Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

theironjef posted:

It's Oded Fehr you want. For Richards, for Doom, for Richards and Doom. He's the right pick.

He’s be a good doom but he doesn’t have that hint of dork factor you want for Richards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

The Wright cut is just like that 'non-SJW cut' of Last Jedi and cuts out any non-expository dialogue by women.

Oh no please don't cut one of the 20 scenes where Evangeline Lily is mad at her dad and Paul Rudd because she should be ant-man instead. Each one was more delightful than the last.

The idea that the Edgar Wright cut of Ant-man would somehow be worse makes me think people did not watch Ant-man.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

FlamingLiberal posted:

Theoretically they could backdoor both the X-Men and F4 in

not directed at you specifically but I feel like MCU withdrawal has led people to set up impossibly high expectations for how much setup WandaVision is going to do for future MCU stuff

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I don’t think anyone expects them to all show up in the finale, but they are dealing with some crazy powerful stuff that leads to a movie called “multiverse of madness” so the groundwork seems like it’s being laid down at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Oh no please don't cut one of the 20 scenes where Evangeline Lily is mad at her dad and Paul Rudd because she should be ant-man instead. Each one was more delightful than the last.

The idea that the Edgar Wright cut of Ant-man would somehow be worse makes me think people did not watch Ant-man.

We saw Baby Driver.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reminder that the perfect Doom already exists and his name is Vincent Cassel

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

theironjef posted:

It's Oded Fehr you want. For Richards, for Doom, for Richards and Doom. He's the right pick.

No I want Oded Fehr as Magneto opposite Giancarlo Esposito's Professor X.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Michael Shannon for Reed Richards

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm late to the Firefly/anime discussion but the obvious inspiration that none of you mentioned was Cowboy Bebop. Whedon saw Cowboy Bebop and thought he could do better.

(He couldn't.)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Are they still in the casting phase of Captain Marvel 2? I thought they'd started filming already. Maybe I'm thinking of Love and Thunder

Vandar posted:

I'm late to the Firefly/anime discussion but the obvious inspiration that none of you mentioned was Cowboy Bebop. Whedon saw Cowboy Bebop and thought he could do better.

(He couldn't.)

Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Trigun

Man I thought Firefly was so cool as a kid and there is SO much about it that does not age well. I think it benefited from the magic of being cancelled before it got explored enough to become a terrible vehicle for even more of Whedon's worst creative hangups, so everyone imagined an potential infinite upward trajectory of quality that couldn't be proven wrong

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Someone mentioned William Jackson Harper for Reed a while back and he’s still the frontrunner for me until proven otherwise.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone mentioned William Jackson Harper for Reed a while back and he’s still the frontrunner for me until proven otherwise.

This was me and yes, he is my forever Reed.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The Wright cut is just like that 'non-SJW cut' of Last Jedi and cuts out any non-expository dialogue by women.

That's still one of the funniest things ever created, the idea of it I mean.

Didn't someone do a cut of Endgame where they took out Stark hugging Peter because of the gay?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Nicolas Cage for Doom.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone on Twitter just suggest Glenn Howerton as Reed and now I don't want anything else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Matt Berry as Doom

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Richard Ayoade as Richards.
Noel Fielding as Ben Grimm.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

We saw Baby Driver.

It really does feel like Wright's secret ingredient is Simon Pegg.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I still kinda wish Oscar Isaac could be Reed, but they cast him as Moon Knight instead. Which is also good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

Oded Fehr is Kraven I'll accept nothing else

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

Jemaine Clement. :colbert:

Oded Fehr would also be good though.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Someone on Twitter just suggest Glenn Howerton as Reed and now I don't want anything else.

Retro Futurist posted:

Look I hate to do this but

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Vince MechMahon posted:

See, at least this is someone I know can play a completely disinterested sociopath.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Honestly, just have the whole gang play the Fantastic Four.

Glenn Howerton as Reed
Kaitlin Olsen as Sue
Charlie Day as Johnny
Rob McElhenney as Ben

Devito can be Doom

And then just have them write the movie they same way they'd write any episode of Always Sunny. I would absolutely watch Always Sunny, but with Superpowers. And you would too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Jamesman posted:

And you would too.

I actually wouldn’t. I don’t much care for that brand of humour. Too mean spirited for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

It really does feel like Wright's secret ingredient is Simon Pegg.

Nah, it's Nick Frost.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Honestly, just have the whole gang play the Fantastic Four.

Glenn Howerton as Reed
Kaitlin Olsen as Sue
Charlie Day as Johnny
Rob McElhenney as Ben

Devito can be Doom

And then just have them write the movie they same way they'd write any episode of Always Sunny. I would absolutely watch Always Sunny, but with Superpowers. And you would too.

DeVito is clearly mole man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Matt Berry as Doom

"You and Grimm are... buddies?"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vince MechMahon posted:

DeVito is clearly mole man.

No, he's clearly Spider-Man.

But the idea of him being Doom is just really funny to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tell people they're auditioning to portray Neil DeGrasse Tyson, not Reed Richards.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Tell people they're auditioning to portray Neil DeGrasse Tyson, not Reed Richards.

No Reed needs to be likeable on some level.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

No Reed needs to be likeable on some level.

Since when? :crossarms:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Take it a step further. Cast Neil deGrasse Tyson as Reed Richards.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Argue posted:

Take it a step further. Cast Neil deGrasse Tyson as Reed Richards.

Superhero movies already have enough sexual harassers, thanks.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Anson Mount ain't doing anything and they're never gonna use that Black Bolt again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Anson Mount ain't doing anything and they're never gonna use that Black Bolt again

Yes he is, he's got his own Star Trek show coming out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Did they cancel that trek show he was gonna do

Efb

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldMemes posted:

Fisher did the right thing going public, its just a shame he wasn't clearer at first.
Hey dude is this criticism something you want to aim towards Charisma Carpenter and Michelle Trachtenberg, too?

Or, you know, just at the black man that was trying to hold his boss accountable??

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Vince MechMahon posted:

He'd be perfect for Namor now that I think about it.
I mean Dennis is already halfway there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Hey dude is this criticism something you want to aim towards Charisma Carpenter and Michelle Trachtenberg, too?

Or, you know, just at the black man that was trying to hold his boss accountable??

Probably not since those two described specific actions and Fisher didn't which is the point he was trying to make, you goon.

Is it a dumb point? Probably, but he's been pretty clear and consistent from the start about it so stop trying to make it a race thing.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 14, 2021