Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I loved how at the first transition from inside to outside the Hex it slowly drew the aspect letterboxing in to make you aware of it, then it just popped in/out every time it switched settings. And then near the end when Wanda went into the basement and met Agatha for real, it slowly drew the letterboxing in again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Soul Stone is gonna be Wanda having to sacrifice Vision again to save the kids/make them real.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Soul Stone is gonna be Wanda having to sacrifice Vision again to save the kids/make them real.

They hammered us over the head about Vision never having any agency so it's for sure going to be his call.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

They hammered us over the head about Vision never having any agency so it's for sure going to be his call.

Is it wrong that I want Vision's call to be "Ah, screw this, I'm going on that lobster date with Darcy?"

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The mind stone persistent outside the Hex and it's likely that it's reconstituted in some way. I honestly hope they bring back the stones because some characters like Strange sorta suck without their stones and the writers did say they still exists but are just scattered as atoms.

Wanda seems perfectly capable of bringing atoms back together

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 20, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Otherwise, you may need some man who really knows his way around molecules.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hank Pym?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Particle Man cometh

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
man, the humor of this episode did not click with me at all.

also the reveal was kinda lost on me since i don't know that character, but they did it in a fun enough way to be entertaining. i was ready to be very disappointed we were apparently already done with evan peters but thankfully people mentioned the post credits scene. hope he's still quicksilver and it ties into the other dimension stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Complete with the multiverse being saved because a Spider-Man happened to have an old hamburger stashed in his costume. :hmmyes:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Complete with the multiverse being saved because a Spider-Man happened to have an old hamburger stashed in his costume. :hmmyes:

He's a growing boy!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Viscous Soda posted:

Actually it is. Someone over at Reddit discovered it's Kathryn Hahn's voice pitch shifted downwards.

Holy poo poo. That's amazing, and something they didn't need to bother doing at all.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

BurritoJustice posted:

The mind stone persistent outside the Hex and it's likely that it's reconstituted in some way. I honestly hope they bring back the stones because some characters like Strange sorta suck without their stones and the writers did say they still exists but are just scattered as atoms.

I like it, it gave me some thoughts:

Maybe this whole show is about the infinity stone atoms coalescing together again at the nexus of all realities focused on Wanda as she, Vision and Pietro were all affected by the stones. The infinity stones were born from the birth of the universe and this hex nexus is a new source of CMBR.

Wanda is the nexus of the reality stone so she is now able to warp reality with her red power, before she only had telepathy and telekinesis.

Vision is the nexus of the Mind Stone so he is now able to free peoples minds from being controlled, before that he only had flight, head beams, super strength and phasing.

Monica is the nexus of the Space stone, after travelling through the barrier and gaining her power she sees electromagnetic energy fields along with space and stars in the sky with her new Spectrum space sight.

Agatha is the nexus of the Power stone, she is trying to control Wanda to learn resurrection after learning of Vision.

Mephisto is the nexus of the Soul stone, Wanda made a deal with him that results in Vision not being soulless and dead in her pocket universe and her children are given souls by Mephisto. His grimore in the basement exudes an orange light. Agatha wants to find his secrets so she can resurrect somebody. EDIT: Another thought, maybe it turns out Red Skull was Mephisto and that's why he was the guardian of the Soul stone.

The Time stone coalescing is maybe responsible for the time skipping happening within the hex nexus. Dr. Strange gets wind of this situation and becomes the nexus of the Time stone when he shows up. Maybe it turns out FBI agent Jimmy Woo is Wong's nephew and he's actually a sorcerer and he becomes the nexus of the Time stone, his little magic trick becoming foreshadowing rather than character development.

I'm probably way off but boy it's fun to speculate!

Also I wonder if the joke about the mole is related to witches' marks.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 20, 2021

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Me and the people I was watching with had to look Agatha up and even after we did it was a real 'ok, so what?' reaction.

I have to think this must be the intended reaction though. Surely the average person knows gently caress all about this character the history of what they've been in on wikipedia makes them seem like a total nobody.

Agatha is also close enough to Agnes that it look a bit for me to realise they were even saying she was actually someone else lol

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Adus posted:

also the reveal was kinda lost on me since i don't know that character, but they did it in a fun enough way to be entertaining. i was ready to be very disappointed we were apparently already done with evan peters but thankfully people mentioned the post credits scene. hope he's still quicksilver and it ties into the other dimension stuff.

It's very fitting with the puzzlebox/Abrams style to have a character make a big reveal that means nothing to the person listening.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

seaborgium posted:

I do kind of wonder about what happened When Agatha wanted Wanda to look at the mole on her back. It seemed cut weird, kind of like when we saw in the earlier episodes the stuff that was cut out.
Well moles were used back in ye olde days to tell if someone was a witch or not, especially back in the Puritan days which I think is when comic Agatha is from

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Adus posted:

I really liked the episode but it was probably my least favorite of the sitcom parodies. The pacing and joke delivery felt too slow to be a Modern Family or The Office, and they should've used more hand-held cameras for the fake documentary look.

Is it possible that "Ralph" is Hayward? And he recruited Agatha to help with his missing Vision problem?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

BurritoJustice posted:

The premise of Dr. Strange 2, according to Wikipedia:

-Spoilers, I guess? I don't know, it's too vague and we haven't even got a teaser-

After the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019) and WandaVision (2021),Dr. Stephen Strange's continuing research on the Time Stone is hindered by a friend-turned-enemy, resulting in Strange unleashing unspeakable evil.

Considering what is slowly happening in Wandavision and that premise, it leaves you with a lot of questions. It doesn't sound as Strange is looking for a lost stone. So the theory of the infinity stones being brought back is starting to sound more plausible.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Lammasu posted:

Until this episode I never really realized how traumatized Wanda is. She had to kill the love of her life to save the universe, then had him resurrected and killed in front of her.

I'd always thought, and someone else posted it as well so I know it's not just me, that she looked the tiniest bit relieved while she was being Snapped.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Hobo Clown posted:

I really liked the episode but it was probably my least favorite of the sitcom parodies. The pacing and joke delivery felt too slow to be a Modern Family or The Office, and they should've used more hand-held cameras for the fake documentary look.

Is it possible that "Ralph" is Hayward? And he recruited Agatha to help with his missing Vision problem?

The music was also fairly off for the genre they were trying to parody. Modern Family and the Office only really ever has music if it's organic to the environment that they're in, there's no backing score for the most part, whereas this had a pretty obvious score that changed with the beats of the plot. The cameras weren't too far off modern family though, their camera work is a lot more traditional / stationary than the Office. There were bits around the circus scenes in particular that easily could have come straight out of a modern family episode.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBhs7b7Pl4U

?

RedTeam posted:

Agatha is also close enough to Agnes that it look a bit for me to realise they were even saying she was actually someone else lol

I'm also curious if they're going to bother explaining why Agatha took on a stage name other than to gently caress with the audience (as was the explanation last time I complained about the name thing in the thread). Its just such a lazy way to "keep us guessing"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

To ruin the joke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecule_Man

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

enki42 posted:

The music was also fairly off for the genre they were trying to parody. Modern Family and the Office only really ever has music if it's organic to the environment that they're in, there's no backing score for the most part, whereas this had a pretty obvious score that changed with the beats of the plot. The cameras weren't too far off modern family though, their camera work is a lot more traditional / stationary than the Office. There were bits around the circus scenes in particular that easily could have come straight out of a modern family episode.

The music, particularly around the circus and DarcyVision's great escape, felt like a nod to Curb Your Enthusiasm to me.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
ok lol

(spoilers for yesterday's ep)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The music reminded me a lot of Arrested Development.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So what in the sword tents were Changed to lions

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So what in the sword tents were Changed to lions

Furries.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I forgot to add on to pile of praise Hahn has gotten and I'm really glad she got this part and got to basically chew the gently caress out of scenery. It's enjoyable as hell.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I got Good Place vibes from the music personally.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

ShakeZula posted:

"No, more mutants!"

Every episode brings us closer and closer to this line being real.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jedit posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet but is worth speculating on:

Wanda's powers code to red and alter reality, while Vision's code to yellow and he can affect minds. Now we have Monica the astronaut with blue powers and Agnes with purple powers that manipulate other powers. Respectively they map perfectly to the Reality, Mind, Space and Power Stones. We also know Strange is coming, still with the powers related to the Time Stone. Which begs the question: where is the orange Soul Stone?

The Guardians of the Galaxy 2 post-credits scene

Or am I the only one who remembers that?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Now I’m disappointed they didn’t go all in on a Curb homage. You could have had Kathryn Hahn doing her best Susie Essman impression and calling Vision a bald rear end in a top hat

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

BrianWilly posted:

ok lol

(spoilers for yesterday's ep)

that stinger tho, lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bedshaped posted:

it's in my rear end

Ant Man you're our only hope

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If the Universe just brings the infinity stones back by itself a few weeks after Endgame then uh, that film becomes a little different on rewatching.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Technically it would have been 5 years since the MCU’s universe last saw the stones in one piece. All the stones in Endgame came from other timelines.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The power of the stones was also used again on Earth five years after their destruction which might be the catalyst for bringing them back together.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm just so tired of all these infinity stones.

Well, I actually always loved them in the comics and it was always awesome when they would show up and Hickman's Infinity and the MCU movies were great recent infinity stone romps. But despite being part of the fundamental fabric of the universe or whatever, it's also nice that they stay lost or put away for years at a time and no one really thinks about them.

Maybe they'd like to tie up loose ends about the current state of the stones but it seems kind of weird to me to have them persistently "powering" different people's abilities.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Ror posted:

Well, I actually always loved them in the comics and it was always awesome when they would show up and Hickman's Infinity and the MCU movies were great recent infinity stone romps. But despite being part of the fundamental fabric of the universe or whatever, it's also nice that they stay lost or put away for years at a time and no one really thinks about them.

Maybe they'd like to tie up loose ends about the current state of the stones but it seems kind of weird to me to have them persistently "powering" different people's abilities.

Well it would be kind of a neat way to have the stones back but not in such a state that someone could just gather them up again, bedazzle a gauntlet, snap their fingers and make a wish. Been there done that.

The essence of the stones remains so the universe doesn't go into a black smoke trail or whatever the Ancient One implied would happen if they weren't there, and the writers can move on to other MacGuffins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ror posted:

It would be tiresome if the Stones returned as physical objects, yes. But if their essential energy cannot be created or destroyed, and is now becoming incarnate in people because it has to go somewhere, then that's different and interesting.