Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Just noticed something about Monica in the newest episode.
When she goes back into Westview, her eyes are blue. Clearly referencing her new powers. In the end credits scene, when she is examining the house her eyes are normal. Until she opens the basement, then they glow the same color as Agatha's powers.

The tentacles/roots that were on the stairwell and walls were also glowing purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LegionAreI posted:

The reveal: I know some people are annoyed about the possible direction it's going but god drat if that wasn't one of the best ways to do something people were expecting, within the context of the show. I smiled so hard my face almost split in half. "AND I KILLED SPARKY TOO!"

I love this dumb show and I don't want it to end.

And her cackle! "Agatha All Along" was just perfect. Hahn's always been good but man.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Did anyone think anything of the few frames we saw of dottie with her roses when the fight on Wanda's lawn happened? Almost as short as the 'I know what you did Wanda' was.
They're hinting that Dottie is actually the vengeance demon, Anyanka. It's going to be one hell of a crossover event.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Roman posted:

Saw this on twitter. I don't remember the specifics of the Dr. Strange scene. guess I'll spoiler just in case?

All I can see when I look at the book is Stan Lee's face. Like it's a pair of sunglasses, a nose, and a mustache?

Everyone else sees it right?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Timeless Appeal posted:

Everyone else sees it right?
I do now. Excelsior!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Until this episode I never really realized how traumatized Wanda is. She had to kill the love of her life to save the universe, then had him resurrected and killed in front of her.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Doom2020! posted:

Sorry- might have worded that poorly. I'll try and only spoil the episode stuff to avoid black block but I really don't want to spoil anything for goons. I didn't mean that I wanted the bad guy to be Mephisto or Nightmare using an Agatha illusion rather than Agatha herself, rather I want Wanda to be the real reason behind all this and Nightmare/Agatha is just looking to manipulate her power and exploit her fragile state of mind.

It's just a personal preference and what I feel would be stronger. I said this a few pages ago. I would prefer no real cackling villain making these things happen but Wanda, the hero, becoming the "bad" guy due to her inability to deal with the very real grief. Grief isn't something you can punch or send nukes upon and, with someone like Wanda, only makes it worse. That appeals to me and would turn Wanda into a really sympathetic villain if the Strange rumours already discussed in the thread are true. To tie it back with old comics: the execution wasn't the best but, as a kid, I was fascinated with these stories of fallen heroes like Green Arrow and Green Lantern. Something about these confident, trained and powerful heroes having to learn that even they have limitations appeals to me. Those grandiose heroes unable to cope with all their godlike power and still being impotent to save the ones they love? That has meat to it. Again the execution was meh and they took all that back later but as a 90s kid it made my brain think about things I might not have otherwise and still hits hard when I see it. Or to put it another way
"They look like good big strong hands, don't they?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-OpTHixpU

If it goes more traditional and this was all some bad guy shenanigans then sure.... that would work. I would just prefer something different.

Non spoiler for any of the guys that haven't seen: good show and episode.... hope you like it.

edit: Jesus thinking back the Neverending Story was a great movie that really blew a lot of kid minds. Compared to most other kiddie fare it really hit like no other. I wore out the VHS then DVDs and probably annoyed my parents but really.... good stuff.

There's nothing I've seen that truly contradicts that take on things. We've seen several instance where Wanda has been presented with a choice between allowing something to disturb/change her sitcom reality and suppressing/ejecting it. She's gone for the latter every single time. She rewound time to keep Vision from seeing the Bee guy, booted out Monica, actively hidden things from Vision and ultimate expanded her fake reality to encompassing many more homes and businesses to save Vision. Whether Wanda consciously started the WandaVision world, isn't that relevant. We have seen her make multiple conscious choices to keep it going and make it grow because in the end she wants what she wants.

Also, at this point, I'd just like to see some kind of Wanda/Vision/Darcy/Jimmy double-date camper road trip or something.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lammasu posted:

Until this episode I never really realized how traumatized Wanda is. She had to kill the love of her life to save the universe, then had him resurrected and killed in front of her.

On top of that she had to see him all dismantled and not given a proper burial. That's a hell lot of trauma. Worst part is that it seems none of the other (the few ones left) Avengers noticed or gave any sort of emotional support.

Edit: Rogers is gone, Tony is gone, Natasha is gone, Clint was dealing with his own issues, Banner barely knows her, Thor is dealing with his own trauma and barely knows her, Ant-man barely knows her. She's completely alone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

.Z. posted:

I didn't see this posted yet (might have missed it) but Kathryn Hahn is the one singing the song. :allears:

Agatha getting her own villain song is so fun. I love her, she's such a fun kind of evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Maybe the cameo is Patrick Stewart but not as Prof X.

As someone else, shows up as Avery Bullock.

"Ah! Monica, Jimmy! Come in, we are shooting guns and doing cocaine!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

twistedmentat posted:

As someone else, shows up as Avery Bullock.

"Ah! Monica, Jimmy! Come in, we are shooting guns and doing cocaine!"

I gonna gonna say Picard and re-enacting 'Didn't I?' at the end, but that's much better.

It's Always Sunny In Westview?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Lammasu posted:

Also keep in mind that even though that happened five years ago, Wanda got snapped and came back, so to her all those events happened a few weeks ago.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
It seems silly to drive a space truck at full speed toward a mysterious barrier.

Has she heard of the concept of "schooching forward a bit"?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Given the revelations at the end, one question should be "Has Paul Bettany ever worked with Keanu Reeves?"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The kid (Tommy?) saying,"You're quiet on the inside" was also deeply unsettling.

My theory is that Agatha is dead, which is why Billy says that. She and Vision can only live inside the Hex

The hard turn to that song was goddamned amazing. Also, I thought Olsen, once again, was very good in this

Tying this into my theory too:

Mokinokaro posted:

Yep. This fits way too well. My suspicion is that WANDA used the Darkhold to create the hex
edit: alsa this, I remember this seeming noteworthy too

live with fruit posted:

She got very interested when Billy or Tommy asked Wanda to bring the dog back to life and now we know she's the one who killed the dog so it seems like she's interested in bringing someone back from the dead.

text editor fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 20, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Agnes doesnt wear her broach in scenes after the kids are born, and in her reveal, the kids are missing and she has it again. I think the kids were fake using broach magic and she has re-absorbed them into it
Brooch talk:

She's not wearing in the "you want me to hold the babies" scene where she's in Jane Fonda Workout Gear, but she is wearing it late in the same episode when she offers to take the boys and Sparky on a walk, and again later when Sparky turns up dead. So it doesn't totally disappear after the kids are born, at least.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

It's a visual cue for the viewers that Hero X is doing this, or in the case of the infinity stones, this is a Power/Mind/etc effect

Next you'll tell me every person with a red lightsaber is a bad guy

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I do kind of wonder about what happened When Agatha wanted Wanda to look at the mole on her back. It seemed cut weird, kind of like when we saw in the earlier episodes the stuff that was cut out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

GigaPeon posted:

It seems silly to drive a space truck at full speed toward a mysterious barrier.

Has she heard of the concept of "schooching forward a bit"?

I liked that the space truck had a big V8 in it.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

seaborgium posted:

I do kind of wonder about what happened When Agatha wanted Wanda to look at the mole on her back. It seemed cut weird, kind of like when we saw in the earlier episodes the stuff that was cut out.

To be fair, "Hey, would you look at this weird, gross thing that's growing on my skin?" is actually a pretty good way to get somebody to hustle you out of their house. Agatha wanted the kids out of there because they'd keep pushing Mom to find Dad. Agatha wanted Wanda to be alone and kind of depressed. The kids being there worked against that so she came and got them. And then used the mole thing as part of a "sitcomy" way to get Wanda to want her and the kids out of there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zero One posted:

I liked that the space truck had a big V8 in it.

don't you know? combustion engines work great in space!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Okay I should be doing more productive things but I looked up as many "Ralphs" as I could find that exist in the Marvel Comics universe, and the list is incredibly thin.

One of the only Ralphs that appeared more than once is Ralph Roberts, aka The Cobalt Man. He was an early X-Men villain, and apparently blew up and died in his second appearance in a Hulk comic. He's appeared in a grand total of eighteen comics since his first appearance in 1967, and it seems like he gets blown up in about half of them and then I guess by the time someone thinks to use him again, they forget he got blown up a few years prior.

Agnes's husband Ralph is (I assume) not Cobalt Man. Pretty much every other Ralph (countless hapless police officers, the original Nova's dead uncle, a racist South African landlord, two different Hydra agents, an alcoholic whose corpse was used to resurrect Pip the Troll in the Infinity Gauntlet, one of Iceman's racist neighbors, a beat poet from an Ann Nocenti comic, a drunk driver who burned at the touch of the Man-Thing) appeared once and died in their only appearance.

BUT. There is a character who fits into the hypothetical "sitcom actor" mold. Who has worked alongside Katherine Hahn. Who is kind of a Ralph. Who is known for long cons and died/faked his own death:

I would be fine with this casting for the non-Ralph role everyone is assuming "Ralph" is.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Everyone posted:

To be fair, "Hey, would you look at this weird, gross thing that's growing on my skin?" is actually a pretty good way to get somebody to hustle you out of their house. Agatha wanted the kids out of there because they'd keep pushing Mom to find Dad. Agatha wanted Wanda to be alone and kind of depressed. The kids being there worked against that so she came and got them. And then used the mole thing as part of a "sitcomy" way to get Wanda to want her and the kids out of there.

Oh, I got that part. It just seemed cut weirdly, like it was more than that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still pretty sure that Agatha isn't the true villain, but it's gonna be Nightmare controlling her or working through her. Agatha likely accompanied Wanda when she went to free Vision, since we've seen a pair of feet in the footage that isn't accounted for. Then when Wanda brought Vision back, maybe through attempting to recreate the Mind Stone, she and Agatha used magic and something went wrong. Either Agatha was already not herself, or at this point when the world was created, evil Agatha was created too. But I think the key moment is definitely when Wanda went to free Vision where this world was created.

And since we know this leads into Dr. Strange 2, I think the actual villain won't be stopped in this series, but Wanda will join Dr. Strange to go after the real villain because of what happened in this series, and potentially to rescue the twins. Since we know America Chavez is in the next Dr. Strange too, it makes a lot of sense for her to meet Billy and Tommy.

Also yeah it's still Fox Quicksilver and he'll save the town from whatever the dick SWORD director has planned.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

So does anyone have any theories about why in the intro to episode 7 Friday the tenth has a heart on it, similar to how in the first episode there was a heart on August the 23'rd? Because I'll admit I'm drawing a blank.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Theory I saw on twitter re:the shark commercial that may tie into next episode: The shark's surfboard is purple like Agatha and the kid is color-coded red, like Wanda. The shark "snacked on yo(ur)-magic!" and the kid withers as he doesn't have the strength to open up the yogurt (also red) or jello or whatever idk. It would also tie up with Agatha's basement being covered in roots (absorbing Wanda's power?)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Desperado Bones posted:

It wasn't a fly? I remember it was a cicada. It was indeed quite weird.

Coincidentally, the 17 year cyclical emergence of cicadas that's supposed to hatch this year is called Brood X.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'd recommend going back and watching the last scene with Wanda and Vision in infinity war, they really sell how hard it is and you can see Wanda basically welcoming death when she gets snapped. It's crazy to think this is only four weeks later, and with the timing she basically immediately woke up and then went to find visions corpse dismembered.

Also they really had to write around Vision and Wanda not loving Thanos and the Black Order up in that movie it's painfully obvious

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Re: The moon buggy. Has anyone brought up the theory that the guys and gals who brought the buggy aren't actually, you know, people? What I mean by that is, they could all be Skrulls. Specifically Major Goodner or whatever her name is (the main SWORD lady we see) being Talos' daughter from the Captain Marvel movies.

Would also kind of explain some things I think?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

abraxas posted:

Re: The moon buggy. Has anyone brought up the theory that the guys and gals who brought the buggy aren't actually, you know, people? What I mean by that is, they could all be Skrulls. Specifically Major Goodner or whatever her name is (the main SWORD lady we see) being Talos' daughter from the Captain Marvel movies.

Would also kind of explain some things I think?

Yes, that's a very popular theory and one that I think will end up being true.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Am I imagining things?
Edit: yes I am, ignore

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 20, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm still pretty sure that Agatha isn't the true villain, but it's gonna be Nightmare controlling her or working through her.

It'd be pretty stupid if the show revealed in episode 7 that there's been a magical villain pulling the strings all along, then in episode 8 revealed there'd been another, bigger, magical villain pulling that villain's strings.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I cant believe they havent done a Frasier episode, Paul would have made such a good Niles

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Necrothatcher posted:

It'd be pretty stupid if the show revealed in episode 7 that there's been a magical villain pulling the strings all along, then in episode 8 revealed there'd been another, bigger, magical villain pulling that villain's strings.

i am all for Wandavision's ending being a shot for shot re-enactment of Metal Gear Solid 2's ending.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I cant believe they havent done a Frasier episode, Paul would have made such a good Niles

He looked like he was channeling Niles in the 80s/early 90s ep, with the suit, high waisted trousers, and floppy blond hair.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet but is worth speculating on:

Wanda's powers code to red and alter reality, while Vision's code to yellow and he can affect minds. Now we have Monica the astronaut with blue powers and Agnes with purple powers that manipulate other powers. Respectively they map perfectly to the Reality, Mind, Space and Power Stones. We also know Strange is coming, still with the powers related to the Time Stone. Which begs the question: where is the orange Soul Stone?

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Jedit posted:

Wanda's powers code to red and alter reality, while Vision's code to yellow and he can affect minds. Now we have Monica the astronaut with blue powers and Agnes with purple powers that manipulate other powers. Respectively they map perfectly to the Reality, Mind, Space and Power Stones. We also know Strange is coming, still with the powers related to the Time Stone. Which begs the question: where is the orange Soul Stone?

That's super interesting and not something I'd considered! You might be onto something...I mean...the book is glowing orange.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Phylodox posted:

I’m open to being wrong about Agnes, but, honestly, I’m still not 100% convinced. It seems like such a jarring tonal and thematic left-turn to have there suddenly be a campy, mugging villain to the story. It kind of short-circuits the heart of the show. I think Agnes’ little ditty might be Wanda latching onto forcing Agnes into the villain role because that’s an easy answer and absolves her of any blame? Billy saying Agnes is “quiet inside” kind of makes me wonder if Agnes even exists at all, and isn’t somehow, like, a tangible expression of Wanda’s subconscious or something.

I think this is entirely possible and very consistent with everything the show has shown us about how Wanda is in control of the hex reality and the people in it.

With two episodes left I suppose we'll find out in the last 60 seconds of next weeks episode if you are right and then the final episode can be 'the real enemy is not moving on.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jedit posted:

it's in my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

It's more likely that the next two episodes are about stopping Agatha and/or Hayward and the last five minutes or even the post-credit sequence is Nightmare/Mephisto/whoever's "I'll do it myself" moment.