Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://youtu.be/TJky9UYh2L8 Is this the defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Mr. Nice! posted:

They're trying to fill 16 hours and have no actual defense. It's nothing but whataboutism, false equivalencies, slippery slopes that senators will have to do their job, and fox news cuts of democratic officials saying things. They've played this same video 3 times now at least.

Its even worse than that. They are only going to take up 3-4 hours today for the defense. So they have no real defense and its just lovely padding. House managers took 2 days to present all their evidence and these fuckwits are only using 3-4 hours for their defense because they know they have no real defense and that it doesnt matter anyway. I mean part of their defense is trying to play off a spelling error, of people spelling cavalry as calvary

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 12, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Have four minutes of Champ and Major. And some dude and his wife I guess.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1360215437427027969?s=19

Oh no Champ obviously has hip issues poor guy

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I mean he's 14 he is lucky to still be alive.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Champ should take a ferry ride

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
loving the DARVO defense

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

It shouldn't be the result but...
This is the same line of poo poo we get every time we try to organize and demand better conditions or funding or health. The responsibility for the decisions that created the situation is nebulous, but if we walk out we're the ones responsible for hurting the kids. Every loving time.

I’m not remotely opposed to educators leveraging their collective positions for safety measures even if it means threatening or executing walkouts.

Some media narratives of “unions vs science” is pretty clearly just biased bullshit to make teachers look bad.

I think the goal should be school available to children. If that means teachers get vaccines or other measures to make them safer while doing so, then good!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They're playing this same video...again.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The EVIL music when democrats are saying fight, and the upbeat music whenever Trump talks about how much he is for law and order.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Is the evil music that “fight song” tune from the 2016 DNC? Cause I could be swayed if it is.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I can't watch. Is the music a lil'john remix or something? Thats what it is in my mind

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Is... is he trying to relitigate the election?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

McNally posted:

I sure hope so

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

McNally posted:

He's presenting his client's argument.

This is just a loving farce. I can't believe this was his defense.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's presenting his client's argument.

This is just a loving farce. I can't believe this was his defense.

It doesn’t matter! Trump could go up there in person, moon the Senate, and flip them off with both hands while backing out of the room and he knows the pubbies will never vote to convict him. I’m surprised he’s spending the money to do even as much as he has; he could get the same effect for no expenditure.

Edit:vvvvv exactly.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 12, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The defense could just be, “My client is guilty, but you cowards will acquit, you stooges.”

Would be simpler.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

The defense could just be, “My client is guilty, but you cowards will acquit, you stooges.”

Would be simpler.

Would also be the first honest thing they said.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This kind of thing is why the vote is likely tomorrow and Democrats probably won't call for witnesses.

Updated tweet, don't really believe it:

https://twitter.com/TyBofferding/status/1360333708520226816?s=19

Can't really convince people that are willingly putting their fingers in their ears going LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU while walking away.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 12, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Is "Deus Vult" with like a templar cross lookin logo thing some white power/chud thing?

e] ok, I'd assumed as much since it was on a t-shirt worn by some old bald white guy with a handlebar stache, it just wasn't something I was familiar with.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 12, 2021

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is "Deus Vult" with like a templar cross lookin logo thing some white power/chud thing?

Yes.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

e] ok, I'd assumed as much since it was on a t-shirt worn by some old bald white guy with a handlebar stache, it just wasn't something I was familiar with.

100% of anything related to admiring crusaders is a racist/islamophobe thing

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Oh 100%

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Can y'all share some video feed of this dumb hilarity/idiocy that is presented as a legal argument?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can y'all share some video feed of this dumb hilarity/idiocy that is presented as a legal argument?

https://youtu.be/w_Ma8oQLmSM

They are doing questions at the moment.

EDIT: If abc is geoblocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaO9VrAgCQQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It’s being streamed on c-span.org. I turned it off because its just making me mad.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Not that they ever would, but could the Senate hold the defense in contempt of Congress for, y'know, not actually answering the questions?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The house managers are doing a great job of making this guy unravel and lose his poo poo, making him look like a total fool.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Why is Zodiac Teddy still gargling Trump's balls?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Probably some mixture of "I don't want to get primaried" and "I have accepted Trump is my master in my heart and soul"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Timeline of how things went down in NZ, if anyone's interested

https://shorthand.radionz.co.nz/coronavirus-timeline/index.html

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Which is the same as saying "he's a purebred Shephard."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's enough plausible deniability for republican senators with 2020-era republican voters to ignore the whole thing. The Romney and Pence types will be gone in a few years to be replaced with Senators Boebert and co., and the democrats are never going to call for their voters to attack the capitol the next time a Republican wins the Presidency, so whats even the point of voting yes? Not to mention (this is admittedly anecdotal) to the ~average American~ who is no/low information this all looks like the democrats screwing around wasting time while everyone is waiting impatiently for their $600-2000 checks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

There's enough plausible deniability for republican senators with 2020-era republican voters to ignore the whole thing. The Romney and Pence types will be gone in a few years to be replaced with Senators Boebert and co., and the democrats are never going to call for their voters to attack the capitol the next time a Republican wins the Presidency, so whats even the point of voting yes? Not to mention (this is admittedly anecdotal) to the ~average American~ who is no/low information this all looks like the democrats screwing around wasting time while everyone is waiting impatiently for their $600-2000 checks.

Actually the average American who is aware enough to know what the Democrats are doing thinks Trump bears responsibility for the attempted coup.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Nessus posted:

Probably some mixture of "I don't want to get primaried" and "I have accepted Trump is my master in my heart and soul"

Ted believes in nothing. But he's up for reelection in 2024, so to be President or a re-elected Senator, he needs to win a primary before a general. And Allen West is the GOP chair in Texas.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Actually the average American who is aware enough to know what the Democrats are doing thinks Trump bears responsibility for the attempted coup.

I sure hope you're right.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

I sure hope you're right.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/KCliffLarson/status/1360251176755875853?s=19

Good stuff

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A lot of the Republicans pretty much assume that things can't really get worse, or they can duck the responsibility if it does. They're probably right about the ducking responsibility bit.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1360375150856798210

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1360375756417884165

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

A lot of the Republicans pretty much assume that things can't really get worse, or they can duck the responsibility if it does. They're probably right about the ducking responsibility bit.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1360375150856798210

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1360375756417884165

Fuckin' weasel still backs Trump, Greene, and every other lunatic fascist seditionist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

Fuckin' weasel still backs Trump, Greene, and every other lunatic fascist seditionist.

It was just commented that McCarthy's basically a sentient doormat and I don't really see the alternative case :v:

Edit: ah so this makes sense from CNN - "Despite this, McCarthy recently went to Mar-a-Lago and asked Trump for access to his donor list. (I was told Trump didn’t give it to him.)"

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 13, 2021