Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ElMaligno posted:

My current flavor of the month are Playing through all official DOOM wads in UV (finished DOOM EP1-4, now on DOOM II) AND FF XIV because i hate myself.

this entire post is fully n4b approved

now do tnt and plutonium

edit: the first time i played doom ever was at a friends house, and he told me that if i didnt play UV then i was a bitch. Ive never played below uv since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Next play though half life and all the good mods

(I will provide all the good mods on request)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Cp2077 third playthrough

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this entire post is fully n4b approved

now do tnt and plutonium

edit: the first time i played doom ever was at a friends house, and he told me that if i didnt play UV then i was a bitch. Ive never played below uv since

I am still looking for a particular DOOM mod the vanilla smooth weapons, i know CV11 uses it in his doom series but i cannot loving find it.

M_Gargantua posted:

Next play though half life and all the good mods

(I will provide all the good mods on request)

I did a replayed all of half life, black mesa and HL2, HL2:EP1 and, HL2:EP2 literary last year. i should finish ep2 and i should play blue shift and opposing forces. but meh.

EDIT

CommieGIR posted:

Cp2077 third playthrough

i want to upgrade my computer before i do this one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

It was the mid-90s for me. Wolfenstein too. Something like a year or two after they were released, they were in discount bins or on clearance af kmart.

Latest update to state of decay 2 has made it rather easy. Played after the update, before my power brick died again, and was having an absolute walk in the park in a dread zone. Lethal zone isn't bad either if you don't mind taking your time. Lots of time camping on billboards or the tops of semi trailers.

Frostpunk is some serious self abuse. The power supply dying (being beaten until it stopped screaming) was probably a blessing in disguise, breaking my addiction for a few days.

By the time I get a series S or X, CP2077 will be on discount regularly enough that I might buy it for $15, or just wait until it hits game pass. Probably game pass.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 15, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i just want the beavis and butthead sound wad i had back then

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

I've seen some talk of Frostpunk in this thread and it's on sale on steam...worth it?

Also is it worth spending the 30$ to get all the DLC or whatever since that's on a deep sale for the bundle?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know about $30, but it's on game pass so that's how I've been playing it. Definitely watch some videos first to see if it's your thing.

I've spent more on games I've played less, though.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

I am still looking for a particular DOOM mod the vanilla smooth weapons, i know CV11 uses it in his doom series but i cannot loving find it.

Pretty sure he uses Beautiful Doom, which incorporates Smooth Doom. What settings he uses in the mod itself is a whole other question.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/beautiful-doom-6100

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=50004

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Finished the Refugees scenario in the Texas simulator (Frostpunk), medium is becoming easy mode. After Winterhome I'm moving on to hard on everything. Refugees took about 2 hours on medium.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Let me know how you go with Winterhome, it's the only one I haven't finished

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got creamed in my first stab, didn't realize what was going on at first. Setting absolutely everyone to dismantling buildings and working towards researching infirmaries is how my next stab will go.

Also I snatched up engineers from a weather station and that killed my weather forecasts, so maybe leave that one close to the base alone at first. If it's above -30, I'm not even turning on the generator.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I lost winterhome because I didn't balance my engineers well enough, ill need to have another go. The DLC is good too

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know if the DLC is on xbox or not, it's the vanilla game on game pass. I don't want to buy the DLC if the game is going to eventually slip out of game pass, but we'll see.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh fair enough!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Finished Winterhome on medium. Push for the infirmary fast and build at least 2, use Overcrowding to squeeze everyones' rear end because there's the big medical run early on. I went the faith route to keep the hope pushed up.

You don't need to cram everyone in the dreadnought at the end. I sent all my kids that weren't working and nowhere near enough supplies for cabins or food, still threw achievements at me for it. I'm sure there's one for taking 500 people, but it's a crunch to get the steel for the extra cabin space.

I had one stab at it earlier, couldn't make everyone happy enough by day 10 so I started over and finished in 2 hours.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I guess Nintendo is doing some sort of event at 5 Eastern. Most of the people I've seen online wildly speculating are assuming BOTW2 and Mario Kart 9 are getting announced.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 17, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cvs motm on switch

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/02/snk_vs_capcom_one_of_video_gamings_greatest_crossovers_is_now_available_on_switch

skyward sword hd too

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Anyone else catch the direct? I saw the end and am scrubbing through the rest. Splatoon 3 (2022) got announced finally, no BOTW2 info just Skyward Sword HD. Can't wait to play Fall Guys on the go. Ninja Gaiden collection, Capcom arcade collection, Mario collab for Animal Crossing.

The Octopath Traveler team is making a "tactics" type game called Project Triangle Strategy. I think there is a demo in the store already like they did with Octopath. Really hate their naming conventions, originally Octopath Traveler was Project Octopath Traveler if I am remembering correctly. I was hoping they would give it a better name but they obviously didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAUCRImUpis

Didn't see anything about Mario Kart or Metroid.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Project Triangle looks like a Final Fantasy Tactics ripoff, so I will probably buy that sucker

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

US Berder Patrol posted:

Project Triangle looks like a Final Fantasy Tactics ripoff, so I will probably buy that sucker

It's got a dragoon impaling someone from great height in the trailer, possibly after betrayal. It's gotta be the new FFT.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I guess we are getting a Diablo 2 remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLljGpN9puo

Does have console support, might be good on the Switch (assumed it's coming out for it).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ok diablo 2 switch ill do

d3 sucked but console d3 isnt bad? if that makes sense

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I cannot believe it has been over 20 years since D2 came out. I was at nerd camp that summer and we staged a daring operation to burn the CDs of the one dude who had his mom next-day him his pre-order during a Smash Brothers tournament.

And my brother definitely prefers D3 console over D3 PC. I only ever played PC. It was fine I guess. I certainly got my money's worth.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'd buy a D2 remaster in a heartbeat, as long as they don't mess with it too much. Spent thousands of hours playing that poo poo

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

now do tnt and plutonium

This sentence, despite only containing 5 words (and no curses), is one of the most rude I've ever encountered in any language.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

It was this thread or the Doom thread, either way I thought the jump in difficulty from Inferno/UV to Thy Flesh Consumed/UV was a harsh wake-up call. Maybe I had played too much Doom 2 and was missing the double-barreled demon's bane too much, but sweet satan the first level or two were painful. After I was able to get the chaingun and rocket launcher things seem to level off a bit.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ok diablo 2 switch ill do

d3 sucked but console d3 isnt bad? if that makes sense

I think D3 got good eventually, it was just way too late for most people to notice/care

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

This sentence, despite only containing 5 words (and no curses), is one of the most rude I've ever encountered in any language.

It was this thread or the Doom thread, either way I thought the jump in difficulty from Inferno/UV to Thy Flesh Consumed/UV was a harsh wake-up call. Maybe I had played too much Doom 2 and was missing the double-barreled demon's bane too much, but sweet satan the first level or two were painful. After I was able to get the chaingun and rocket launcher things seem to level off a bit.

i replayed 1 on UV and doing 2 on switch, its an astoundingly good port and jesus the digital foundry videos on the doom ports are interesting as gently caress if youre a doomer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRIvHF-msJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WUbyZaPRm0

this talk a lot about the weirdo dev of doom 64 and the fact its born from the saturn version of doom is pretty awesome

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey also i grabbed tony hawk 1+2

MOST of the music is in it. The ones they couldnt have been replaced as best as possible. Sell Out by Reel Big Fish has been replaced with She's Famous Now, which still works completely. Superman from Goldfinger, RATM, and Primus are all still in.

It does a way better job of making it feel like a tony hawk than the 360/ps3 remakes

i got it on ps4 but yeah its good

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 20, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
You by Bad Religion was the best one in tony hawk, just 2 minutes of hell yea

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

orange juche posted:

I'd buy a D2 remaster in a heartbeat, as long as they don't mess with it too much. Spent thousands of hours playing that poo poo

Judging by how closely the new art style has the same feel of the old one despite the old style looking the way it does due to technological limitations and not the true artistic vision, I think it's a good bet they learned from WC3 Reforged and are not gonna try to upgrade like, anything.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You by Bad Religion was the best one in tony hawk, just 2 minutes of hell yea

hes not wrong

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't remember what game it was, definitely racing, but it had 8stops7 on the soundtrack and I was loving shocked because I didn't know anyone who had a clue who they were. Think it was a Gran Turismo.

Frostpunk, just Winterhome and Endless left to do on hard, then it's on to the self hatred that is extreme.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't remember what game it was, definitely racing, but it had 8stops7 on the soundtrack and I was loving shocked because I didn't know anyone who had a clue who they were. Think it was a Gran Turismo.

Frostpunk, just Winterhome and Endless left to do on hard, then it's on to the self hatred that is extreme.

they were on gran turismo 3 and a tony hawk knockoff

https://vgost.fandom.com/wiki/Street_Sk8er_2

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey also i grabbed tony hawk 1+2

MOST of the music is in it. The ones they couldnt have been replaced as best as possible. Sell Out by Reel Big Fish has been replaced with She's Famous Now, which still works completely. Superman from Goldfinger, RATM, and Primus are all still in.

It does a way better job of making it feel like a tony hawk than the 360/ps3 remakes

i got it on ps4 but yeah its good

Yeah I bought it at launch and dumped like 80 hours into it. It's really good. Really hoping for some THPS 3 DLC at some point.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

their warcraft 3 remaster was bad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I bought it at launch and dumped like 80 hours into it. It's really good. Really hoping for some THPS 3 DLC at some point.

god the 360/ps3 remake was so so so so bad

this is the opposite. its obvious they cared about making it feel and control like the old ones. the levels are updated visually but still play the same.

the music is still the best part about it, you play it and it's the 90s/early 2000s again. AND it does split screen vs/co-op/free skate like the old days.

its still EGS only for pc though. :(

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

PookBear posted:

their warcraft 3 remaster was bad

cannot be stressed enough. blizzard deserves no trust

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I felt such a huge relief nuking my blizzard account a couple years back during the HK protests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Patware posted:

cannot be stressed enough. blizzard deserves no trust

Related to the THPS remaster, the team that worked on that is now working on the Diablo II remaster FWIW. Which also likely means no THPS 3 DLC anytime soon :(

Still going to wait till it's released before I even think about buying it, but considering how wonderful the THPS remaster was, I'm optimistic.

Also related, they made a documentary about THPS last summer that was really really fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFpOA1Dr6v8

two huge take aways watching it...

-Rodney Mullen is highly underrated and I would love to just hang out with that dude and talk.

-Tony Hawk made quite possibly one of the best business decisions by an athlete by electing to turn down a one time payment from Activision (500K IIRC) and opting to instead take a percentage of all sales from the franchise. He also comes across as a genuinely really cool and smart dude beyond skateboarding.