Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry

Rockman Reserve posted:

can't add it to a basket until the stock is in the system though

Can you add it once and keep it there? Initiate payment in a new tab. Will shave a few seconds off theoretically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I am behind the technology curve and it is awesome. By the time I finally get a console they are plentiful, (relatively) affordable, have (most of) the bugs worked out, and have a good library of games to choose from.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am behind the technology curve and it is awesome. By the time I finally get a console they are plentiful, (relatively) affordable, have (most of) the bugs worked out, and have a good library of games to choose from.

:same:

i hadn't played much of anything in years and started playing a very old version of minecraft on an ancient tablet and it's really loving fun. also got bored one day and bought an old ps3 and started playing x-com: enemy unknown and its very fun

Bobby Deluxe

when i finally get a ps5 im probably still just going to play destiny 2 and maybe a few of the games that i am pretty sure will bake the poo poo out of my current ps4

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yeah tbh like 80% of the reason I’m looking for a 5 is because my PS4 has started tearing really badly during gameplay occasionally, like symptomatic of the gfx chip dying

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Rockman Reserve posted:

yeah tbh like 80% of the reason I’m looking for a 5 is because my PS4 has started tearing really badly during gameplay occasionally, like symptomatic of the gfx chip dying

oh yuck :( Mine is just loud as gently caress when I play some games. Days Gone was the worst offender and I ended up putting it in the other room and running a long HDMI cord to the tv because it was so constant.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Bobby Deluxe

something is wrong with mine because if i install more than one game, it starts giving ce-34878-0 errors, which is just a general 'the data was corrupted' error

could be the memory, unlikely to be the hdd because this is the 3rd one i have tried, could be the hdd controller, could be the processor or mobo

it being on its last legs means when it goes i am more likely to upgrade more as a replacement than anything else

Prof. Crocodile

Bobby Deluxe posted:

something is wrong with mine because if i install more than one game, it starts giving ce-34878-0 errors, which is just a general 'the data was corrupted' error

could be the memory, unlikely to be the hdd because this is the 3rd one i have tried, could be the hdd controller, could be the processor or mobo

it being on its last legs means when it goes i am more likely to upgrade more as a replacement than anything else

When I got ce-34878-0 it was like the canary dying in the coalmine.

First I got it. Then a week later I got it again. Then the next week it was five times, then ten, then every hour or so... the PS4 still *technically* works if you just want to watch netflix or something.

It was the motherboard. :(

Elephant Ambush

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
As long as I can get a ps5 before FF16 drops I will be happy

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
what sony should be doing is release like 3 console units, and flood the black market with the rest at 500% mark up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Finger Prince

My sister sent me this.
https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/crabhouse/id1551908729?l=en
I don't know what it is other than a room full of crabs and Japanese.
I don't have an iOS device so I leave it up to you to try and report back.

Rockman Reserve

Elephant Ambush posted:

As long as I can get a ps5 before FF16 drops I will be happy

yeah even with my ps4 on the fritz i've still got a huge backlog of switch and pc games i can play, as well as books. but i still want one before february is over because i want to play destruction all stars but not nearly badly enough to pay money for it :(

Finger Prince

Welp, I finished cyberpunk. Stuck to my guns story-wise, got that rear end in a top hat Just Johnny out of my head, said no to the Arasaka offer. I really don't think that was the ending the writers expected most people to choose, but I can say it's the best one and I haven't seen the others. Might reload the last save and see what the Arasaka offer entails, or just google it. Pretty done with this game. It was fun, I enjoyed it, but there's nothing compelling enough about it to keep playing. There's probably a zillion levels and powers I didn't unlock, and there's even a skill tree that never unlocked that I have no idea what it is. Cool game, worth a play, that's about it.

Rockman Reserve

i finally managed to order a ps5 but it's getting here like, late next week, possibly the same day i'm finallly getting a piano delivered

i wish my project at work wasn't so critical so i could just go into a winter hibernation coma until then

Heather Papps

hello friend

Rockman Reserve posted:

i finally managed to order a ps5 but it's getting here like, late next week, possibly the same day i'm finallly getting a piano delivered

i wish my project at work wasn't so critical so i could just go into a winter hibernation coma until then

really hope one guy deadlifts the piano but it takes a team to unload the ps5

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

really hope one guy deadlifts the piano but it takes a team to unload the ps5

lol

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
After defeating the pontiff in DS3 I am getting dangerously close to justifying a ps5 on the strength of demon's souls Bloodborne alone

Jolo

RickRogers posted:

After defeating the pontiff in DS3 I am getting dangerously close to justifying a ps5 on the strength of demon's souls Bloodborne alone

me when I first saw pontiff sulyvahn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI5NQ-0Ubfs&t=97s

edit: oh wait, I meant Dancer of the Boreal Valley moves in a cool way

Jolo fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 11, 2021

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Jolo posted:

me when I first saw pontiff sulyvahn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI5NQ-0Ubfs&t=97s

edit: oh wait, I meant Dancer of the Boreal Valley moves in a cool way

:aaaaa:

I have heard about a dancer, but I am stuck on a certain lord of cinder who is gross and has bad table manners.

nut

The Room 4 dropped today :getin:

Finger Prince

Got an error trying to log in to Pokémon Go today, tried logging out and trying again. Welp I have no idea what any of my details are. Username, screen name, password, nothing. I wasn't really paying attention when I made the account. So I guess that game is over now! I'll try from my computer when I get home, hopefully my login is remembered in the browser.
At least I'll always have this.

Jolo

nut posted:

Very funny story, Mark.

Jolo

The Room 4: 1 more
Room 4: Rent

beer pal

nut posted:

hell ya thanks for the heads up love them rooms games

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

sb hermit

Jolo posted:

Room 4: Rent

Bobby Deluxe

Finger Prince posted:

Got an error trying to log in to Pokémon Go today, tried logging out and trying again. Welp I have no idea what any of my details are. Username, screen name, password, nothing. I wasn't really paying attention when I made the account. So I guess that game is over now! I'll try from my computer when I get home, hopefully my login is remembered in the browser.
At least I'll always have this.

check and see if you linked it to your google or facebook accounts

axolotl farmer

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

RickRogers posted:

:aaaaa:

I have heard about a dancer, but I am stuck on a certain lord of cinder who is gross and has bad table manners.

hit him right in the Gwyndolin

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

check and see if you linked it to your google or facebook accounts

Nah, I definitely set up a Pokémon trainer account. I don't like linking poo poo to my other stuff. I tried Google just in case, but no dice.

vanisher

Rockman Reserve posted:

yesterday i almost got a ps5 into an online shopping cart four times, but by the time the CAPTCHA resolved it had sold out again

four

times

PS5's dropping in the Playstation Direct store right now, hop online and you'll get in a queue.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Rockman Reserve

vanisher posted:

PS5's dropping in the Playstation Direct store right now, hop online and you'll get in a queue.

i tried that the last time they put some up (last week I think?) and didn't luck out and get one

but i did manage to order one on tuesday :)

Finger Prince

There is a game on sale in the playstation store right now called "PC Building Simulator".

:psyduck:

Finger Prince

Omg there's a Bee Simulator!

vanisher

dang I sat in the queue for an hour and then didn't get one

Bobby Deluxe

Finger Prince posted:

There is a game on sale in the playstation store right now called "PC Building Simulator".

:psyduck:
gateway drug

vanisher

mods please rename it "video grumps thread"

Rockman Reserve

vanisher posted:

dang I sat in the queue for an hour and then didn't get one

sorry friend

i was using the tracker at tom's guide to find what online stores had stock and finally lucked out with a gamestop bundle earlier this week.....but it seems like the tracker hasn't updated since yesterday which is weird and bad since apparently sony direct had stock today, and previously they had been updating every few hours

Jolo

Instead of a store tracker, I recommend seeking out a ps5 owner tracker. Find someone who has one and then put their ps5 in your house.

Hint 1: Most people are asleep between 2am and 4am.
Hint 2: Double Jeapordy: If you are arrested for stealing a ps5, do your time and don't snitch. When you're released, go back and steal that same ps5 again. The film Double Jeopardy taught the important lesson that a person can't be convicted for the same crime twice. That's why it needs to be the same ps5.
SubHint 1: Double Jeapordy Hint 2: Always make it a true daily double, play to win baybeeee!

Finger Prince

Wow, Control is really good so far! I feel I probably shouldn't be shooting all the floating office workers, but in my defense, they shouldn't be so drat creepy!

Joey McChrist

i got resident evil 7 and its spooky af. i don't think this cannibal family is on the level you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

Joey McChrist posted:

i got resident evil 7 and its spooky af. i don't think this cannibal family is on the level you guys

My first playthrough of that game really got to me. I was anxious and sweaty while playing because you feel so defenseless early on. It's a great game!