Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

There's going to be a Qanon Catholic horror movie where an icon of Saint Romero starts haunting a family.

"What an odd-looking... figurine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Taco Duck posted:

Learned all about how the defeat of Donald Drumpf is a sign that something called the Three Days of Darkness is about to be upon us and we all need to stockpile candles of pure beeswax.

Unless you're an actual beekeeper, I'm not sure how you can be sure that the stuff you're buying from stores isn't unadulterated in some way. On the upside, if the Apocalypse does happen, at least you can blame capitalism for the red cinder the Earth will become :v:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Unless you're an actual beekeeper, I'm not sure how you can be sure that the stuff you're buying from stores isn't unadulterated in some way.

If you're an actual beekeper, how can you be sure the bees aren't unadulterated. :tinfoil:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ola posted:

If you're an actual beekeper, how can you be sure the bees aren't unadulterated. :tinfoil:

You have to interrogate them regularly and very loudly, every single one

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

All bees are unadulterated because they all just have the one wife

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Dohohoho

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

All bees are unadulterated because they all just have the one wife mother

Correction

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dude have you seen the queen, total MILF

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

VitalSigns posted:

Dude have you seen the queen, total MILF

Is this becoming a monster girls thread?

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Unless you're an actual beekeeper, I'm not sure how you can be sure that the stuff you're buying from stores isn't unadulterated in some way. On the upside, if the Apocalypse does happen, at least you can blame capitalism for the red cinder the Earth will become :v:

I can't imagine that catholic supply dot com would do me wrong.

https://shop.catholicsupply.com/3-day-100-beeswax-devotional-candle.aspx

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
$15 per candle? Well I guess now we know where dril's budgetary issues came from.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PT6A posted:

$15 per candle? Well I guess now we know where dril's budgetary issues came from.

No.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lammasu posted:

Is this becoming a monster girls thread?

ngl if I had a button that turned Qultists into monstergirls I'd pick up a jackhammer

Taco Duck posted:

I can't imagine that catholic supply dot com would do me wrong.

https://shop.catholicsupply.com/3-day-100-beeswax-devotional-candle.aspx

*Martin Luther rises from the grave, sighs, and starts writing again*

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Time for the article where a hot-Gospeller who has changed his politics, but not his religion, cross-checks Trump's behaviour for how well it correlates with that of the Antichrist:

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/

I have no religious belief, and it was surely a crap thing for posterity that the Book of Revelation grew in stature as a prophecy pertaining to the future, rather than a cryptic commentary on events that were near-current when it was written. But there have always been people like Trump, and they've always had the same MO, so the probable pen-portrait in the Book of Revelation of the Emperor Nero -- vain, selfish, and a disastrous ally, but still a successful populist and decryer of the 'elite' -- fits him pretty well:

It's pretty likely that the worst stuff attested to Nero was :stdh: because that's just what happened when someone got couped for whatever reason. You either destroyed his name from history or made up as much poo poo about it as possible so no one could ever think he was good. And the big stuff he was hated for was raising taxes to spend money on the poor. He was still popular enough that a bunch of potential claimants to the throne after his suicide called themselves Nero II.

Wouldn't be surprising for Christians to hate him enough to go along with bad-mouthing him.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Kchama posted:

It's pretty likely that the worst stuff attested to Nero was :stdh: because that's just what happened when someone got couped for whatever reason. You either destroyed his name from history or made up as much poo poo about it as possible so no one could ever think he was good. And the big stuff he was hated for was raising taxes to spend money on the poor. He was still popular enough that a bunch of potential claimants to the throne after his suicide called themselves Nero II.

Wouldn't be surprising for Christians to hate him enough to go along with bad-mouthing him.

Imagine that 2000 years from now, post-collapse historians are trying to piece together what the Obama presidency was like, but the only thing they have to go off of is an archive of Fox News articles and comment sections. I'd think that Dread Emperor Hussein-Obama would be viewed pretty similarly to the popular image of Nero we have nowadays.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Imagine that 2000 years from now, post-collapse historians are trying to piece together what the Obama presidency was like, but the only thing they have to go off of is an archive of Fox News articles and comment sections. I'd think that Dread Emperor Hussein-Obama would be viewed pretty similarly to the popular image of Nero we have nowadays.

Fig 2b: The Tansuit circa 2014 (reconstruction)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

One could only hope that the history books will paint an accurate picture of the Obama legacy of bombed out childrens' hospitals and weddings.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lib and let die posted:

One could only hope that the history books will paint an accurate picture of the Obama legacy of bombed out childrens' hospitals and weddings.

Hey. Let he who is without sin, etc.

Yes, I’m sure you’ve never personally approved a wedding bombing. But you’ve also never had the opportunity to do so, so how do you know what you’d do?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So my local Q person mentioned something about the supreme court doing a thing on the 18th. Any idea what the gently caress popped into their head on that one?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dirk the Average posted:

So my local Q person mentioned something about the supreme court doing a thing on the 18th. Any idea what the gently caress popped into their head on that one?

They're hearing the case on whether to install Trump as the secret Real President.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Zwabu posted:

They're hearing the case on whether to install Trump as the secret Real President.

I think you mean

Zwabu posted:

They're secretly hearing the secret case on whether to secretly install Trump as the secret Real President.

that way when nothing happens it's because:
it's too opsec; or
it did happen but it's a secret; or
you're on dodecasecret probation; or
anything that will allow them to continue to believe.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The most famous artist of the Third Renaissance will paint a picture of Obama in a tan suit, eating dijon mustard from the pot with a silver spoon (muslamically), while looking out of the white house windows to see the twin towers falling. It will be hailed as a masterpiece.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kchama posted:

Also known as the Catherine the Great principle.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

predicto posted:

Also known as the Catherine the Great principle.

Given that she's called "Catherine the Great" they didn't do a particularly good job.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Given that she's called "Catherine the Great" they didn't do a particularly good job.

That's based on user reviews I think, ref. Ivan the Terrible ⭐ (1.2)

They didn't have bot armies to manipulate aggregated feedback back then.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Lone Badger posted:

She gave the title to her self.
She really loved Peter. The Great, not the third. gently caress that guy.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Dirk the Average posted:

if they meant the 19th, that's the date the Supreme Court has a bunch of Lin Wood's and Sidney Powell's still-pending appeals up for review on its docket, and I assume the qanon people are assuming that this means they're about to rule on these cases in order to reverse the election in time for the "true" inauguration instead of dismissing them as moot because of laches

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Q followers cope with the shattering defeat and disappointment by deluding themselves that actually everything worked out for them. Biden and the Democrats are all either forced to play out their roles at gunpoint, being essentially prisoners in private, or otherwise clones. Meanwhile Trump totally succeeded at everything and remains president in secret and is completely carrying out his holy agenda.

In this manner Q-heads start staunchly defending the status quo and become centrists.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

The Lone Badger posted:

"Great" meaning "large" or "immense," they use it in the pejorative sense!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

She gave the title to her self.
She really loved Peter. The Great, not the third. gently caress that guy.

Like you wouldn't give yourself a grandiose title if you were in charge. Though the fact that it stuck even past her death no doubt infuriates her also dead enemies.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The stuff spread by her enemies make her sound awesome though ("no puny man dick could satisfy her gargantuan she-ra vagina, only the hugest horse cock for her pleasure!"), while all the stuff she was proud of was horrible (started a bunch of wars, murdered piles of people, enslaved tens of thousands, was indifferent to the serfs, generally was evil and greedy and lovely)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

VitalSigns posted:

The stuff spread by her enemies make her sound awesome though ("no puny man dick could satisfy her gargantuan she-ra vagina, only the hugest horse cock for her pleasure!"), while all the stuff she was proud of was horrible (started a bunch of wars, murdered piles of people, enslaved tens of thousands, was indifferent to the serfs, generally was evil and greedy and lovely)

Don't forget being Mother of the Year (lol)

To be fair though her son DID suck

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

wrong thread

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 19, 2021

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

VitalSigns posted:

Beastiality is pretty gross no matter how epic you make it sound dude

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Beastiality is pretty gross no matter how epic you make it sound dude

ugh you sound exactly like every rear end in a top hat stable manager I've ever dealt with

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

John F Kennedy Jr makes Elaine lose the contest in that episode of Seinfeld

e he ends up sleeping with Seinfeld's girlfriend

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 20, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1361733388122681348

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Don Gato posted:

Like you wouldn't give yourself a grandiose title if you were in charge. Though the fact that it stuck even past her death no doubt infuriates her also dead enemies.

Charles the Bald, Ethelread the Unready, and Edward Longshanks all up in heaven angrily demanding to have a word.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Charles the Bald, Ethelread the Unready, and Edward Longshanks all up in heaven angrily demanding to have a word.

Edward Longshanks is a freaking badass name. Dude was so huge and terrifying that a person literally died of a heart attack when he was yelling at him, that nickname wasn't mocking. Of course, Edward was also known as Malleus Scotorum so he had options.