Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

even better is that the minimum wage hike (over the next 7 years) will be taken out of the final bill because democrats are too afraid that Manchin can't sell "We're going to make sure you get paid more" in one of the most impoverished states in the country.

he literally said paying people would destroy West Virginia lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Complications posted:

It's amazing that Trump plus a Republican Senate got us 1800 + 600 in unemployment supplement, and the D's with control of Congress and the presidency are negotiating down from 1400/400. I just have to laugh.
dems are better republicans than republicans

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trump was also the one that brought $2000 checks into play in the first place, lmao.

President Manchin is a dumbfuck and bringing the whole party down because he wants the worst for West Virginia, lmao.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

these people are in crisis and finally ready to receive the one true religion.

Fascism?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Too late

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

:911:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

If you lift West Virginians out of poverty, what of note will they have left other than Joe Manchin?

How loving hard can it be to sell "were gonna take some money from the coastal elites that they don't deserve anyways and give it to you"? If only they'd fuckin dare.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

euphronius posted:

lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Trump was also the one that brought $2000 checks into play in the first place, lmao.

President Manchin is a dumbfuck and bringing the whole party down because he wants the worst for West Virginia, lmao.

but if you ever suggest ousting him boy do liberals throw a shitfit

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

Akshually, Joe Manchin is a miracle worker because he's a Democrat in a seat that was previously held by a Democrat. And by a Democrat before that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

you have to support joe manchin because better things arent possible

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Delta-Wye posted:

How loving hard can it be to sell "were gonna take some money from the coastal elites that they don't deserve anyways and give it to you"? If only they'd fuckin dare.

Unless it's explicitly "whites only" I think a lot of chuds would rather die

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Delta-Wye posted:

everytime i think about how they are means testing what crumbs we may get in the future based on your 2019 taxes i laugh heartedly.

~*~the democrats~*~

I read a post on twitter with someone saying that their wife got a payout for sexual assault and now they're not eligible for the $breadcrumbs because the government treats the payout as income.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

no

I mean the dems in the house did pass an enourmous bailout for people last May

there was lots of stuff in it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

no

I mean the dems in the house did pass an enourmous bailout for people last May

there was lots of stuff in it

they passed a good bailout because they knew it wouldn't become law

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

they passed a good bailout because they knew it wouldn't become law

maybe idk

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Fuckin Democrats man

The last time they had the majority and the Presidency they passed the most bullshit milquetoast health legislation they could.

Like compare and contrast the Congress that resulted from the 2002 elections and just how severely they passed an agenda based on hate and fear.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are actual leftists in the dem caucus it’s hard for me to come to general motive conclusions like that

I mean if you mean pelosi let the vote even happen because she knew it would fail then that’s way more probably

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

there are actual leftists in the dem caucus it’s hard for me to come to general motive conclusions like that

I mean if you mean pelosi let the vote even happen because she knew it would fail then that’s way more probably

yeah that's what i mean

nothing gets voted on without pelosi's say so that's how congress works

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I read a post on twitter with someone saying that their wife got a payout for sexual assault and now they're not eligible for the $breadcrumbs because the government treats the payout as income.

quick, dm them some boogaloo propaganda

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lol it's literally what they do every time they don't really have power
they'll say they want good thing but then as soon as they're in the position to deliver good thing, well actually good thing was never on the table and they need to be strategic otherwise the badmen will take power again!
Kamala Harris loving cosigned M4A when she knew the bill was DOA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

lol it's literally what they do every time they don't really have power
they'll say they want good thing but then as soon as they're in the position to deliver good thing, well actually good thing was never on the table and they need to be strategic otherwise the badmen will take power again!
Kamala Harris loving cosigned M4A when she knew the bill was DOA

I posted a nuance after that

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah but it still seems like you're saying "Not all democrats.." as if 5 or 6 good ones somehow make the institution they're part of not poo poo. Hopefully those leftists wind up reforming or splintering the party instead of getting subverted by the machine but it's also not like we have a 20 year time table for that anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no we are hosed lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm also talking about the party's institutional goals like we might be in agreement here just talking past each other
edit: ah good to know yeah we're on the same page

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

euphronius posted:

there are actual leftists in the dem caucus

Yeah I used to think that too.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

there's no "idk" about it, it's their favorite tactic
just look at any state where they lose power, suddenly you have single payer bills passing comfortably, minimum wage hikes, all those magic money trees growing overnight
and then the voters get them back into power and the first thing dems do is take out their axes and cut down the trees

edit: if by actual leftist you're talking about aoc, she's spending her time killing any hope for m4a in the middle of a pandemic lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah it's totally AOC that's killing any hope of M4A not Pelosi, Biden, Harris and the senate all saying they will fight the policy to the death

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it's cool if you have problems with AOC or Bernie, there's a lot of lovely things they support and times they've played ball when they shouldn't have but "they aren't forcing a vote on DOA legislation!" is the battlecry of a mark

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah it's totally AOC that's killing any hope of M4A not Pelosi, Biden, Harris and the senate all saying they will fight the policy to the death

then it's AOC's job to fight to the loving death, not roll over like a dog for geriatric austerity fetishists and become an accessory to the countless deaths every year from our miserable healthcare system

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

Coolness Averted posted:

it's cool if you have problems with AOC or Bernie, there's a lot of lovely things they support and times they've played ball when they shouldn't have but "they aren't forcing a vote on DOA legislation!" is the battlecry of a mark

source ure succ

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

Nah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolness Averted posted:

dumbass

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

All cops are NOT bastards, I know a few good ones, and furthermore

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lol you're going to die on the toilet from a heart attack in your 40's screaming about libs like some kinda horseshoe version of brietbart

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolness Averted posted:

lol you're going to die on the toilet from a heart attack in your 40's screaming about libs like some kinda horseshoe version of brietbart

except I would be right, unlike you, you loving intellectual embarrassment.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Taintrunner posted:

except I would be right, unlike you, you loving intellectual embarrassment.

Can't we just enjoy a tasty not-bitter presidential pilsner together?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it's inoffensive!
a flavorless american rice pilsner is totally the biden of beers, especially if it's from a brewery that's been consistently poo poo for decades

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd be thrilled to be wrong about the dems. it would be much better if i was mistaken all along and they weren't completely worthless amoral lackeys for billionaire donors. being right about this provides no actual benefits or options for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Coolness Averted posted:

no surprise that you're into someone averting cool things