Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

McCloud posted:

I'm sure there were. Just as there were MCU fans that harassed the girl that played Tony Starks daughter or celebrated dropping nukes on japan because Disney almost lost Spider-man or liked BP because they thought it was a pro-trump movie. Drawing a comparison between outliers and a group as a whole is incredibly disingenuous.

Turns out that the internet really does make people stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Davros1 posted:

** Why does my computer continually suggest "Captaincies" when I start to type "Capt"? I have never used the word "Captaincies" before. Be helpful, auto-fill!

It's trying to enrich your vocabulary.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lurdiak posted:

It's trying to enrich your vocabulary.

I just wish my spell check knew what word I trying to spell when I misspell it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Sorry to bring this up, and I understand that there is some bleedover between movies and tv shows and whatnot but could the WandaVision chat go to the tv thread. Just in general there is a TV thread and a movie thread and it's a bit annoying seeing black spoiler boxes for a tv show here. Thanks for reading my annoying whiny post about forums and have a good day

Yeah, I'd rather read the same loving snyder chat over and over again every three weeks. Wandavision and many of the D+ shows are tied into the MCU and belong here. If anything, please make a Syderverse thread so this poo poo can be quarantined.

\/\/\/\/I meant in here so it doesn't keep filling this thread. We've had about 400 posts in the last 24 hours just shouting in circles.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 5, 2021

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I'd rather read the same loving snyder chat over and over again every three weeks. Wandavision and many of the D+ shows are tied into the MCU and belong here. If anything, please make a Syderverse thread so this poo poo can be quarantined.

There is one they just like to bring the fun here every once in a while.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Holy poo poo, we're pretending there was no discernible connection between Captain Marvel backlash and Snyder Bros now? What's next Trump supporters and Qanon are totally different?

Guess I'll check back in whenever Black Widow finally comes out.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1357815068549910535

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Holy poo poo, we're pretending there was no discernible connection between Captain Marvel backlash and Snyder Bros now?

Why would there be?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What if they bring in Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, The Living Mummy, Werewolf By Night, and end up doing a Dark Universe when Universal failed?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I still love thinking about Mahershala calling up Feige and just being like you're gonna make a Blade movie and I'm gonna star in it, and Feige was just like yeah okay because how are you gonna tell that guy no

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well they did talk to Snipes first about coming back and couldn't reach a deal.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Must have been an eye opening conversation.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

David D. Davidson posted:

No shut up don't ruin this for me

site fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 5, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Phylodox posted:

:drat:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

:eyepop:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Phylodox posted:

:golfclap:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fangz posted:

I was not prepared for the "actually, the point of 300 is that it's dumb to resist the Persians!!!" take.

Mods doing a good job of cutting down the snide remarks in this thread, thanks guys

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 6, 2021

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lol I think this is the first time I've seen that the title right now is "Blade, the Vampire Slayer" and it just makes me laugh

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AngryBooch posted:

lol I think this is the first time I've seen that the title right now is "Blade, the Vampire Slayer" and it just makes me laugh

Yeah, I kinda don't know what to do with that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bluffy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol.

It should just be called Daywalker

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Blade v. Motherfuckers Trying To Ice Skate Uphill

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I was saying Boo-lade

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The last two seasons of Buffy would be infinitely better if they just replaced her with Blade after she died.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going back a few pages but I haven't slept much and I can't help myself.

STAC Goat posted:

Batman is the heavy, Superman is the hero.

"Criminals are a bunch of superstitious and cowardly babies! HAHAHA! IT IS FUNNY HOW TINY THEY ARE! Laugh with me, Scout Wonder!"

Jamesman posted:

...What?

None of this makes sense and I think I hate it.

Edit: To be clear, I'm pre-judging this based on never seeing the show and it not even being fully released yet. It's just an initial response to limited information.

There's a LOT going on in WandaVision, but I'll try to give you enough context to explain what the hell is going on with this:

Ever seen that Justice League cartoon episode "Legends" with the Justice Guild where a mutated kid with crazy mind powers forcefully turns a city into a perpetual 1950's comic book? It's basically that, but it's a suburban town in New Jersey that's taken the form of an ever-evolving sitcom reality (each episode is a different decade). We don't 100% know if Wanda caused this herself or if she's being manipulated, but she's absolutely all-in on it and complicit enough to be considered a villain. Episodes usually take the form of tropey sitcom plots with the occasional crack in reality. Maybe it's the government trying to break in. Maybe it's one of the "neighbors" trying to break free. Maybe it's Vision having a moment of "wait, what?" Other than those interruptions, it's a paradise for Wanda and she will gently caress you up if you try and take it from her. Meanwhile, the government folks monitoring the situation can literally see these sitcom episodes via TV signals.

After she gives birth to twins, Wanda has a moment of bending character when she tells someone about how she is a twin and had a brother named Pietro, all while returning her Sokovian accent. Probing the topic further does not go so well for the other character, as it starts to break the fantasy. In a later episode, her kids, now older (long story) ask about her brother. Wanda stays more in character and is more vague about Pietro, saying that he's "far away" and that thinking about him makes her sad from time to time. The same episode establishes that while Wanda can potentially bring the dead back to life, she is incredibly reluctant.

In the final moments of the episode, during an incredibly tense moment, the doorbell rings. Wanda sees X-Men Quicksilver at the door, who gets a sitcom hoot-and-holler reaction from the audience and a personality similar to Uncle Jesse from Full House. He's all happy to see his long-lost sister. Watching this on TV, Darcy from the Thor movies wonders if Wanda actually recast her own brother. Wanda's reaction is shock and confusion, like she realizes something isn't right, but she embraces her "brother" regardless. Then Quicksilver makes a one-liner about Vision and the show ends.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

site posted:

I want to see a show with Fury and Maria contemporaneously starting up shield and sword, both knowing what they know from CM1, with everyone thinking they're completely batshit, and the whole thing is being overseen by hydra

Im starting to get annoyed at all these massive international bureaucracies being started up by one person like their mom and pop shops. Thats not how national security agencies work!!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maria Rambeau out on the sidewalk with a makeshift plywood stand and a handpainted sign "sentient artifact investigation, 10¢"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Shageletic posted:

Im starting to get annoyed at all these massive international bureaucracies being started up by one person like their mom and pop shops. Thats not how national security agencies work!!!

I mean it was established way back in avengers that SHIELD was UN backed and also under the purview of the fictional world security council, it's not like Fury literally just built it himself. I just meant as director shaping it into what it was by IM1

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, but it's easier to go all pater familias when it's a sprawling international agency so you can explain how 10 armored subterranean drilltrain warships operate without respect to national treaties, accountability, or financial oversight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah, but it's easier to go all pater familias when it's a sprawling international agency so you can explain how 10 armored subterranean drilltrain warships operate without respect to national treaties, accountability, or financial oversight.

Worked for the cia for most of its lifespan

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So Wandavision direct talk - like endless spoiler boxes and direct recaps/reactions of the current episode - probably need to go in the TV thread. That said, I think discussion of how Wandavision might connect to/influence the wider MCU can belong here. MCU TV is in a weird spot in that it both does and doesn't belong here. So yeah, TVIV-like reactions should go in the TV thread but wider MCU posting - including Wandavision - can go here, imo.

As for Snydertalk, let's just put a moratorium on Snydertalk until there is any new news. There is bad faith posting all over and it's just become really annoying.

As for Blade, I would like to restate my support for the stunt-casting of Keanu Reeves as Dracula.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

Is there more info about this anywhere? I would love to read more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only coda to Wesley Snipes' run as Blade I need is his cameo in What We Do In The Shadows.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

As for Blade, I would like to restate my support for the stunt-casting of Keanu Reeves as Dracula.

I don't hate this, but it does step on my fantasy casting of Ethan Hawke as Dracula in the Moon Knight show, so in the grand tradition of the thread I will now yell at you for 3 pages.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

theironjef posted:

I don't hate this, but it does step on my fantasy casting of Ethan Hawke as Dracula in the Moon Knight show, so in the grand tradition of the thread I will now yell at you for 3 pages.

Is Oscar Isaac's gonna beat up Ethan Hawk for his ten dollars?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arist posted:

The only coda to Wesley Snipes' run as Blade I need is his cameo in What We Do In The Shadows.

I just love how everyone else dressed up as the characters they played in their vampire movies while Wesley Snipes could barely make his skype connection work.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
It would have been cool to get a Shang-Chi spot during the Super Bowl, but OTOH Marvel apparently hasn't used the slot to debut first footage of a film since 2011, and I don't think we're going to get any significant marketing at all until it has a release date they're actually confident in, which is not going to happen until they decide whether or not to delay Black Widow yet again.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The new trailer for Falcon and Winter Soldier didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but it showed off some more of the dynamic between Sam and Bucky and it looks like it's gonna be pretty fun watching them bicker like an old married couple.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Did we know anything from the first trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The first trailer didn't go much into plot stuff. A lot of it was the stuff about the weight of Falcon being given the shield by Cap