Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

are polo fruits just lifesavers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
are wine gums supposed to taste like wine

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

She should call into Stern. the piss drinking/consuming public doesn’t believe COVID is real. The audio of a woman drinking slushy months old piss and then describing the flavor is fascinatingly awful.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I like gummy bears, but I especially like them when they are old and have more bite and harder to chew, so sometimes I will buy a pack of haribo and rip open the pack and dry-age it for a week; in a pinch refrigeration will also lead to a more chewy and desirable texture, as well as a refreshingly cool gummy flavor, however open air drying is preferable. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to combine the techniques and do open-air gummy aging inside of your fridge - the gummies will absorb all of the fumes in there like a box of baking soda and taste like garbage

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
...chocolate goes in the fridge

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i say swears online posted:

lol yeah they're really big compared to a peanut. texture is halfway between marshmallow and pleather

And they're banana-flavored.

No, they don't taste like peanuts. What are you, a crazy person?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
barley sugars are good, so they're probably not british

yeah turns out they're from france

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

prefect posted:

And they're banana-flavored.

No, they don't taste like peanuts. What are you, a crazy person?

im amazed anyone has ever tried one. i just assumed they were like asbestos so it was easier for concession vendors to just keep them sitting out since the 60s without ever being bought rather than go through the hazard of removing them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

I like gummy bears, but I especially like them when they are old and have more bite and harder to chew, so sometimes I will buy a pack of haribo and rip open the pack and dry-age it for a week; in a pinch refrigeration will also lead to a more chewy and desirable texture, as well as a refreshingly cool gummy flavor, however open air drying is preferable. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to combine the techniques and do open-air gummy aging inside of your fridge - the gummies will absorb all of the fumes in there like a box of baking soda and taste like garbage

you would absolutely love jujubees

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
You know what else is from the UK and tastes like dogshit? Squash

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Speaking of banana flavored packing peanuts:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

spankmeister posted:

You know what else is from the UK and tastes like dogshit? Squash

the vegetable or the fruit concentrate

don't make me edit in the quote with your double posting you goddamn maroon

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

kecske posted:

the vegetable or the fruit concentrate

don't make me edit in the quote with your double posting you goddamn maroon

The drink. The fact that I even have to clarify this is baffling but here we are.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Aniseed balls are good. And can also be used as detonators, apparently.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Back in the before times in would go visit the German half of my team in Munich like 2 or 3 times a year. The Munich office stocked every break room with a different kind of Haribo and I would once per trip spend like and hour wandering the office sampling each area's amazing gummy variety until I got a stomach ache and hated myself.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pipski posted:

Aniseed balls are good.

:wrong:

twoday
May 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

you would absolutely love jujubees

too sticky

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

mrmcd posted:

Back in the before times in would go visit the German half of my team in Munich like 2 or 3 times a year. The Munich office stocked every break room with a different kind of Haribo and I would once per trip spend like and hour wandering the office sampling each area's amazing gummy variety until I got a stomach ache and hated myself.

Now picturing the Bunk shuffling around a German office building half-mumbling and half-talking up gummie plates like they're women at a bar.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fruit salads and blackjacks are where its at currently. I moved to an area with a sweet shop and it's great.

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
fruit polos are like a boiled sugar sweet or rock candy, they had raised lettering moulded on the sweet that acted like a metal file on the inside of your mouth.

But then they also had THE HOLE

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Have you tried squashies? The ancient sweet makers behind fruitsalad and blackjack (swizzles?) revolutionised the industry a few years ago by adding apple pulp to make a whole new genre of packing peanut texture

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Citrus polos chemically flayed the inside of my mouth

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Continuity NIP posted:

Citrus polos chemically flayed the inside of my mouth

You reminded me of some japanese lemon candies I bought at Disney World that were so sour they made my entire mouth bleed. Really loving good though.

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Has anyone had Toxic Waste? Sour enough to make my head hurt and they sell it in little plastic oil drums

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
https://twitter.com/pelhambluefund/...ingawful.com%2F

New national crest. Put this bird on the Brexit Flag of England

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

kicks forts posted:

Has anyone had Toxic Waste? Sour enough to make my head hurt and they sell it in little plastic oil drums

Oh yes. I ate an entire "barrel" once and burnt the outer layer off my tongue and the inside of my cheeks.

By the last 3 or 4 I was struggling to find a spot in my mouth that wasn't in pain.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
they changed the recipe for fruit salads and they suck noe

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

twoday posted:

pretty cool that they still make these

jesus christ they have ether/chloroform in? No wonder they make your mouth go numb.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Captain Splendid posted:

Oh yes. I ate an entire "barrel" once and burnt the outer layer off my tongue and the inside of my cheeks.

By the last 3 or 4 I was struggling to find a spot in my mouth that wasn't in pain.

I just cut out the middle man and have a dab of sweetened citric acid from a bag

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Blackjacks are loving shite, joint worst sweet tied with parma violets, they both taste like colonialism

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Biplane posted:

Jelly babies are for degenerates.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Please tag your gore

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

eleven extra elephants posted:

Blackjacks are loving shite, joint worst sweet tied with parma violets, they both taste like colonialism

I think they changed Blackjacks and Refreshers over the years.
Or maybe my tastebuds arent the same.
Blackjacks used to be less hard, more for an aniseed flavour, and turned your mouth black more not just your tongue.
Nowadays they are just meh.
Refreshers used to have more sherbet in them. Now you are lucky to have any in it at all.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've never liked refreshers but I'm partial to ABC Letters, Mint Crumbles and swizzle double lolly.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Gats Akimbo posted:

jesus christ they have ether/chloroform in? No wonder they make your mouth go numb.

not anymore

....probably

twoday
May 4, 2005

although now that brexit has been achieved, anything is possible

let's start a twitter campaign to bring back original formula Victory lozenges, I'm sure there are several tory Lords who would support this motion out of pure nostalgia

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Our local supermarket has a small British section, and I've been working my way through their soda selection. Burdock and Dandelion soda tastes OK, like a funky ginger/root beer hybrid. Bitter Shandy is just plain odd. Non-alcoholic beer and lemonade is such a weird combination. Are these popular in Britain?

Those malt vinegar pickled onions are the bomb though.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Canuckistan posted:

Our local supermarket has a small British section, and I've been working my way through their soda selection. Burdock and Dandelion soda tastes OK, like a funky ginger/root beer hybrid. Bitter Shandy is just plain odd. Non-alcoholic beer and lemonade is such a weird combination. Are these popular in Britain?

Those malt vinegar pickled onions are the bomb though.

nobody actually drinks dandelion and burdock or non-alchoholic shandy, no.

Dandelion and burdock is like a stereotypical traditional old drink that was probably last actually popular and widely drunk a century ago, and (alcoholic) shandy was what people used to drink when they were driving, in the days when people didn't take drink driving very seriously.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

twoday posted:

although now that brexit has been achieved, anything is possible

let's start a twitter campaign to bring back original formula Victory lozenges, I'm sure there are several tory Lords who would support this motion out of pure nostalgia

Make laudanum available from chemists again! Who'll need the NHS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

marktheando posted:

nobody actually drinks dandelion and burdock or non-alchoholic shandy, no.

Dandelion and burdock is like a stereotypical traditional old drink that was probably last actually popular and widely drunk a century ago, and (alcoholic) shandy was what people used to drink when they were driving, in the days when people didn't take drink driving very seriously.

I used to drink both as a kid :saddowns: