Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

site posted:

i have no idea what i'm looking at on this page or why it's funny but was this the japanese version of captain n

It's funny you say that. I was just telling my kid yesterday about Captain N and that he should end up in Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

site posted:

i have no idea what i'm looking at on this page or why it's funny but was this the japanese version of captain n

1. It's a monk deeply meditating so he can play video games. I thought that was inherently humorous.
2. It's not Captain N, the characters don't go into video games. They play video games in extreme ways, like against mobsters who throw poisoned knives into their arms in the middle of matches. That makes it sound way cooler than it actually is.
There's some extra creepy sexualizing pre-pubescent girls through the stories, too, which is really great to keep hitting when I'm going through it for the 1980's Japanese playground urban legends about how you can totally do this crazy thing in a game.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Transformers: MTMTE #45

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elfface posted:

Kingpin is the one doing the hiring... but his underlings like Tombstone and Hammerhead would count? Work for him for money?

Scorpion? Not sure what he's up to these days, but Jameson originally paid for his armour to kill Spidey.

Tombstone and Hammerhead are usually both mob bosses in their own right

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Action Jacktion posted:

Transformers: MTMTE #45

The best thing is that the person who took the toy shot in the last panel even sculpted Crankcase's head to ape the headwound he has in the series up to that point

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #50 (1966)

Flaming Carrot Comics #11 (1986)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Darthemed posted:

Flaming Carrot Comics #11 (1986)

Hagar is a really cool guy, a good husband and father, an excellent boss, supports his friends in their endeavours, and his adventures are genuinely funny and at times heartwarming.

Do not badmouth Hagar. I will fight you.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mikl posted:

Hagar is a really cool guy, a good husband and father, an excellent boss, supports his friends in their endeavours, and his adventures are genuinely funny and at times heartwarming.

Do not badmouth Hagar. I will fight you.
Nowadays, I am wary of everyone who is that deep into Viking culture.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Superboy #136 (1967)

These dogs have the lamest powers, and I do not say that lightly. Ten-Eyed Man and Armless Tiger Man could kick their asses.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oi now e's ardly armless!

I'll get me coat.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

SimonChris posted:

These dogs have the lamest powers, and I do not say that lightly. Ten-Eyed Man and Armless Tiger Man could kick their asses.

I had to find out if they have ever been used in a more modern setting because I was getting this feeling that I've seen them in a more recent cartoon and, of course, there is a loving Wiki for all things Krypto..

..and it looks like absolute dog poo poo.

GRAPHIC DESIGN IS MY PASSION

e: Oh yeah, he was in the 2005 Cartoon Network show for Krypto, and for some inexplicable reason, he was French.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 21, 2021

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1363523089850638345?s=20

Ryan North giving some Squirrel Girl insight.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

I had to find out if they have ever been used in a more modern setting because I was getting this feeling that I've seen them in a more recent cartoon and, of course, there is a loving Wiki for all things Krypto..

..and it looks like absolute dog poo poo.

Scooby-Doo! Team-Up #36

They also did a crossover with Scooby Doo!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It really says something that the villainous cat team is more cohesive and interesting than the SCPA.

Partially it says I'm a cat person, but still.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

It really says something that the villainous cat team is more cohesive and interesting than the SCPA.

Partially it says I'm a cat person, but still.

I like how even the writers can't think of any use for Tusky Husky's "power", so he just stands there.

Anyway, speaking of Ten-Eyed Man, this is an old classic from Seanbaby.com, but now with much higher resolution!

Batman #226

Man-Bat #2

He can see with his fingers, which makes him one of the most dangerous criminals in the world because

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 21, 2021

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can you imagine being him and having to wipe your rear end?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Can you imagine being him and having to wipe your rear end haha?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Can you imagine being him and having to wipe your rear end?

Well, they keep his hands in the box at all times, so I guess the guard does it for him?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nine Dragon's Ball Paradise - Chapter 2

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SimonChris posted:

Superboy #136 (1967)

Their oath snaps, though.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Is that G'nort?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I hate Paw Pooch so much.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Not Brand Echh #11 (1968)

Ghost Manor #35 (1978)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SimonChris posted:

Superboy #136 (1967)

So this is where the Omegaverse started.

As for those super villain cats, they have to be like the pets of Supervillains, right?

Like Captain Cold dressed his cat up like a stereotypical French person and made him his own freeze ray?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

So this is where the Omegaverse started.

As for those super villain cats, they have to be like the pets of Supervillains, right?

Like Captain Cold dressed his cat up like a stereotypical French person and made him his own freeze ray?

I am not sure about those cats specifically, but they do fight the pets of evil kryptonians, as I posted earlier:

SimonChris posted:

Superboy #136 (1967)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I love how useless Tusky Husky is. Everyone else is fighting back but he's like 'oh no, Scarecrow's lovely fuckin' cat, better just look mildly concerned until the inflatable dog crushes its spine.'

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I like cats and dogs and these characters and their awful, awful little clubhouse are starting to make me hate dogs. I beg of you, can someone please post something with a good dog in it that isn't some sort of garbage animal like these bastards. I don't want to hate dogs.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

John Dyne posted:

I love how useless Tusky Husky is. Everyone else is fighting back but he's like 'oh no, Scarecrow's lovely fuckin' cat, better just look mildly concerned until the inflatable dog crushes its spine.'

The genus thing about super villain cats is it get's around the question of why don't the heroes kill their villain.
Ace The Bat Hound can kill Joekitty, the Clown Puss of Crime, after he blows up a bus of orphans. Then he just comes back because he has nine lives.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drakyn posted:

I like cats and dogs and these characters and their awful, awful little clubhouse are starting to make me hate dogs. I beg of you, can someone please post something with a good dog in it that isn't some sort of garbage animal like these bastards. I don't want to hate dogs.

I'd post something from We3, but that'd just be mean.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Manor #35 (1978)

:mood:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Drakyn posted:

Wow, that's harder than I thought it would be. The only dog-centric plot points I can think of off the top of my head are the Stomponato arc from Transmetropolitan and the dog from Preacher that bit Starr's dick off. And those are both terrible.

Hmm...

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Thank you all. I have been saved.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drakyn posted:

Namor may not like the dog, but it seems fine to me.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Selachian posted:

I'd post something from We3, but that'd just be mean.

No that's a gud dog. There's a difference.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Good dog, you say?

quote:

Lucky had a chance meeting in Washington Square Park over some pizza that caused him to "team up" with Mew, the pet cat of Squirrel Girl's roommate Nancy Whitehead. The two were instrumental in the defeat of Taskmaster.[9]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently Lucky will be in the new Hawkeye show, and I hope they play him exactly like this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Infinitum posted:

Apparently Lucky will be in the new Hawkeye show, and I hope they play him exactly like this.

Yeah, there's set photos of Hailie Stanfield walking a dog.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the people demand a lucky pov episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:swoon: