Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Freeside Review is pretty ambitious but I'd wait until he makes the version that removes his changes to the Strip.

It exists

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70894

drat, I wonder if this is compatible with New Vegas Bounties...

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

PinheadSlim posted:

I installed JSawyer to play hardcore on, then I installed all the patches that add all the cut content from the game, then I installed Increased Wasteland Spawns. I got to Primm and there were at least 20 loving powder gangers there and I had to retreat to the little NCR camp across the bridge. There were 8 or so NCR troopers there and if it weren't for them it would have been very difficult clearing out Primm at level one lol.

I played with IWS a lot, but it has a tendency to break/bloat saves. A shame no one remade it to be cleaner, I think it's a bit silly that places like The Fort and Cottonwood Cove have like 10 people guarding it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

It exists

It's not, unfortunately. The mod author has said that any compatibility patches will have to be made by other mod authors.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

What does the DBZ mod do?

Exactly what it says on the tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCPvA9znUAU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

It exists

Oh poo poo, I typically roll with Freeside Open but this looks pretty good. Can't safely remove FSO so I guess I'm starting over again, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nobody Interesting posted:

Oh poo poo, I typically roll with Freeside Open but this looks pretty good. Can't safely remove FSO so I guess I'm starting over again, though.

You can remove FSO using this mod:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59514/

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Interesting. So I've only just finished Back In The Saddle on this current run, so starting over isn't a huge deal. The mod page says you need to actually GO to Freeside to perform the removal, am I actually save to remove it anyway if I haven't been there yet?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Nobody Interesting posted:

Interesting. So I've only just finished Back In The Saddle on this current run, so starting over isn't a huge deal. The mod page says you need to actually GO to Freeside to perform the removal, am I actually save to remove it anyway if I haven't been there yet?

Seeing how you're literally at the beginning of the game, I would just start over instead of putting at faith in a mod that has the phrase "No guarantees this will work, but it's got to better than nothing, right?" on it's page.

But hey, do what you want.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Yeah gently caress it. Starting over's not so painful with https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70973

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Or just ~coc freeside

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone else found that using LOOT to sort their plug-ins is just terrible? It's supposedly done via an aggregate from multiple load orders to find the best setup but it seemingly ignores logic and puts things all over the plug in list.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Never used it and never will. Common sense will serve you far better than LOOT will

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Loot is loving terrible. Common sense and/or saying "gently caress it" and doing no sorting are often better.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yeah, I don't really trust some automatic process to do it for me. You're better off doing it yourself. At least then when something goes wrong, chances are you'll have a better idea why because you caused it.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

How good is TTW for it I just want a consequence free playground for my courier to go to if he wants to kill things. Like is travel to and from DC easy enough that I can pretend it’s just an incoherent fever dream?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
It’s pretty good at that. The only problem really is that by default you start in the capital wasteland and you have to go into DC and do a little dungeon to turn on and take the train. What makes it a pain is that in TTW super mutants have DT and the train dungeon is full of them and you’ll have to get by a few to even get there.

Of course you can always just use good old tgm and breeze through it all.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ive just been using vortex which seems to work just fine

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I used to use the Nexus Mod Manager until it became Vortex. Then I installed Mod Organizer 2 and it's so easy and good I feel dumb for waiting this long to use it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mod Organizer 2 is THE way to go when it comes to modding. However, if you’re super duper careful, don’t want to use a lot of mods, don’t mind uninstalling/re-installing your game from scratch and in general don’t want to remove or change which mods you use in a play through, Vortex or NMM is also fine. But I’m using MO2 on everything from Morrowind -> Fallout 4 and I’ll never go back.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

feel like any time someone recommends mod organizer they have to say its much more complicated when it really isnt and point you to a 40 minute long yt tutorial

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Has anyone else found that using LOOT to sort their plug-ins is just terrible? It's supposedly done via an aggregate from multiple load orders to find the best setup but it seemingly ignores logic and puts things all over the plug in list.

I think MO2 has LOOT built in, so I do that to sort my plug-in list? Haven't encountered any real problems except here and there. I have manually moved a few mods though because otherwise other ones overwrote them and made it not work.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Never use LOOT, it is horrible and bad and its contagious. Not even once.

e;
Again, if you're following VNV, use the provided LoadOrder.txt and instructions for using it in Mod Organizer 2.

It's best to keep track of any additional mods in your load order yourself. Be mindful of overwrites, conflicts and such. Make use of xEdit and the ability to turn files to Hidden, super easy to use in MO2.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 11, 2021

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

This was a while ago but thank you to Hobo on Fire for suggesting the GECK to get Johnny Fiveaces as a playable face. This will go great with my first Randomizer run.

If anyone else wants it, I have the .esp mirrored here.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Strangely, I have encountered one bug with all my mods. I seem to recall that when talking with most people in New Vegas, you are usually given a "Goodbye" option to end the conversation. At some point while installing my mods, that option got changed to "Nevermind" for most conversations. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I noticed the change (Or thought I did, maybe it's always been nevermind for most, only some characters get goodbye) I was a little surprised.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I feel dirty, but I think I'll make a mod to undo one of YUP's fixes.

YUP makes Chemist(and Day Tripper, Logan's Loophole) not affect food, stimpacks, magazines, stealth boys and etc, but man do I love how broken that perk is without the fix. I loved 20 minute long stealth boys with Logan's Loophole and Chemist.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When I sort a load order I generally put everything into categories based on what should override what.

Top of the list is ESMs which I order mostly the same as the rest of my list.

Bugfixes
UI and QOL
Gameplay Changes
Restored Content
NPC Changes
Creature Changes
Weapon Mods and Changes
Animation Mods
Player Homes
Landscape Changes
Lighting Overhauls
LOD plug-ins
Weather and Lighting Overhauls

I'll then tweak here and there depending on what I want to overwrite other plug-ins.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I was working off some bad or out of date information, not trying to mislead anyone. Sorry. This is really embarrassing. Especially after the other thing. It was definitely very popular closer to the game's launch, but I haven't checked in years, hence me loving up.

E: Edited original post. Sorry again everyone. I'm a big dumbass.

All I can say is why. Why do you keep doing this?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

All I can say is why. Why do you keep doing this?

Who gives a gently caress

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magmarashi posted:

Obviously I do, because making up bullshit accusations just damages the credibility of actual, legitimate problems. I just don't understand where the urge to throw around accusations with zero basis in reality comes from.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Magmarashi posted:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Threads full of resources are less useful when people just make things up, though

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Threads full of resources are less useful when people just make things up, though

Yes it's quite a sad day that we might have some small misinformation about the White CJ for San Andreas mod here in this, the Fallout: New Vegas Modding Thread. I am sure everyone who comes to this thread looking for details on a racist mod from a completely different game will be glad we spent the time to clear that up and call the person who posted about it names.

Is there anything to be done about the weird...I'd call it animation, but that might be incorrect, lag when firing an automatic weapon?

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 12, 2021

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

FrancisFukyomama posted:

How good is TTW for it I just want a consequence free playground for my courier to go to if he wants to kill things. Like is travel to and from DC easy enough that I can pretend it’s just an incoherent fever dream?

CFox posted:

It’s pretty good at that. The only problem really is that by default you start in the capital wasteland...

Seconding that TTW is a great way to add more places to go/stuff to kill. The default start is in DC, but last I checked when you start a new game with it, it gives you a pop up asking where you want to begin. Pick the Mojave start, wake up in Doc Mitchel's like normal, go to DC via the train station in Freeside. The Capital Wasteland train station is added into the eastern side of the DC ruins.

It adds fast travel points for both train stations, so once both are discovered getting back and forth isn't too much hassle.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 12, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Magmarashi posted:

Is there anything to be done about the weird...I'd call it animation, but that might be incorrect, lag when firing an automatic weapon?

Automatic Weapons Fix - Minigun-Gatling-Chainsaw and more?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63107

quote:

Fixes "no firing sound if quickly clicked again" and "stuck in firing animation with no ammo" bugs in a compatible way.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Automatic Weapons Fix - Minigun-Gatling-Chainsaw and more?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63107

No the thing where you press to fire and it seems like it has to play the animation for the recoil from a shot before it then starts to fire

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

More Mojave seems pretty neat so far. Ran across a few additional creature nests and the loot is maybe a little overpowered - there's two Nuka Grenades in Goodsprings, but a HORDE of Giant Mantises right by them, so you basically use them right away. Very enjoyable.

Also still finding The Living Desert pretty great, although I've found selecting elements I don't like and running the disable console command on them isn't working. There's an "NCR Tax Collector" in Primm after hiring the NCR to sheriff the town; he's standing there in a suit with a big iron on his hip, not very NCR imo. I'll try dipping into xEdit and see if I can nuke him.

Living Desert was also being fucky with FCO, all the NPCs it spawned had two eyeballs per socket. Couldn't figure out a fix so just said gently caress it and went to NVCE as suggested earlier. Still potatoes, but at least they have a normal number of eyes.

I don't hate it though, I like that various groups like the Jackals and Powder Gangers become a bit more of a problem since there's just more of them. Enjoyable run so far.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 12, 2021

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Magmarashi posted:

Yes it's quite a sad day that we might have some small misinformation about the White CJ for San Andreas mod here in this, the Fallout: New Vegas Modding Thread. I am sure everyone who comes to this thread looking for details on a racist mod from a completely different game will be glad we spent the time to clear that up and call the person who posted about it names.

yeah god forbid you act like a normal person epic cspam gangtag guy

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Sometimes people make mistakes or act on old information. Not everything people post online is meant to be malicious, and a little bit of forgiveness and not caring so much about a dead internet comedy forum thread could be of benefit.

So anyway there's a new attempt to make Freeside look cooler apparently. Sadly, it is not compatible with any of the New Vegas bounties mod. Man, what I wouldn't do for a Freeside Open that was updated and worked with all the Bounties mods...
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70894?tab=posts

Second, I finally got around to recruiting the cut Brahmin companion using this mod. Sadly they got rid of Betsy's quest line where she actually runs with your stuff and you got to track her down and hassle her old owners for stuff back. Oh well. Still cool to have 600lb carrying capacity companion on hardcore mode.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59265

Also, we still got out FNV discord over here discussing a Goonmod.
https://discord.gg/Hky6qy2T

quote:

Also still finding The Living Desert pretty great, although I've found selecting elements I don't like and running the disable console command on them isn't working. There's an "NCR Tax Collector" in Primm after hiring the NCR to sheriff the town; he's standing there in a suit with a big iron on his hip, not very NCR imo. I'll try dipping into xEdit and see if I can nuke him.

I really like the Living Desert and those tax collectors they add are pretty lols-worthy. Wasn't expecting that touch.

I also cleaned out Quarry Junction with that mod and immediately Super Mutants from Black Mountain started pouring out on the road to replace them and began attacking me. First time I shot at a Super Mutant in this game in a long time.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 12, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dongicus posted:

yeah god forbid you act like a normal person epic cspam gangtag guy

If you want to grudge post about things you should at least get basic facts correct. Those are from Games, as a reference to Streets of Rage, and were given out to people over the summer who donated to bail funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I really like the Living Desert and those tax collectors they add are pretty lols-worthy.

Living Desert makes the BoS attack you if you blew up their bunker, and Omertas attack you if you hosed up their plans.

So I fast travel to Novac to chat with Manny about Bitter Springs and start Boone's companion quest.

never thought I'd be tag teamed by mobsters and tech paladins.