Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

paragon1 posted:

That's for secret R&D and destroying your enemies. The public religious stuff is separate.

I meant actual SIN-having officially criminals sort of prisoners, not the SINless failed runners kind of prisoners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i thought we were talkin the clones

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
For stuff like we saw in Dragonfall sure. But for a big public spectacle like those in Aztlan? You want some notorious murderer or corrupt official or anyone else who'll get the crowd cheering as a Sun Priest rips their still-beating heart out of their chest.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

For stuff like we saw in Dragonfall sure. But for a big public spectacle like those in Aztlan? You want some notorious murderer or corrupt official or anyone else who'll get the crowd cheering as a Sun Priest rips their still-beating heart out of their chest.

Including whatever Aztechnology middle management people want to blame for accusations of blood magic. It’s just corporate restructuring, you understand.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Well it IS in your contract.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I've always enjoyed the notion of deep cover Vatican agents in Aztlan, tbh.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Most likely fighting vampires since if there's one thing the Azzies love it's vampires.

Could probably make a good anime out of that.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Most likely fighting vampires since if there's one thing the Azzies love it's vampires.

Could probably make a good anime out of that.

Wasn't that a season of JJBA already?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

habeasdorkus posted:

I've always enjoyed the notion of deep cover Vatican agents in Aztlan, tbh.

There's more than a few. What Catholics are left in the world are supremely pissed off at Aztlan.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
And well should they be! Catholics stamped out the Aztecs in one world, but in this one they couldn’t stay dead!

Just finished the Dragonfall LP. What a ride. Thanks for the LP. I will soon start reading this one and hopefully enjoy similar excellence. Thanks in advance for that too.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's probably also some neo-Aztecs (Aztec revivalists?) Who would very much like to destroy the central authority that brutally runs everything and has no tolerance for any differing opinions about how the religion could move ahead.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stroth posted:

Wasn't that a season of JJBA already?

One of our teammates last game did reject their humanity, but it was with metal arms, not a stone mask.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Don't mess with the Vatican Jesuit Ninja Force. When they say they have the power of god on their side, their shaman isn't just talking poo poo.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
tbh, with the whole "heavily concentrated suffering and magic into one area, enough to cause bad dreams" and all, i kinda wonder if this is some kind of Horror thing.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Don't mess with the Vatican Jesuit Ninja Force. When they say they have the power of god on their side, their shaman isn't just talking poo poo.

I hear they have tiger blood, too.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You’ve got to know the Vatican Archives have all sorts of mystical stuff that they give to the Order of St. Sylvester when they need to get some poo poo done, especially deep into Aztlaner territory, occupied or otherwise.

POsibr
Nov 14, 2017

These go to eleven, Keith.
Finally caught up with the LP series. Been months since I started with DMS. Man, what a great ride. Thanks, Kanfy and the lore buffs, for making this an enjoyable experience.

I've been thinking why these SR LPs are so good and I think I got it. Kanfy struck a perfect balance between interjecting his own style and humour and letting the game speak for itself. The mechanics explanations and completionist approach are a great bonus, too. Kudos! This is really great.

Now, I've been reading the series after work since it was basically the only free time I had and the pacing was just great. I tested positive yesterday and am stuck in a 14 day quarantine, and now that I have all the free time in the world, I caught up, hah.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

POsibr posted:

Finally caught up with the LP series. Been months since I started with DMS. Man, what a great ride. Thanks, Kanfy and the lore buffs, for making this an enjoyable experience.

I've been thinking why these SR LPs are so good and I think I got it. Kanfy struck a perfect balance between interjecting his own style and humour and letting the game speak for itself. The mechanics explanations and completionist approach are a great bonus, too. Kudos! This is really great.

Now, I've been reading the series after work since it was basically the only free time I had and the pacing was just great. I tested positive yesterday and am stuck in a 14 day quarantine, and now that I have all the free time in the world, I caught up, hah.

Thank you for the kind words, it's always tricky to gauge how something reads from the "inside" but I definitely do my best to maintain a good flow through the updates so it's good to hear it's made for smooth reading. Fortunately the games do most of the heavy lifting for me, especially by this stage. And sorry to hear that the plague got to you, hopefully everything'll be alright and you won't have it too rough. There's no shortage of great LPs in the forums and archives to dig through in the meantime at least.

While I'm here, feel free to give your input on our feelings concerning this whole shadowrunning business if you like. We can also establish whether we believe Raymond to be alive or dead with one of the last two options. This is just another minor bit of characterization so there are no major consequences to the choice or anything.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my headcanon is that shes in it for the better noodle quality in hong kong. closest one would be money (to buy noodles)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The best thing about Vatican ninjas is that by being part of cannon you can run a campaign around getting to say, "they won't arrest/capture/kill us, we're on a mission from God."

E: we got arrested before raymond could rehabilitate us. We live by the law of the streets: a head for an eye and a face for a tooth.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 13, 2021

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Shin's all about loyalty, and Ray is too tough to go out like that. Gotta find Raymond.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Option 5.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I vote for "...get the hell out of Hong Kong".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Last option.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Nothing better to do and Ray's dead and someone's gotta pay since I think I believed he was alive when I played, mostly to try to be optimistic and help Duncan feel better.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Someone's gotta pay, it's the troll way.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Revengeance comes first.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Option 5 for me. I think Shin's loyal enough to do that. Or would consider helping Raymond to be a debt paid at least.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Get the hell outa Hong Kong

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
And go where?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Somewhere that's not Hong Kong.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Someone's going to pay.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Quackles posted:

Somewhere that's not Hong Kong.

Right, so somewhere where we don't even have a local crime lord with whom we've at least established we can follow basic orders.

I don't know what your plan is, but moving far away and getting a job at the corner Stuffer Shack isn't exactly an option when you're an international terrorist.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Right, so somewhere where we don't even have a local crime lord with whom we've at least established we can follow basic orders.

I don't know what your plan is, but moving far away and getting a job at the corner Stuffer Shack isn't exactly an option when you're an international terrorist.

Look, you can probably re-SIN someone (with a new and otherwise untarnished identity) for not more than 25-50x the cost of destroying it in the first place. So: you never know.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Let's go with number 5.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Even if I think Raymond is still alive, someone’s gotta pay.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
: My name is Shin Black. You killed my foster father. Prepare to die.

(Someone's gotta pay)

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Kobal2 posted:

Someone's gotta pay, it's the troll way.

Regardless of other choices made, Shin Black was canonically raised as an orphan by Raymond Black in Seattle and then in prison for several years, so any 'troll culture' they have is a choice rather than something they were really raised in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hey now being a troll has nothing to do with your upbringing or your DNA, it's all about finding who done you wrong and performing some sickass dental surgery with your fists.