Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It's dark so you can't see it but in the last panel Calvin this is the comic where Calvin figures out his dad is always lying to him. It's a weird bit of continuity with the rest of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'm a big fan of the concept of the Motionless Truth

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I want to ask that guy how doors work, should be really interesting.

I’m guessing he thinks it’s fine because they are flat.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
DOOR HAS 4 CORNER

SIMULTANEOUS 4-WALL

DOOR CUBE

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

HootTheOwl posted:

It's dark so you can't see it but in the last panel Calvin this is the comic where Calvin figures out his dad is always lying to him. It's a weird bit of continuity with the rest of the comic.

What?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hi,

I don't know if this one was posted already but it's pretty clear that any time we make fun of the Marine/Einstein meme, people take it seriously:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Follow me :science::love::love::love:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

HootTheOwl posted:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I can't ever read that line without hearing it in Abe's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7ERY_6Hg0

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I think the joke is that Calvin is a flat earther and is convinced his dad is lying to him

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
There was a joke in there? I couldn't even parse the sentence.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

wizzardstaff posted:

I can't ever read that line without hearing it in Abe's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7ERY_6Hg0

And I can't read it without hearing it in the voice from the end of this ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99z_d-iRnsg

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Mainstream media sucks!!! I go to real news sources like.....Facebook and Fox News!

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

They're joking about that last panel (I hope) but his dad does have a history of telling him all kinds of bs.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Invalid Validation posted:

Mainstream media sucks!!! I go to real news sources like.....Facebook and Fox News!

REAL news sources like OANN where they gave the deranged pillow salesman 3 hours to go on a drug addled rant about (debunked) voting machine claims that's definitely going to find him on the wrong side of a huge lawsuit.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Weatherman posted:

There was a joke in there? I couldn't even parse the sentence.

No guys, this panel where Calvin realizes his Dad is lying to him, setting the stage for him to become the Narrator in Fight Club.

This is also why it is a well known fact that Hobbes can't read. Brad Pitt's method of losing literacy was accomplished via in-character time travel for every role he played.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Unrelated but I've been freelancing a lot of cartoon stuff lately and I remain amazed at how good Watterson is

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quote:

Subject: DAVE BRAT / BLESS YOUR FRIEND MIKE LINDELL FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE... >

https://michaeljlindell.com/ - ABSOLUTE PROOF

I AM NO LONGER PROUD OF MY COUNTRY.

AS YOU SAID AT THE AMERICAN RENEWAL PROJECT AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY IN AUGUST 2019 - CONGRESS IS CORRUPT. SO IS OUR ENTIRE SYSTEM IMO. SO MANY ARE EITHER INEPT, OF A PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL COMMUNISTIC DISCIPLINE, OR BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, THAT RIGHT CANNOT NOW BE DONE. THAT COST US THE LEADERSHIP OF DONALD TRUMP - SO WELL DOCUMENTED IN THIS FILM.

I PRAY THAT WE AS A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC CAN SURVIVE. OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN, AND THE WORLD AT LARGE, ARE AT GREAT RISK UNLESS THE NECESSARY LEADERSHIP ASSERTS ITSELF SUCCESSFULLY.

PLEASE SHARE THIS AS WIDELY AS YOU CAN, AND WORK FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR ONCE GREAT NATION.

BEST, IN PRAYER FOR THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA,

Melodramatic much?

Not me but my dad received this from a pretty good friend of his. It must have really upset him because he responded (and BCCed me) a response that boiled down to "Let's not talk about this and ruin our friendship".

I took one look at the 'proof' cited and just laughed heartily. This moron believed a crackhead pillow salesman.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

quote:

AS YOU SAID AT THE AMERICAN RENEWAL PROJECT AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY

Literally beyond parody

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mike Lindell is an endless fountain of top tier content. A true legend of our time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Literally beyond parody

Yeah I stopped reading right there

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m of a PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL COMMUNISTIC DISCIPLINE

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea dipshit that’s kinda how diseases work.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like the idea that having to test for a disease somehow makes it not deadly or damaging, as if we should just wait for the lung tissues to turn to chowder before making the call if it's really that bad

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

I like the idea that having to test for a disease somehow makes it not deadly or damaging, as if we should just wait for the lung tissues to turn to chowder before making the call if it's really that bad

Actually, this is more reminiscent of a Manhattan chowder what with the blood coloring and all, and many chowder afficionados consider the thin, soupy version to not be a chowder at all. Patient diagnosed with common cold and discharged.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

From the same dude. Guild Gack Getter.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Hail Satan!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

tek79 posted:

Hail Satan!

SS-18 is that you?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

PJOmega posted:

SS-18 is that you?

I was just appreciating the mark of the beast being used to usher in the 1000-year Bidenocoplyse. I'm used to seeing Biden=COMMIE!!!! meme poo poo from conservatives but not too many Biden=SATAN!!!! references compared to other Democratic politicians (at least from what I've seen). It was a breath of fresh air.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

tek79 posted:

I was just appreciating the mark of the beast being used to usher in the 1000-year Bidenocoplyse. I'm used to seeing Biden=COMMIE!!!! meme poo poo from conservatives but not too many Biden=SATAN!!!! references compared to other Democratic politicians (at least from what I've seen). It was a breath of fresh air.

Oh I getcha. I was making a (dumb af) reference to a meme shirt for the horrible John Ringo "Ghost" novels and people's hate readings. https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Oh-no-John-Ringo-Hail-SS-18-Satan-by-JcDent/22597927.FB110

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Respect the president whether you like him or not.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
BLM feeling betrayed is probably true yeah, but the person who crafted that meme certainly doesn't loving care.

Also lol at "Texas and Florida are mad." Of course they are. They're both red states with a blue president. Not to mention Florida is literally always pissed off.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

What were they under W. Bush?

ALso, I whipped this one up for what's left of my conservative FB friends that you can use if you want. AFAIK, I've never been FW>FW>FWD before.

I don't get all this stuff about Cancel Culture. I mean...what even is that? I don't know what any of you are even talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go steamroll some Dixie Chicks CD's, set fire to some Colin Kaepernick jerseys and my Nike sneakers, eat some Freedom Fries, dump all my bottles of Heinz condiments and Ben & Jerry's ice cream down the sink, ban Dungeons and Dragons and Harry Potter books from libraries, sue Judas Priest for a kid's suicide, not vote for people who don't wear flag lapel pins, boycott Jane Fonda movies, flush some Kellogg's cereal down the toilet, work on my front page newspaper layout turning French people into rats, not laugh at Kathy Griffin, piss on Dan Rather's grave, fire Bill Maher, make some Caitlyn Jenner jokes, Tweet some poo poo at David Hogg and very aggressively get back to my normal routine of aggressively not watching NFL football or NBA basketball.

Especially the Dallas Mavericks for not playing a song that is a fundamental and essential element of enjoying a sporting event.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Just him, the South Korean Army, the US Navy, the US secret service, the...

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

CuddleCryptid posted:

Just him, the South Korean Army, the US Navy, the US secret service, the...

Vice President mean mugging' across the DMZ...

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Texas is secretly thrilled and relieved beyond belief. making GBS threads on Texas cities during Trump just wasn't cutting it and now that Biden is in the office they can be performative mad as hell at the White House instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Really? The lower one couldn't even go visit his friends in Congress despite a mob carrying pitchforks and spears and baseball bats in front of him.