Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rumda posted:

It was literally all over every newsfeed with any interests even tangentially connected to gender or comics in the summer, and it was posted in the ukmt at the time as well

Well I know now and will use them in future. Bit poo poo to be so needlessly hostile about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rumda posted:

It was literally all over every newsfeed with any interests even tangentially connected to gender or comics in last year, and it was posted in the ukmt at the time as well

This may surprise you but I skip posts here all the time as well as reading 0 news sources about comics as most of my comics stuff is TV shows

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

Well I know now and will use them in future. Bit poo poo to be so needlessly hostile about it though.

Na I've had it with giving the cis any sort of latitude it lets you get away with way too much

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rumda posted:

Na I've had it with giving the cis any sort of latitude it lets you get away with way too much

thank you for putting the rabid hotbed of transphobia that is the UKMT in its place

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Hey when you all jump in with a lovely troll to attack a trans woman

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Necrothatcher posted:

This is the point where you need to step back and think about what you're doing, just for future reference.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rumda posted:

Hey when you all jump in with a lovely troll to attack a trans woman

I am with Rumda on this one. I don't think it was particularly aggressive anyway.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It wasn't even hostile

Rumda posted:

Grant Morrison uses They/Them if your going to slander them don't misgender them as well.

Unless an implied "I disagree with your opinion" is hostile now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The boys show is a lot better than the comic

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It wasn't even hostile

Unless an implied "I disagree with your opinion" is hostile now

Na a minority exasperatedly pointing out microaggressions is automatically hostile

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jose posted:

I skip posts here all the time

Mods!!!!

It was a needlessly hostile way to deal with it by Rumda when it’s clear Jose didn’t even know but let’s cut Rumda some slack - trans people get a poo poo deal so let’s not pile on.

E: do you consider accidental misgendering, when the person literally didn’t know that the person had recently switched pronouns, to be a micro aggression? I feel that’s a little harsh.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Mods!!!!

It was a needlessly hostile way to deal with it by Rumda when it’s clear Jose didn’t even know but let’s cut Rumda some slack - trans people get a poo poo deal so let’s not pile on.

Way to take a lovely centrist position...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah it's not that hostile on a reread I'm sorry for saying it was

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

E: do you consider accidental misgendering, when the person literally didn’t know that the person had recently switched pronouns, to be a micro aggression? I feel that’s a little harsh.

Isn't that literally the definition of microaggression where you do something small and likely unintentional that nonetheless contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Mods!!!!

Yes of course it is, if you do it knowing their preferred pronouns then it's a straight up full aggression

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1kvKponDvdXxE

Get ready for a "call to arms"

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I have no idea who Grant Morisson even are, and no I'm too lazy to google.

Given that I spend significant time reading news every day I'd argue it wasn't all over them.

e: Also I don't have twitter.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 18, 2021

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't that literally the definition of microaggression where you do something small and likely unintentional that nonetheless contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere?

Yeah, but I assumed that required it being literally possible for the person to do otherwise. Sorry I’m not calling for people to have psychic knowledge/an hourly updated ledger of every famous person they might talk about’s pronouns.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Secure Contain Protect

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Yeah, but I assumed that required it being literally possible for the person to do otherwise. Sorry I’m not calling for people to have psychic knowledge/an hourly updated ledger of every famous person they might talk about’s pronouns.

When makes it especially lovely is to keep treating it like it was hostile when even the person who it was directed to has apologised for thinking it was

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Secure
Protect
Rebuild

I am excited for this what I can only presume is a fascist takeover! Whoop!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Rumda posted:

When makes it especially lovely is to keep treating it like it was hostile when even the person who it was directed to has apologised for thinking it was

Well i apologise for that too then.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

He really does look like he's perpetually trying to poo poo out a breeze block

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

You don't have to, you just have to take the correction...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Desiderata posted:

Secure Contain Protect
Kiether-class SCPs are anomalies that are exceedingly difficult to express consistently or reliably, with containment procedures often being superficial and changing.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Could they at least frame the loving camera right for this Starmer speech. Amateur hour over here.

Already the atmosphere of 1945 reference which apparently Starmer has personal experience with. loving idiot.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Starmer not apologizing for criticizing the government. Really hard hitting opposition this.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wartime spirit. Rubble of the Blitz. Homes for heroes after the war.

Motherfucker

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Does changing your pronouns to they them make you trans?

Genuine question I wouldn't have thought of someone who just asks to be called that as trans
Are all NB people considered trans not cis?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
don't loving make me be rooting for coohoolin, reality :cripes:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
At least Starmer is right about the Tories being vacuous windbags who don't do anything

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They can smell their own.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flayer posted:

At least Starmer is right about the Tories being vacuous windbags who don't do anything

And if you like that, then boy do we have the thing for you!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
And now for the real change, which I am apparently quoting verbatim from the IMF

What a sad sack

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
"issue bonds"

"innovative"

"bold"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

"Under my leadership, Labour's priority will always be financial responsibility."

loving sign me up, chief.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1362362408682090496?s=21

lol, holy poo poo

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

this is basically drivel.

Who is this speech for? Times columnists?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

"Sigh, look, you don't get it. I did it for money."

To make it in journalism you gotta go fash for cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

This is personal to me because my dad worked in t' factory everyday of his life, so he did.