Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

SchnorkIes posted:

Mostly just trying to justify policies that don't help the people I hate, white lumpens aren't in the working class lol

nice means testing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

the 2016 lover posted:

nice means testing

They're Q ppl op

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i always knew that was epstein's plane

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's a lot of arguing to be done about the role and potential ideological activation of the lumpen, but a simple glance at the scoreboard would show that Team Mao has a decisive lead

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres a specific type of Trump voter squeal that I havent seen yet from Biden voters, the open "he's hurting the wrong people!" complaint.

I may have just missed it though.
Same, people posting in despair that the politician they voted for never was going to fulfill their promises and doesn't care about them is sad. Trump posts had a unique spice of "Trump I can't afford my medical bills! When will you swoop down and save me and also firebomb my neighbors house they play music too loud" or "Trump I still believe in you. My friends all lost faith but I'm still waiting for you to return to the gold standard like Jesus said"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Knight posted:

Same, people posting in despair that the politician they voted for never was going to fulfill their promises and doesn't care about them is sad. Trump posts had a unique spice of "Trump I can't afford my medical bills! When will you swoop down and save me and also firebomb my neighbors house they play music too loud" or "Trump I still believe in you. My friends all lost faith but I'm still waiting for you to return to the gold standard like Jesus said"

trump when will you revalue the iraqi dinar

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knight posted:

The Trump thread isn't sending their best

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres a specific type of Trump voter squeal that I havent seen yet from Biden voters, the open "he's hurting the wrong people!" complaint.

I may have just missed it though.

you won't see that because hardcore dem supporters have no actual loyalties or political beliefs outside mindless support for the party, so they'll always find some rationalization for why anybody that biden fucks over must have deserved it

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
Biden voters desperately trying to convince themselves they aren't going to die under Biden

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1360697191698898945

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Alpha 1 posted:

Biden voters desperately trying to convince themselves they aren't going to die under Biden

Bidens successes? He's gonna have the gwb 20 years later body count in the first 100 days

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SchnorkIes posted:

Bidens successes? He's gonna have the gwb 20 years later body count in the first 100 days

that is a success. there is nothing more presidential than ordering the ruthless extermination of foreign civilians.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alpha 1 posted:

incredible

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that is a success. there is nothing more presidential than ordering the ruthless extermination of foreign civilians.

I think they’re talking about killing US civilians lmao

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I think they’re talking about killing US civilians lmao

what are you talking about, protestors are clearly all russian agitators. butchering them in the streets is properly patriotic.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
this thread will be much funnier than the trump one because biden has no cult following.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

this thread will be much funnier than the trump one because biden has no cult following.

I can't find it but pretend I posted the "bidens raw dogging while watching wolf blitzer" tweet.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1360677012151676930?s=20

they’re still gonna give a segregationist rapist money lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Alpha 1 posted:

https://twitter.com/jacob__posts/status/1358654560152256517?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

There is a Democrat cult, maybe not a Biden cult though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

They didn't even do that though, Bidne kept telling people he wouldn't give them poo poo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsieurChoc posted:

They didn't even do that though, Bidne kept telling people he wouldn't give them poo poo.

The entire machine around Biden insisted otherwise, including the public faces of the American “left.”

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SchnorkIes posted:

Mostly just trying to justify policies that don't help the people I hate, white lumpens aren't in the working class lol

This is means testing fyi. You are a lib

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SchnorkIes posted:

They're Q ppl op

who gives a gently caress. stop trying to figure out how to charge them rent for living in your head

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Q ppl's brains have been broken by capitalism and melted by the internet but that doesn't make them subhuman

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There's no working class: we're all loving poor.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is means testing fyi. You are a lib

means testing to say fascists arent comrades and that certain subsets of lumpens in an industrial economy lack revolutionary potential?

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

also i'm pretty sure, but i might be wrong, that the objectively worsening material conditions for people is increasing class consciousness, which probably has a bigger effect on its development than the presence or lack of "idpol," which always sounded like one of those thought-terminating orwellian phrases to me where a bunch of complex social movements are compressed into a single phrase that is intended to convey an entirely negative meaning. people speaking out about their oppression? radlib idpol!

You have this perfectly backwards, idpol is a toolset for creating thought-terminating cliches. If everything you don't like is Hitler, every discussion is already over

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

You have this perfectly backwards, idpol is a toolset for creating thought-terminating cliches. If everything you don't like is Hitler, every discussion is already over

but pretty much 100% of the stuff around us here in the US is fascism that gave hitler his ideas

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SchnorkIes posted:

means testing to say fascists arent comrades and that certain subsets of lumpens in an industrial economy lack revolutionary potential?

"just trying to justify policies that don't help the people I hate" is means testing you weasel

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

Universal means universal

Medicare for all will give fascists healthcare but it's still worth doing

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

SchnorkIes posted:

personally i dont think we should restrict aid based on who has the most revolutionary potential

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

just lmao at anyone who voted for Biden because they thought he would improve their lives (bougie's excepted obviously)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

liberal idpol is all about coopting legitimate struggles for liberation and transforming them into shields for the rich and powerful, hth

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

i get how liberals co-opt legitimate struggles into meaningless paper reforms, but the language here and negative connotations of "idpol" tends to obscure real problems to dismiss them as worth concern. are racial justice struggles idpol? or is there a good kind of idpol and a bad kind of idpol? that's why i don't think this unclear, vague, highly politicized jargon language is helpful.

i dunno, guys. i visited south carolina one time and the two black guys i met there (in the underground lefty bar and a gay bar) both told me, unprompted, maybe because i wasn't from there, that they hated the place and wanted to get out because of how racist it is. you could feel the static on the street. like, oh god, i just walked into apartheid. and that's the society right now, barely removed from jim crow. and then a few months after i left, that white supremacist kid who was glorifying apartheid south africa and rhodesia online walked into a black church and murdered nine people.

when i hear this kind of whining about idpol from the kind of people who post on r/stupidpol, it just sounds like complete bullshit to me, from people who live in liberal bubbles.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
if only they could escape into the less racist northeast, like to boston. then they'd be free

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
never been there. wouldn't know.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The problem with Liberal idpol is that it doesn't have a solution to the problems of racism and injustice beyond theatrically sighing if only everyone was more enlightened things could be better. In placing race as the only essential thing it jettisons any ideological reading of an event. Like the Capitol riot, it's very popular to point to the kids gloves they're being treated with and saying things like "sounds about White" and while yes race 100% does play a part in why they get the kids gloves, if 3000 all white Communists tried to enter thr Capitol building, those stairs would have run red with blood. So we get bogged down in arguments about race and its never touched upon the fact that the police are overwhelmingly right wing psychos.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

never been there. wouldn't know.

Boston is notorious for being filled with racist shitheads. Thats the joke

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Boston is notorious for being filled with racist shitheads. Thats the joke

yeah, the boston globe did a whole series on how racist the city is not too long ago.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/boston-racism-image-reality/

some people think the city deserves some slack because they don't understand history (lmao)

some sports writer posted:

In one corner: Boston is the most racist city in the United States. In the other corner: Boston is being attacked by outsiders who don’t understand it, and they’re bringing up these isolated incidents to make the city look bad.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/news/boston-racist-city-its-time-evolve-narrative

im from a city 30 miles or so from boston, but definitely not a bostonian. a good friend of mine's parents were practically the romeo and juliet of their day because they were an Irish gal from South Boston and an Italian fella from the North End, if my buddy is to be believed.

They got together during the busing period of the 70s when the Pulitzer-winning Soiling Of Old Glory photo was taken by a proto-chud who had a suspended sentence for the attack and went on to murder his sister's boyfriend and fled prosecution and returned only when the murder charge was dropped.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
boston is that way because the irish mind is incapable of not-racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

It's mind bending how loving dumb it all is