it though.

Ah I did not know that. I thought it was new because they said they used it cause a normal one would have been too small.

Also here is the blurb on the Bestiary

quote:

Nightmarish undead horrors drift through sunken cities, twisted daemons stalk blood-soaked lands, and titanic Gargants crush entire villages underfoot. Nowhere is truly safe in the Mortal Realms.

The Mortal Realms are filled with countless terrifying creatures and monstrous beasts. The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulbound Bestiary contains over 150 creatures to use in your Soulbound campaign. This book features some of the most iconic foes from Warhammer Age of Sigmar, from the reality-warping Tzeentchian Lord of Change, to the merciless Knight of Shrouds, to the awe-inspiring Mega-Gargant.

The Soulbound Bestiary is an invaluable tool for any Soulbound Gamemaster and a wealth of lore for fans of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ah I did not know that. I thought it was new because they said they used it cause a normal one would have been too small.

Well the one in Realmslayer isn't exactly an Ancient Magmadroth but even then it is described as being three times as big as a regular one.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Monster Hunter school of naming things.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've got my mortal Khorne start collecting box mostly painted up, so I'm looking at options to expand and... They really don't make it easy to remember what the units are when they're all called Blood_____ or Skull_____ :geno:

There's a goonhammer article that suggests just buying four of the start collecting boxes but... How viable is mixing and matching demons and mortals? Is that a dumb idea?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Blood Blooders and Skull Skullers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

I've got my mortal Khorne start collecting box mostly painted up, so I'm looking at options to expand and... They really don't make it easy to remember what the units are when they're all called Blood_____ or Skull_____ :geno:

There's a goonhammer article that suggests just buying four of the start collecting boxes but... How viable is mixing and matching demons and mortals? Is that a dumb idea?

It can work. It pretty much just means you will split your army in two. You can also use Blood Tithe to summon extra daemon help.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Not dumb, just not as good with synergies and all that.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'll probably just go the boring route and start with all mortals. With a couple extra Slaughterpriests that I have coming in the mail tomorrow, I can field a 920pt army so I can at least play starter 1000pt games. Then I can just slowly add to it until I get to 2000 pts :toot:

Leader [140pts]
- Mighty Lord of Khorne [140pts] (Selections: 0. Hew the Foe, 0. Thronebreaker's Torc, General)

Other [100pts]
- Khorgoraths [100pts]

Battalion: Gore Pilgrims [630pts]
- Selections: Gore Pilgrims [140pts]
- Blood Warriors [100pts]
- Bloodreavers [70pts]
- Bloodsecrator [120pts] (Selections: 1. Banner of Rage)
- Slaughterpriest [100pts] (Selections: 1. Bronzed Flesh, Hackblade & Wrath-hammer)
- Slaughterpriest [100pts] (Selections: 5. Killing Frenzy, Hackblade & Wrath-hammer)

Misc
- Skull Altar [0pts]
- Extra CP [50pts]

Allegiance: Khorne
Selections: The Goretide

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I'll probably just go the boring route and start with all mortals. With a couple extra Slaughterpriests that I have coming in the mail tomorrow, I can field a 920pt army so I can at least play starter 1000pt games. Then I can just slowly add to it until I get to 2000 pts :toot:

Leader [140pts]
- Mighty Lord of Khorne [140pts] (Selections: 0. Hew the Foe, 0. Thronebreaker's Torc, General)

Other [100pts]
- Khorgoraths [100pts]

Battalion: Gore Pilgrims [630pts]
- Selections: Gore Pilgrims [140pts]
- Blood Warriors [100pts]
- Bloodreavers [70pts]
- Bloodsecrator [120pts] (Selections: 1. Banner of Rage)
- Slaughterpriest [100pts] (Selections: 1. Bronzed Flesh, Hackblade & Wrath-hammer)
- Slaughterpriest [100pts] (Selections: 5. Killing Frenzy, Hackblade & Wrath-hammer)

Misc
- Skull Altar [0pts]
- Extra CP [50pts]

Allegiance: Khorne
Selections: The Goretide

If you are doing Goretide why not use Khul?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

MonsterEnvy posted:

If you are doing Goretide why not use Khul?

Good point, I just have to make another leader my General since the general is required to take hew the foe and Khul can't take any command ability other than his own.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Good point, I just have to make another leader my General since the general is required to take hew the foe and Khul can't take any command ability other than his own.

No it just means that you don't get Hew the Foe. Instead you get Khul's Command Ability

quote:

Lord of the Goretide: Khul’s indomitable
will has led his Bloodbound Warhorde to
greatness, and all his warriors are hungry to
please him.
You can use this command ability at the
start of the charge phase. If you do so, pick
a friendly model with this command ability
that is a general. Until the end of that phase,
you can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made
by friendly Goretide units wholly within
16" of that model.

Along with Khul's other two unique powers over a normal Lord of Khorne. His ability to be able to fight and pile with a range of 8" if he is within 8" is also amazing.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 3, 2021

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

If you want to read some nice ebooks in the AoS universe for cheap, Humble Bundle gets you covered for only 1$ for five ebooks.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/get-18-warhammer-ebooks-for-one-low-price-in-the-latest-humble-bundle/
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/multilanguage-tales-warhammer-2021-black-library-books

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Not Sigmar news but Total War Warhammer III will be featuring Cathay along with Kislev and the four chaos god armies.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/watch-kislev-battle-a-bloodthirster-in-the-first-trailer-for-total-war-warhammer-iii/

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
holy poo poo they finally did it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
All I care about is playing the 4 Chaos god armies. I'll put in 10,000 hours solely on that.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Are all those Greater Demons the same models that we use in AoS? Weren't they different in WHFB?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Talas posted:

Are all those Greater Demons the same models that we use in AoS? Weren't they different in WHFB?

It's semi-confirmed they're lifting aspects of AoS' Chaos to flesh out the Fantasy's monogod rosters. Like people have clocked to Rotigus being the LL for Nurgle.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Talas posted:

You can kinda handwave it with daemons because the realm of chaos has a loose concept of time and space. Stuff can happen later in the material realm but happen much earlier in the realm of chaos. Its also why the named daemons also exist in 40k, time and dimensions mean nothing.

40k plays with the idea more with warp travel but the same stuff happens, you travel through the warp and might not pop out until a thousand years later (despite being almost no time at all to you) or even pop out to a time before you even left.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/04/your-first-look-at-warhammer-quest-cursed-citys-skeletal-ulfenwatch/

Cursed city is getting the skeletons that Death players wish they had for their entire army.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/04/your-first-look-at-warhammer-quest-cursed-citys-skeletal-ulfenwatch/

Cursed city is getting the skeletons that Death players wish they had for their entire army.

hot drat, those are good

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-production-update-february/

For those wondering about Seraphon in Soulbound C7 just dropped this in their latest production update:

quote:

Stars and Scales: A PDF supplement exploring the mysterious Seraphon! Includes background information on the Seraphon, new creatures, and six one-page adventures featuring the Seraphon.

They also teased two more supplements:

quote:

Refuges of the Realms: A PDF supplement presenting nine (relatively) safe locations across the Mortal Realms to use in your campaign. Contains items, statblocks, and adventure hooks to support these new locations.

Loyal Companions: A PDF supplement for characters who have or are seeking out a Loyal Companion. Contains expanded information on the companions from the Soulbound corebook, as well as adventure hooks and ways you might meet your new ally.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

Amazing! I'm going to get this for sure, hopefully it will have some good solo rules for the time being.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

those are some good loving skeletons right there

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Glad we are getting more kickass skellies at the sculpt level of the Shadespire gang

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Getting dangerously close to wanting to buy this box just to paint the models. I love painting skellies, and those are really good skellies.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Otherwise there's always ebay sellers if you want just those in particular. I do want the Witch Hunter though and most likely the Lady Stormcast too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Those are really great skellies. Around when is Cursed City coming out? I haven't bought this style of game from GW before but I'm thinking about getting this.