Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let's not rehash that argument again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Yeah I’m not sure what arguing with someone’s days old dumb opinion accomplishes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Fangz posted:

Let's not rehash that argument again

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jamesman posted:

Honestly, just have the whole gang play the Fantastic Four.

Glenn Howerton as Reed
Kaitlin Olsen as Sue
Charlie Day as Johnny
Rob McElhenney as Ben

Devito can be Doom

And then just have them write the movie they same way they'd write any episode of Always Sunny. I would absolutely watch Always Sunny, but with Superpowers. And you would too.

I feel like swap Danny and Rob but yes.

Wait no, the Waitress is Sue, Rob is Johnny, Devito is Ben, Charlie is the robot from the old cartoon, and Kaitlin is Doom.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 14, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Aphrodite posted:

Is it a dumb point? Probably, but he's been pretty clear and consistent from the start about it so stop trying to make it a race thing.
It's always going to be a race thing when America doesn't act until white people are involved, see the current drug epidemic plaguing the Midwest. Fisher has said numerous times he was wary about legal issues and only stayed tweeting because it was the only way for WB to do something. Someone consistently questioning the person who already has everything to lose why they don't complet jeopardize it all only to praise pretty much retired/untouchable people is showing their rear end.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

Richard Ayoade as Richards.
Noel Fielding as Ben Grimm.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I rewatched Thor: The Dark World last night (shut up, I know) as part of an ongoing MCU rewatch and my recollections were correct in that it's just not very interesting. It's not even interesting enough to be bad, it's just there, at least until the last fifteen minutes happen and it honestly becomes a really fun movie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been doing a MCU rewatch in timeline order and my conclusion was that Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 are the only films that really fall firmly into the trap of "need a sequel because we need a sequel." I didn't think they were terrible but they're super unnecessary with nothing to really take away from them.

Well Age of Ultron probably falls into that a bit too hence its problems, but it at least introduces Vision and Wanda so it feels like its got some purpose.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Iron Man 3 is pretty much the only necessary Iron Man film.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Iron Man 3 was a great follow up to his arc in the avengers. 2 felt like the “well, poo poo, we need a sequel” iron man movie. And they wasted Demon in a Bottle with it, too.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Still think Malekith might be the most boring supervillian ever, not the worst, but certainly the most unbelievably dull.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Karloff posted:

Still think Malekith might be the most boring supervillian ever, not the worst, but certainly the most unbelievably dull.

Eccleston rules but they buried him under prosthetics and a made up language. It’s like casting Oscar Isaac for X Men Apocalypse.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I watched Thor 2 the other day hoping I'd be the one to crack it, and oh boy is it worse than I thought. Every moment with Kat is pain. What focus group couldn't get enough of her from the first one that we had to have call backs to bullshit from the first one? I couldn't finish it. Iron is only useless because the team up movies erase/cheat characterizations and plot points to make the narrative thread seem cohesive. But it's an almost wholely untainted Shane black flick, if anything, it's the most essential since the og iron man.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

Every moment with Kat is pain.

Hard disagree, she was way more fun than Portman was.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I feel like they were sold different movies. It's Kats movie when she's on screen, and she's not funny, just loud. Portman had to have gotten the hard shakespearean pitch from branaugh and seems upset it's never gotten there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I saw Thor 2 at a drive-in in pouring rain on a double bill with Last Vegas and I've never felt the urge to ever rewatch it or even remember that it exists. The only good thing it ever gave us was the eventual scene in Endgame where Thor gets a pep talk from his mother.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Thor 2 overall was so bad I almost didn’t see Thor 3 and that would have been a giant mistake.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone mentioned William Jackson Harper for Reed a while back and he’s still the frontrunner for me until proven otherwise.

He’s too likeable for Reed. He’d be a loving fantastic Johnny Storm though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

FilthyImp posted:

Hey dude is this criticism something you want to aim towards Charisma Carpenter and Michelle Trachtenberg, too?

Or, you know, just at the black man that was trying to hold his boss accountable??

You're quoting someone from four pages and four days ago and you have posted in this thread since then. Stop trying to stir poo poo.

You're right, obviously. But stop trying to stir poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cartridgeblowers posted:

You're quoting someone from four pages and four days ago and you have posted in this thread since then. Stop trying to stir poo poo.

You're right, obviously. But stop trying to stir poo poo.

As someone who wasn’t really part of that conversation, I just take issue with the bit about “why don’t you talk about those two being vague” when the culture around victimization, hazing, and sexual assault in Hollywood has changed so much in the past few years, let alone since when Buffy aired. Just comes across as a really false equivalence so that someone can be mad about something and still feel righteous.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Vince MechMahon posted:

Someone on Twitter just suggest Glenn Howerton as Reed and now I don't want anything else.

You infected me with this desire.
"Yes, I provided our landlord with military-grade technology. On retrospect, this may have been a problem, but it was the logical decision given the available data at the time. Anyway, the damage is done and we need to look forward. Now shut up, I need to think here!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Thor 2 overall was so bad I almost didn’t see Thor 3 and that would have been a giant mistake.

I think a lot of people were at the least reluctant. I'm mean, they'd have probably went but they wouldn't be happy about it, but the first trailers with actual Humor and Levity did a lot for popular opinion.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1360971287472996357?s=20

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Every time this thread pushes me to try Ultron and Iron Man 3 again, I only feel more closely to my minority opinion. Ultron has flaws, but is fun to watch and introduces characters and beats that I like. Iron Man 3 has neat sequences, but the through line of the film is plodding.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Iron Man 3 is the best.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://youtu.be/DaOgZwk9rN8

Also really? “We live in a society”? :jerkbag:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A talking coyote posted:

Get ready for people defending that as "genius".

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
An unironic we live in a society might be the hackiest thing I have heard in a while

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, I love Iron Man 3, the whole anxiety attack stuff was something I'd never seen in an action film before.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Karloff posted:

Yeah, I love Iron Man 3, the whole anxiety attack stuff was something I'd never seen in an action film before.

It's also a really good Shane Black movie.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

A talking coyote posted:

This whole thing has been a massive undertaking to get the Joker to say "We live in a society" in a major motion picture. Great bit.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

If you’re going to make a multimillion dollar poo poo post it should at least be funny, and not give Jared Leto work preferably.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's just a little airborne! It's still good!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

A talking coyote posted:

It's not even a good line. "We live in a society where honour is a distant memory"? Come on now.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Angry Superman shouting to Gladiator music is exactly what I wanted in the first two seconds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The bulk of it looks at least unique enough from the thesaterical release to be worth giving a shot to be better but I really think they managed to make the bad guy look worse. Now instead of a generic bad guy he's just some shiny suit of armor or something.

SonicRulez posted:

Every time this thread pushes me to try Ultron and Iron Man 3 again, I only feel more closely to my minority opinion. Ultron has flaws, but is fun to watch and introduces characters and beats that I like. Iron Man 3 has neat sequences, but the through line of the film is plodding.

I like the PTSD stuff in Iron Man 3, I like the Mandarin stuff, there's a lot I like in it but I think it has kind of a lame end villain and I don't really feel the finale. Its fine but I think a bit jumbled.

Ultron's got a bunch of fun sequences but is kind of a mess as a narrative. I've actually seen it a bunch because I think those scenes are very easy to hav in the background. Its just got problems when you focus in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can’t wait to see the Joker’s trick.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

theironjef posted:

Angry Superman shouting to Gladiator music is exactly what I wanted in the first two seconds.

My wife saw that and said, “Why is Superman singing? Is it a musical? I might watch it if it’s a musical...”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

theironjef posted:

I watched with the sound off and subtitles on. The opening said (DRAMATIC MUSIC) so I'm just going to assume it's poor Leonard's 'Hallelujah' again.