Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

One of the dumb things that was repeated constantly throughout my education was that every breath you inhale has some infinitesimally small number of air atoms from Julius Caesar's last breath :wth: and immediately I was like well wouldn't it also contain the same atoms of fart? Guess which is somehow the less scientific premise.

by the superposition principle every breath u take contains at least 1 atom of every fart that ever forte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

brugroffil posted:

Memphis got 8 inches of snow Monday and 8 inches again yesterday. They usually get less than an inch a year.

It's been loving crazy. Temps in the teens. We have a boil water order now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dixon Chisholm posted:

It's been loving crazy. Temps in the teens. We have a boil water order now.

You live in a place where your well-being has been traded off for money

You shouldn't have a boil water advisory just because it's cold. Your rulers have abandoned you.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Every ounce of water in the world has passed through Donald Trump's dick at some point in his life.

theres a non zero chance you've drank a water molecule that at one time was part of president trumps piss stream

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Spergin Morlock posted:

theres a non zero chance you've drank a water molecule that at one time was part of president trumps piss stream

Piss Vape is real

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You live in a place where your well-being has been traded off for money

You shouldn't have a boil water advisory just because it's cold. Your rulers have abandoned you.

No poo poo we're sold like cattle here. Like that's supposed to be news to me?

Water mains have busted and the claim is low pressure and pipe ruptures can let in bacteria.

Check out the 'press release'. It says tell your neighbors and your schools, cause apparently MLGW can't. I only know about the boil order because a jobsite I work sent out a robocall letting people know.

https://twitter.com/MLGW/status/1362543966747570177?s=20

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol just saw that covid has reduced the american life expectancy by an entire year

Decades for some Americans

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

You've almost certainly breathed the same air as one famous person or another, etc, our military is working on a way to weaponize this

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

don't worry guys, we've crunched the numbers and it turns out all we need to do is wear three masks at once now

https://twitter.com/yeetgenstein/status/1362438679306895360

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I can think of about 28 million people who breathed the same air in the past 12 months

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

fosborb posted:

this is also a good chart using the same data

i guess

from: Reopening Florida schools followed by uptick in COVID-19 infections, Ben-Gurion U. study
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-01/aabu-rfs010521.php

Why does the rate start out lower before the schools open for the remote kids? I guess just because they're probably from wealthier homes?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

don't worry guys, we've crunched the numbers and it turns out all we need to do is wear three masks at once now

https://twitter.com/yeetgenstein/status/1362438679306895360

A single N95, worn correctly: 95%

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Water mains have busted and the claim is low pressure and pipe ruptures can let in bacteria.

Check out the 'press release'. It says tell your neighbors and your schools, cause apparently MLGW can't. I only know about the boil order because a jobsite I work sent out a robocall letting people know.

ah a tweet telling other people to warn of their negligence. seems like their liability is covered

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Chamale posted:

The CDC still recommends against N95, unless something recently changed.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Chamale posted:

two N95s, worn correctly: 190%

checkmate :smug:

edit:

bedpan posted:

the CDC also recommends opening schools

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Jigsaw posted:

poo poo- !!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

still just smdh over the notion that our vaccines, very effective and developed faster than any other vaccines in history, might be rendered useless by the time they're available to the general public because we refuse any policy but open 'er up

bedpan posted:

yes, you see, n95s are difficult to wear and cause even seasoned doctors and nurses to pass out if worn for more than a few minutes

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
But I can put one on an intern and have him do hard labor at 50C in a chemical haze no sweat

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Well, lots of sweat, but they seem to survive

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Come up to my P200 level

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Just found out I can get vaccinated tomorrow. :f5:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Come up to my P200 level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4gP7SK8nGg

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Chamale posted:

listen if we can't shift the blame for people catching covid to them not wearing 3 masks then I just don't know how our country can weather completely loving up its PPE response and distribution

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jigsaw posted:

edit:

the CDC also recommends opening schools

95 + 95 = 2000. learn to math.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ArfJason posted:

someone sent me this and i thought, man, it seems CSPAM has been making use of this a lot lately!

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1362537380658380800?s=20

not gonna lie i prewrite all my emails and hand them out to strangers to check this kind of thing so this will save me a shitload of time.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Forseti posted:

Why does the rate start out lower before the schools open for the remote kids? I guess just because they're probably from wealthier homes?

the parents choosing remote learning are likely to be safer in other areas of life as well

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

Just found out I can get vaccinated tomorrow. :f5:

:f5: for vaccines crew

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
We can start licking train seats again!

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1362603941205315584?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. There's a water main break here and bc of the weather they keep pushing back fixing it. We've been using a camping water filter. Hopefully next week?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

gf is gonna be able to get a vaccine soon supposedly, which is a big relief since she's a teacher they keep trying to push back into school. Just hope she can get the second shot before they manage to force her school to reopen

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Wait a second, people actually drink tap water and use it to cook? Lol are you people insane, water makes up 70% of the human body, you don't skimp out on that poo poo. Just buy big 5 gallon jugs (that can be recycled). There's a reason the ruling class drinks perrier.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

fosborb posted:

the parents choosing remote learning are likely to be safer in other areas of life as well

Oh yeah. That makes sense too

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

human garbage bag posted:

Wait a second, people actually drink tap water and use it to cook? Lol are you people insane, water makes up 70% of the human body, you don't skimp out on that poo poo. Just buy big 5 gallon jugs (that can be recycled). There's a reason the ruling class drinks perrier.

Look out, we got General Ripper over here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some of us live places where the tap water actually gets treated properly

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:thunk:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol, you drink that trash? your body is fundamentally made up of protons and neutrons and electrons. i open my maw and engulf the high intensity beam of a particle accelerator to replenish myself.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

Some of us live places where the tap water actually gets treated properly

treated properly according to who?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mawarannahr posted:

treated properly according to who?

your girlfriend lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

NO ONE CARES

BACK TO WORK

OPEN ER UP

I was upset today to find people openly not wearing their masks at their desks anymore, come to find out company policy changed that says you don't have to wear it if you are further than 12' from somebody.