Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQUXoH6g97c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

That poor woman is going to be kicked in the head so hard...

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

THE MOVIE THE MOVIE

Reminds me of the movie for Dekaranger, where they did an alt take of an existing song from the series with the literal lyrics "the movie version".

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
eh nvm

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 3, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I saw the poo poo out of it!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/american-psycho-poster-by-craig-drake-on-sale-info

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

So my question would be, "what's the idea behind this poster?"

Because it seems the ideas behind the poster are "Remember the 80s?" and "Remember the business card scene?"

I'll take the original.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Because it seems the ideas behind the poster are "Remember the 80s?" and "Remember the business card scene?"

I'll take the original.

Remember all of the 80's pop music and club scenes?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'll take the original.

The poster you posted is intended to give the viewer an idea of the movie. The Mondo poster is for people who have seen the movie or Twitter memes from the movie and will get that it's an 80s reference.

Fartington Butts posted:

Remember all of the 80's pop music and club scenes?

None of which included Duran Duran. It literally is just "80's things!". If they wanted to make a reference to the movie itself they would've done a spoof on the cover of Sports, an album actually specifically referenced in the movie.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 5, 2021

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Patrick Nagel didn't just do Duran Duran albums, you know.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Yes of course. And Patrick Bateman would definitely have some framed in his apartment. But Gripweed kinda said what I meant better.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Eh, I think the Nagel aesthetic fits the setting better than the cover of Sports would, even though that's a direct reference to a scene. The business card thing is dumb and I dislike how much it gets trotted out but at least that poster establishes "extremely posh 80s business guy" and the business card brings that in too, even if I am sick of referencing that particular scene. I think it works and contrasts nicely with the title. A handsome rich 80s business guy, is he the psycho? What makes him a psycho? I think it works.

edit seriously if it was a play on the Sports cover I'd see it and think it was Cheers or some poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Fartington Butts posted:

Yes of course. And Patrick Bateman would definitely have some framed in his apartment. But Gripweed kinda said what I meant better.

Kind of like the Sports thing, Bateman does have a painting from a famous 80s artist, Robert Longo, in his apartment. But Robert Longo's work is not an instantly recognizable 80s icon to people nowadays like Nagel's is. So they went with Nagel so more people would "get" the poster. It's 80s stuff!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The line between a decent Nagel knockoff and mid 2000's clip art is very fine but it doesn't manage to fall on the right side of it for me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
american psycho came out in 2000

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've got a Nagel print already and will just stick with that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I liked the idea of Bateman as a Nagel print from the thumbnail, but the full version didn't really do it for me :shrug:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the poster would have looked a lot better without the business card callback.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Would have been better if it was something more manic imo. Something like him wearing a raincoats and holding the axe over his head would look pretty good in that art style.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

american psycho came out in 2000

Thanks for the hot scoop!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Thanks for the hot scoop!

youre welcome

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://screencrush.com/joe-pesci-nj-mansion-pictures/

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

If Joe Pesci could be a couch, that is the couch Joe Pesci would be.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh man Gone Fishing - legit loved that movie.

And he's barely loving in Bronx Tale. :lol:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i feel physically nauseous looking at these pictures

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vintersorg posted:

Oh man Gone Fishing - legit loved that movie.

And he's barely loving in Bronx Tale. :lol:

I like the Backtrack movie poster, the film where he had a uncredited cameo (according to IMDB), and he's added himself to the poster.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The article says the house was sold in 1994, is this even Pesci's decor? Is this the seller really trying to play up that he used to live there 30 years ago?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I’m the CRT on a junk nightstand in this sad office

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zenintrude posted:

I’m the CRT on a junk nightstand in this sad office

Is that Joe Pesci's rap album on top of that shelf?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s his pop cover album from the late 60s, Little Joe Sure Can Sing!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Now I want to see a procedurally generated backrooms game that's just endless rooms in a Joe Pesci mansion with memorabilia everywhere and too-bright lighting.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Baron von Eevl posted:

The article says the house was sold in 1994, is this even Pesci's decor? Is this the seller really trying to play up that he used to live there 30 years ago?

In fairness, one day I plan to own the 'Flight of the Navigator' house in my city, and my choice of decor will not be subtle as to what it was used for.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Cameo posted:

It’s his pop cover album from the late 60s, Little Joe Sure Can Sing!

hes actually a really good singer

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Joe Pesci presents: Joe Pesci's A Joe Pesci Story, starring Joe Pesci, from Joe Pesci Productions

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wanna hang and watch movies with Joe Pesci

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

marshmallow creep posted:

Wanna hang and watch movies with Joe Pesci

Like buying a DVD that doesn't let you turn the commentary track off.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In which someone lowballs Pesci's asking price and when he counters, they tell him to go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case you're wondering about that tagline, the villains in this one are part of a nationalist militia.

Yeah, they're appropriately confused about why they're in this movie.

[trailer voice] Michael B Jordan is a man America fears, for he is black but all bullets will miss him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

[trailer voice] Michael B Jordan is a man America fears, for he is black but all bullets will miss him.

*Movie bombs*

"Some Remorse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Pesci released an album just two years ago featuring Adam Levine from Maroon 5