Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Shear Modulus posted:

why do people care so much about the color of the passports? I don't get it

DO YOU REMEMBER (choose one)

- THE BLITZ
- THE BINS
- WHEN BIN MEN WERE HARD
- WOOLWORTHS
- BLUE PASSPORTS
- WHITE DOGSHIT

WE REMEMBER¡!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol the white dog poo poo is the funniest thing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Communist Thoughts posted:

My only concern is if the europeans push us too hard the British lion may wake

Then the EU executes order 1966.
They let England to get to the finals of some football tournament, maybe even win it.
England will get so distracted covering everything with the english flag and singing 'its coming home'.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
bring back the pic n mix. for the love of god, boris. i need three lbs of fizzy cola bottles

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

happyhippy posted:

They let England to get to the finals of some football tournament, maybe even win it.
England will get so distracted covering everything with the english flag and singing 'its coming home'.

Now that I think of it, I'm actually surprised Scotland hasn't just asked the EU to tell everyone to let England win the UEFA and then just slipped away while everyone south was too drunk to notice.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

barbecue at the folks posted:

Now that I think of it, I'm actually surprised Scotland hasn't just asked the EU to tell everyone to let England win the UEFA and then just slipped away while everyone south was too drunk to notice.
Change the UEFA rules to only count the win if the team represents a sovereign state. England secedes to not have Germany declared the official Winners.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

DO YOU REMEMBER (choose one)

- THE BLITZ
- THE BINS
- WHEN BIN MEN WERE HARD
- WOOLWORTHS
- BLUE PASSPORTS
- WHITE DOGSHIT

WE REMEMBER¡!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!

MARATHON BARS

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Actually, what is this about white dogshit? Is the only brown allowed in England a shirt?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I just realized what he reminds me of.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Actually, what is this about white dogshit? Is the only brown allowed in England a shirt?

The dogshit used to be white back in the 70s/80s

Some people pine for this because we live in a society in which nothing new can be made and can only reference things through nostalgia and pastiche

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!

happyhippy posted:

its coming home

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

MikeCrotch posted:

The dogshit used to be white back in the 70s/80s

Some people pine for this because we live in a society in which nothing new can be made and can only reference things through nostalgia and pastiche

Even funnier it was white because they were dumping tons of bone meal as a dirt cheap filler in the dog food. Literally nostalgic for a time before the government had to step in and be like "oh hey that's too stingy even for dogs".

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

mrmcd posted:

Even funnier it was white because they were dumping tons of bone meal as a dirt cheap filler in the dog food. Literally nostalgic for a time before the government had to step in and be like "oh hey that's too stingy even for dogs".
Brexit will cause every dog in Britain to die from Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

happyhippy posted:

that’s just the beginning, after that comes order 1066

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mrmcd posted:

Bone meal and chalk.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They put so much chalk and bone meal in the dogfood as filler that when it dried out it turned white.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Shear Modulus posted:

OLD WAYS BEST I moan dailymailiacally

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I just learned that Englishmen pine for white dogshit because dogshit being brown is somehow as bad as having forinners around and/or their fault and I think this sums up everything pretty nicely

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I remember white dogshit being everywhere, as a little kid having to really watch my step in the park, and on the street, and everywhere in public really.

Then those PC killjoys tightened up pet food standards and brought in big fines for not cleaning up your dog's turds. It's like Stalinist Russia.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shear Modulus posted:

Brexit is entirely about a nostslgic aesthetic where boomers demand that everything look like. it did when the Empire ruled the world while completely ignoring actual material needs

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Bring Back White Dogshite.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

White Shites Matter

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

Brexit is entirely about a nostslgic aesthetic where boomers demand that everything look like. it did when the Empire ruled the world while completely ignoring actual material needs

This is pretty much how Brexity Boomers see the world:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGw5DKX6U6w

This was all intended as an exaggerated parody of jingoistic Victoriana but you could run this today and at least half the population would take it seriously...or think that it wasn't nationalistic enough.

I think this is the sort of thing Boris Johnson sees when he closes his eyes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
lmao

This is seriously incredible.

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Feb 18, 2021

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shear Modulus posted:

In children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), there is an ongoing pattern of uncooperative, defiant, and hostile behavior toward authority figures that seriously interferes with the child's day to day functioning.

Symptoms of ODD may include:

Frequent temper tantrums
Excessive arguing with adults
Often questioning rules
Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
Frequent anger and resentment
Mean and hateful talking when upset
Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

In children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), there is an ongoing pattern of uncooperative, defiant, and hostile behavior toward authority figures that seriously interferes with the child's day to day functioning.

Symptoms of ODD may include:

Frequent temper tantrums
Excessive arguing with adults
Often questioning rules
Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior
Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
Frequent anger and resentment
Mean and hateful talking when upset
Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking

Being 15 Syndrome

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I'm 'liking' the scare quotes here:

George Floyd: Manchester mural 'defaced by racists' for second time

BBC posted:

A mural paying tribute to George Floyd in Manchester has been defaced by "racists" for a second time, a councillor has said.

Look how can we know the people who wrote n*gger on it first then cut off his face when it was repainted were racists.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Brexit is entirely about a nostslgic aesthetic where boomers demand that everything look like. it did when the Empire ruled the world while completely ignoring actual material needs their dicks still worked and they could see their feet

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

If we just find some Irish for the paratroopers to shoot and start another Rhodesia somewhere then the glory of the empire will be restored.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Pryor on Fire posted:

If we just find some Irish for the paratroopers to shoot and start another Rhodesia somewhere then the glory of the empire will be restored.

Another Mau Mau uprising to warcrime

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

I just learned that Englishmen pine for white dogshit because dogshit being brown is somehow as bad as having forinners around and/or their fault and I think this sums up everything pretty nicely

It just tasted better imo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

from what i understand you're building a tunnel for easier access to the irish so

Swaegsthetics
Jul 8, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

a maskoff UK trying to start an oldschool colony on its own somewhere would be one of the funniest things ever to have happened because not only would you get blown out of the water wherever you tried to land but london itself would be ashes shortly thereafter

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

This will be the Scots/Scotland.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Continuity NIP posted:

Being 15 Syndrome

i blame leaded petrol

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
White dogshit is a memory I stored in the deepest part of my brain and I am forever grateful to the thread for unearthing it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation

redleader posted:

i blame leaded petrol

Think most of these have died out and it's just old people mad the world has changed and that despite everything being poo poo we didn't have phones and pcs in my day these ungrateful shits

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Jose posted:

Think most of these have died out and it's just old people mad the world has changed and that despite everything being poo poo we didn't have phones and pcs in my day these ungrateful shits

quote:

In June of that year [1986], unleaded petrol went on sale in the UK, and by 1988, it was available in 11% of filling stations.

so the brexiteering boomers we love so much had been exposed to shitloads of lead throughout their lives. i'm convinced that leaded fuels are the reason so many boomers act like children

also v funny how easy it was to get scientists to say "oh, of course lead in petrol is safe"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Oh lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

redleader posted:

so the brexiteering boomers we love so much had been exposed to shitloads of lead throughout their lives. i'm convinced that leaded fuels are the reason so many boomers act like children

also v funny how easy it was to get scientists to say "oh, of course lead in petrol is safe"

I had this argument with some I LOVE SCIENCE types who were arguing that you can only prove things with randomised controlled trials

I pointed out that there are no randomised double blind trials proving that cigarettes give you cancer or that leaded petrol gives you brain damage