Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/UKRaveComments/status/1352676472008421379?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also Corbyn got suspended from the Labour party but Blair is still in there despite the fact he literally told people not to vote for Labour

Also the war crimes

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
blair was sighs dreamily so electable though

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jose posted:

Obama was so horny for military intervention in Syria that after Cameron lost the parliament vote on it it permanently ruined his relationship with cameron

your av/title is an abomination

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
my new fave is when someone says "the EU must end/reverse this decision" when it all stems entirely from Britain's decision. We will literally just demand into empty air that another country must bend over backwards to accommodate our worldview.

This country is going to poison itself by huffing its own poo poo until we align with the 2024 trump administration into some kind of new Axis power.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

He's saying Bringo is done, because Biffum ant comsat to Gurp.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Anyone remember that England first got fabulously rich by selling wool to the continent?

Anyone??

Ah, well... I'm sure it'll work out for everyone but the Irish in the end.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

forriners itt keep making references to fake history that isnt us winning ww2 and i ate it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

kicks forts posted:

This country is going to poison itself by huffing its own poo poo until we align with the 2024 trump administration into some kind of new Axis power.

We were actively doing that until trump lost. The Tories wouldn't even say that counting votes was good or that storming the Capitol was bad until it was clear that it hadn't worked.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anyone remember that England first got fabulously rich by selling wool to the continent?

Anyone??

Ah, well... I'm sure it'll work out for everyone but the Irish in the end.

Where were you when you first laughed about the Speaker of the House of Lords' Woolsack.

gonadic io posted:

We were actively doing that until trump lost. The Tories wouldn't even say that counting votes was good or that storming the Capitol was bad until it was clear that it hadn't worked.

And social media didn't start a Q purge until it was clear Trump was out.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I actually forgot JC isn't in labour anymore. it's pretty wild when u stop to think about it

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Communist Thoughts posted:

forriners itt keep making references to fake history that isnt us winning ww2 and i ate it

Pam Minster Winsson Urkel hav says to fight them on the bitcheth.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

I actually forgot JC isn't in labour anymore. it's pretty wild when u stop to think about it

Didn't they reinstate him?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bedshaped posted:

Nah he got reinstated, though he did have the whip removed for, supposedly, 3 months (starting November so, uh, until next week I guess)

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
im just going to write CORBNY in sharpie over my next ballot

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
his wikipedia page still lists him as independent. does that have something to do with the whip?

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
how many people would have to join LibDems to bruteforce their leadership elections.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Bedshaped posted:

his wikipedia page still lists him as independent. does that have something to do with the whip?

yes, see the note:

Wikipedia posted:

Membership suspended: 29 October 2020 – 17 November 2020
Whip suspended since 29 October 2020

Also I guess it's until the 17th, though who knows if Starmer will keep his word (lmbo).

It's still pretty wild.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Grape posted:

He's saying Bringo is done, because Biffum ant comsat to Gurp.

loving epic, 10/10 laughs

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-davis-downside-dossier/

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

kicks forts posted:

how many people would have to join LibDems to bruteforce their leadership elections.

the Lib Dem name has negative value, a new party would be better

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Has the UK collapsed yet or what

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the only hope for the british left is a new party but its trivially easy to divide and conquer the left endlessly and half of british society is dedicated to preventing a new party happening

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ro5s posted:

the Lib Dem name has negative value, a new party would be better

nah it’s like a nigerian 419 scam, if you’re idiot enough to support them now you’ll support them even when they betray their voters (again)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
remember when the government put out a congratulations for winning the presidency tweet to biden and you could still see the trump version in the image

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

kicks forts posted:

Probably not many, but their leader needs to be one of the 11 lib dem MPs and they are all terrible.

Remember when they had a leader who attacked Blair's Labour from the left and they had 60 MPs? lol

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

kicks forts posted:

my new fave is when someone says "the EU must end/reverse this decision" when it all stems entirely from Britain's decision. We will literally just demand into empty air that another country must bend over backwards to accommodate our worldview.

My favourite variation on this is "the EU is exploiting Brexit to put the interests of its members ahead of Britain".

You mean the thing a loving union is explicitly established for?

These muppets seem to think trade deals are something that are settled in an afternoon, over brandy with a gentleman's agreement and a firm handshake, and not bitter years-long negotiations where both parties try to screw each other over the tiniest pettiest details. The UK is now a trade rival to the EU. It's absolutely its duty to exploit Brexit in each and every area that benefits its member states.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1359424113413140481?s=20

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

10000 Sex Arses posted:

My favourite variation on this is "the EU is exploiting Brexit to put the interests of its members ahead of Britain".

You mean the thing a loving union is explicitly established for?

These muppets seem to think trade deals are something that are settled in an afternoon, over brandy with a gentleman's agreement and a firm handshake, and not bitter years-long negotiations where both parties try to screw each other over the tiniest pettiest details. The UK is now a trade rival to the EU. It's absolutely its duty to exploit Brexit in each and every area that benefits its member states.

It's funny to me that these people who love capitalism so much, have enthusiastically created a new way for capitalism to destroy them.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Was the UK a net food importer?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Biplane posted:

It's funny to me that these people who love capitalism so much, have enthusiastically created a new way for capitalism to destroy them.

a big slice of that group thinks they will make tons of money off of the post brexit chaos (I'm reminded of the recent tweet calling this the time for "buccaneers") and they are right.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

human garbage bag posted:

Was the UK a net food importer?

bigtime. and half of consumed food was imported

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...ood-groups-2019

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

bedpan posted:

a big slice of that group thinks they will make tons of money off of the post brexit chaos (I'm reminded of the recent tweet calling this the time for "buccaneers") and they are right.

a tweet by a senior government minister, no less

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Are they going to start issuing letters of marque?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I'm in Northern Ireland and the supermarkets that run supply lines through Britain are really getting hammered. I was in Tesco earlier; the fresh produce section was spread really thin. Areas that previously held 6-7 different varieties of veg are now just stocked with whatever they can source to fill out shelves. No pak choi or coriander but hey, why not try a delicious turnip from our new expanded turnip section?

Frozen veg seems to be similarly hit. There's an entire aisle of empty freezer cabinets.

Meanwhile the European supermarket chains, like Lidl and Eurospar, source their produce either locally on the island of Ireland, or have supply chains coming in from direct shipment from the continental EU to Ireland and seem to have almost no shortage issues.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

10000 Sex Arses posted:

No pak choi or coriander but hey, why not try a delicious turnip from our new expanded turnip section?
Sounds... adequate?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
and they're not even implementing the Irish sea border properly yet lol

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1359590841619275776?s=19

https://mobile.twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1359590852226613248

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I got an email from Amazon telling me that one of my favourite whiskeys (Bushmills' Black Bush) was on offer.

But due to Brexit Amazon is no longer able to ship Northern Irish spirits to Northern Ireland,. They have to go through export declarations to ship to Amazon's distribution centre in GB, them go through further export declarations to ship it back from GB to Northern Ireland's EU customs zone.

The government is still sticking to their hardline propaganda that there is no internal Tory sea border between Britain and NI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you couldn’t design a system set up to force reunification better imo