Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Desperado Bones posted:

Let's not forget that Ryan Reynolds has been dying to have a Wolverine in his Deadpool movies. I think the man would lose it is Disney manages to make it happen.

Ryan Reynolds as a UPS/FedEx guy in a cameo in WandaVision would rule. Hugh Jackman as a salesman. Patrick Stewart as the principal of the boy's school (with them as the only students), or better, a toned down live action version of Avery Bullock as Vision's new boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Prediction.

Monica looked visibly disgusted/agitated when Captain Marvel was brought up. Not sure if Disney has the balls for it, but I think Carol had a trist with her mother Maria. It was already slyly hinted Maria and Carol were probably more than friends, but really shied away from it in the movie. But as a result of the endemic gamma radiation coursing through Carol's body, Maria probably thinks Carol caused her mom's cancer from all the exposure and doesn't want to talk about it. Worse yet that she ended up blipped and missed her mom's final days. Similar setup to how Peter Quill's mom got cancer. Mind you, there were about 20+ years for this to develop, and presumably Maria was a pioneer with setting up SWORD in space. Then again, I'd expect Disney to pussy out on this idea and make it more like, "if Carol hadn't shown her space she never would have stayed up there so much and got sick." The former would be way more interesting though.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That sounds "interesting" in the same way "Peter's sperm gave MJ cancer" was "interesting".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Edmund Lava posted:

Can’t see Jackman reprising his role for anything less than obscene can’t say no money.
I mean, Disney.

tsob posted:

I wonder does that mean they'd bring Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter and Jon Bernthal back for Defenders stuff?
Charlie Cox is going to appear as Matt Murdock in the next Spider-Man, and Feige said at some point that the main two people he'd want back from Netflix are D'Onofrio and Bernthal. Honestly if one single actor survived the Netflix purge I'd want it to be D'Onofrio. I know Kingpin's not an Avengers level threat, but he could easily be a villain team-up or a recurring puppetmaster character for the individual hero movies. He just IS Kingpin.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

sticklefifer posted:

I mean, Disney.

Is there a single character that they definitely don't have access to, at this point? They seem to have just gone balls-in on reclaiming everything they loving want. Feige even said Namor could potentially show up. Who's left that is off the table? Maybe expanded Spider-Man characters, like Venom?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

XboxPants posted:

Is there a single character that they definitely don't have access to, at this point? They seem to have just gone balls-in on reclaiming everything they loving want. Feige even said Namor could potentially show up. Who's left that is off the table? Maybe expanded Spider-Man characters, like Venom?

The Spider-Man stuff is still owned by Sony, that's about it. Technically they can't release a Hulk movie without Paramount as well but that seems to be a moot point now.

I imagine after the current Spider-Man contract runs out that Disney will just straight up buy the rights back to have everything in house again. Or maybe do a trade for a former Fox property, which I could see Sony being a lot more interested in.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

lomzus posted:

Patrick Stewart has already said that Feige asked him about coming back and he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1353742106314080260

Sometimes actors lie about roles with the MCU. While I don’t think he is, it’s always possible.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Spacebump posted:

Sometimes actors lie about roles with the MCU. While I don’t think he is, it’s always possible.

Yeah, this seems to be a trend, to the point that I think it's in their contracts. Both Hailee Steinfeld and Tatiana Maslany explicitly claimed the opposite of reality when it came to that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, this seems to be a trend, to the point that I think it's in their contracts. Both Hailee Steinfeld and Tatiana Maslany explicitly claimed the opposite of reality when it came to that.

I am more or less ambivalent to marvel productions but I am genuinely looking forward to a Tatiana Maslany vehicle where she gets to play a big green lawyer

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The World Inferno posted:

The tone is too stylized to really sync with the Marvel Universe, but it'd be neat to see some of Legion show up as well. Make Jermaine Clement part of the MCU #hashtag
Hopefully he'll show up in the new Thor movie

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

XboxPants posted:

Surprisingly we are gonna have a Vulture cameo in the Morbius movie. So they are already establishing that all these other characters are part of the MCU universe (or maybe another universe similar to MCU). I'm just laughing my rear end at knowing that Venom is part of it. All I have is wondering if Sony is allowed to use Thanos' snap in their movies.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

Surprisingly we are gonna have a Vulture cameo in the Morbius movie. So they are already establishing that all these other characters are part of the MCU universe (or maybe another universe similar to MCU). I'm just laughing my rear end at knowing that Venom is part of it. All I have is wondering if Sony is allowed to use Thanos' snap in their movies.

Disney is just subsidizing Sony at this point it feels like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ryan Reynolds as a UPS/FedEx guy in a cameo in WandaVision would rule.

He should be the next door neighbor Wilson, giving Vision friendly advice while we can only see the top half of his red and black mask over the fence.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Djarum posted:

I imagine after the current Spider-Man contract runs out that Disney will just straight up buy the rights back to have everything in house again. Or maybe do a trade for a former Fox property, which I could see Sony being a lot more interested in.

It's worth noting that Sony's Spider-Man movie rights deal doesn't run out, it's in perpetuity so long as Sony release a new Spider-Man movie every 5.75 years.

Imo the only way Disney is getting them back is if Sony is somehow in severe financial trouble. The Spidey rights are an amazing card for Sony to hold and gives them a bunch of leverage over Disney. They'll probably never give them up willingly.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Into the Spiderverse and the exclusive PlayStation rights are profitable enough for Sony that I can’t see them giving that up. He’ll even the bad Spider-Man movies made a shitload of money.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deadpool shows up on Wandavision and just starts hamming it up with corny sitcom acting. At some point it's revealed he's not actually effected by the mind control that's effecting everyone else he just figured "Eh, when in rome!" And went along with it for shits and giggles.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Desperado Bones posted:

what I've inferred - this is just speculation, but it seems like the most plausible scenario to me - is that, per the compromise Disney/Sony reached after their 2019 dispute, Sony is allowed to use the MCU versions of Spider-Man characters in their own Marvel movies, but (presumably) not to use or reference any other MCU characters or events. So Morbius et al. are MCU-adjacent, but not really in the MCU proper.

anyway, without getting into spoiler stuff about why, I do not believe that Evan Peters' character is the "real" Singerverse Pietro. there could well be actual multiverse stuff in the remaining episodes, but this isn't it

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 6, 2021

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
pretty sure I read Fassbender and Mckellen were approached for this showed as well. it's becoming more and more clear Marvel sees an opportunity in the multiverse superfranchise

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Edmund Lava posted:

Into the Spiderverse and the exclusive PlayStation rights are profitable enough for Sony that I can’t see them giving that up. He’ll even the bad Spider-Man movies made a shitload of money.

The exclusive Playstation rights is a separate contract and I wouldn't be surprised if it is what keeps Spider-Man in the MCU. Especially now that the studio that makes the games is a first party studio.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

It’s been seemingly forever since Legion ended and I still can’t get this goddamn song out of my head.

Curse you, Noah Hawley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q6YJ-r5SQs

The best part about that is its literally like a 3 second clip of the song and its been stuck in the collective mind of the Legion thread even to this day.

Mooseontheloose posted:

That and there were so few family sitcoms from the mid 90s to like the mid 2000s.

And these those running started in the late 80s.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I don't see how this ends without Wanda dead, incarcerated, lobotomized, or with her just hitting a giant "everyone just forget everything I did" reset button. She's delved into "Magneto threatening to EMP the entire planet" bad guy territory.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Rewatching. Not going to go looking for it but whoever posted that this part was super unsettling was SPOT on:

Agnes abruptly breaking her cheery character to worriedly ask if Wanda wants her to take it from the top

That made me so uncomfortable. Like much more so than anything else we’ve seen in this show, and I can’t put my finger on why.

Yeah. It hit much more than even Asif Ali's breakdown because, I think, it was more awkward? Like we expect people to vaccilate between mind control and being aware of it. But someone acting a certain way, then completely breaking the other way, while showing a weird mix of concern and worry, like they're loving up their acting? Then Wanda is confused (maybe) and Vision absolutely confused, and smiling as a reflex?

That's high tier, primo, grade A awkwardness that in some configurations ppl like you and me can encounter. Like a bad dream where you're supposed to know a script that people expect to know, and you're completely blanking. gently caress, it is nightmarish.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

^^ I keep thinking they are entertaining someone or something, but it's not Wanda. And the town's children are leverage. The for the children talent show takes a very dark turn if you think about it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't see how this ends without Wanda dead, incarcerated, lobotomized, or with her just hitting a giant "everyone just forget everything I did" reset button. She's delved into "Magneto threatening to EMP the entire planet" bad guy territory.

just in case, half of it has been announced, half is mere speculation:
She's gonna be in the new Dr. Strange movie, I think they haven't revealed what her role is gonna be there. Everything is pointing out to bad. I wouldn't be surprised if she's breaking down reality and opening holes through the multi-verse and Strange has to go after her and stop it all before reality as we know it collapses. Some big bad guy is probably behind it all, after all.Who knows! What I wanna know is if all the shows are gonna be connected somehow or not.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 6, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What if the big cameo is Cumberbatch, but not as Strange? He plays more than one role in the MCU, remember?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaz-L posted:

What if the big cameo is Cumberbatch, but not as Strange? He plays more than one role in the MCU, remember?

Clearly it'll be Smaug

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Children appear in the commercials, I don't know if that's supposed to mean anything though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shageletic posted:

Yeah. It hit much more than even Asif Ali's breakdown because, I think, it was more awkward? Like we expect people to vaccilate between mind control and being aware of it. But someone acting a certain way, then completely breaking the other way, while showing a weird mix of concern and worry, like they're loving up their acting? Then Wanda is confused (maybe) and Vision absolutely confused, and smiling as a reflex?

That's high tier, primo, grade A awkwardness that in some configurations ppl like you and me can encounter. Like a bad dream where you're supposed to know a script that people expect to know, and you're completely blanking. gently caress, it is nightmarish.

That was another scene that felt like it could be in a David Lynch movie. It just felt so wrong.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Children appear in the commercials, I don't know if that's supposed to mean anything though.

Yeah, Vision's lines in the last episode gives a very sinister tone to everything. :shrug: So who knows where the children came from, or how they appeared.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The problem with time travel in Endgame is now I'm just wondering why they didn't go back in time to get Vision. The technology still exists.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Spacebump posted:

The problem with time travel in Endgame is now I'm just wondering why they didn't go back in time to get Vision. The technology still exists.

Because they’d be leaving behind a timeline with no Vision. Screwing up that alt timeline.

Or something.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Because they’d be leaving behind a timeline with no Vision. Screwing up that alt timeline.

Or something.

In the words of Doctor Who, (a probably wrong applied quote):

So, don't think too much about it. Time travel stuff gets really complicated if you try to find any logic in it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Azhais posted:

Clearly it'll be Smaug

Jokes aside, the only thing stopping Dormammu was Strange threatening to cast a spell with the Time Stone to lock him in a Groundhog Day loop. Guess what Strange doesn't have anymore?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Edmund Lava posted:

Stewart might do it if Ian McKellan was on board to send of his version of Magneto. It was one thing they wanted for Logan but couldn’t work into the story.

Can’t see Jackman reprising his role for anything less than obscene can’t say no money.

He might do a cameo as in X:Men: First Class. But I think he's pretty much done with the character and superhero/action movies in general.

I don't know about Jennifer Lawrence. She seems to take on action blockbuster stuff so she can afford to do her indie/prestige stuff.

Gaz-L posted:

Jokes aside, the only thing stopping Dormammu was Strange threatening to cast a spell with the Time Stone to lock him in a Groundhog Day loop. Guess what Strange doesn't have anymore?

Well, that and Dormammu agreed to the deal. Maybe I'm pulling in a bit from Helblazer, but generally when an occult entity makes a bargain, they keep it - at least to the letter of the agreement. I think they either can't break a deal or breaking a deal really fucks them over badly.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 6, 2021

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaz-L posted:

Suppose it depends on how "honorable" Dormammu is. Strange already did the groundhog thing to get a promise, and none of that should have been messed up with the endgame time shenanigans

That said there could be a multiverse version that shows up. Surprise Mads appearance incoming

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mads was some random evil wizard. Dormammu was Cumberbatch pulling double duty, like he did playing Sauron and Smaug

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd hope they'd offer Lawrence a better part than Mystique.

*imagines her as Emma Frost, instantly arrested by the Horny Police*

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Jennifer Lawrence seemed like she was increasingly done with Mystique with each successive X-Men movie, I don't think she'd be super interested. Also I could see Mystique in particular as a character that they'd want to start fresh with, there's a lot of background characterization with that version of her that might be too much to incorporate into the MCU.

Fassbender or McAvoy would both be great, and probably plausible in terms of star power (for eventual movies, I doubt we'd see either on Wandavision).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

enki42 posted:

Jennifer Lawrence seemed like she was increasingly done with Mystique with each successive X-Men movie, I don't think she'd be super interested. Also I could see Mystique in particular as a character that they'd want to start fresh with, there's a lot of background characterization with that version of her that might be too much to incorporate into the MCU.

Fassbender or McAvoy would both be great, and probably plausible in terms of star power (for eventual movies, I doubt we'd see either on Wandavision).

From the commentaries of the later prequel X-Men films, it seemed like her main problem was the makeup but found everything else fun.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jennifer Lawrence blew as Mystique. The first Mystique was better. Yeah she doesn't make it to Marvel if i had the choice.

Primo draft picks: Deadpool, Collosus (from Deadpool), Juggernaught from Deadpool....

lol just make Quicksilver and the cast of Deadpool Marvel and call it a day.

e: liked Havoc from First Class too bring him back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Jennifer Lawrence blew as Mystique. The first Mystique was better. Yeah she doesn't make it to Marvel if i had the choice.

Primo draft picks: Deadpool, Collosus (from Deadpool), Juggernaught from Deadpool....

lol just make Quicksilver and the cast of Deadpool Marvel and call it a day.

e: liked Havoc from First Class too bring him back

I do kinda see Wanda 'drafting' some A+ "leave me the gently caress alone" talent, but she kinda seems to have that covered all on her lonesome.

Also, Vision has the Mind Stone visibly back and seems to still have his powers - at least within the confines of her augmented reality. If Wanda can will the stones back (even if only inside her pocket universe) into being just to feed her delusions...she's beyond Omega level. And I really hate myself for saying that because the 'Omega-level' poo poo is one of the worst things about modern Marvel canon.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 6, 2021