Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

That's not a problem, they just won't admit it's a better solution.

look if there was a better solution then this entire thing would be just pointless cruelty, and would make my support of Joe Biden wrong, therefore it's impossible.

i await your apology

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 16:57 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
storage units with bars over the windows BUT they have granite countertops and laminate flooring

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

I'm sort of confused whether this is where I should swing my IK dick around and threaten sixers on people, because on the one hand I only really like doing that to stop slapfights and everyone's pretty much in agreement on this, but on the other hand C-SPAM is not a D&D offsite and we might get in trouble if we keep using it as one

so I guess let's just give it a rest for now and keep posting succ from offsite like SA is intended for, thanks guys :)

What if I set up an off-site that just mirrors D&D? Someone start the wiki I'm just an ideas guy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Minimalist Studio Condominiums

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raccooon posted:

Sorry the Biden admins kid cages are not to be criticized unless you can produce a detailed plan that would be a better solution.

Bidens ears perk up when he hears someone talking about a final solution for the migrant issue

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone here is going to criticize Biden's kid cages I need to see some kind of diploma or certificate from Fence School. If you aren't a credentialed expert then you should shut the gently caress up.

I can only even make this post because I have 12 credit hours in "Sarcasm" from an accredited university

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rectal Death Adept posted:

If anyone here is going to criticize Biden's kid cages I need to see some kind of diploma or certificate from Fence School. If you aren't a credentialed expert then you should shut the gently caress up.

I can only even make this post because I have 12 credit hours in "Sarcasm" from an accredited university

Don't forget to bring signed, notarized copies of your high school civics exams

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

lol you don't even have your BS in SarSci maybe try reading some academic papers you loving moron

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Bidens ears perk up when he hears someone talking about a final solution for the migrant issue

tbf neolibs have no interest in genociding detainees

bc the whole point is to establish both a trend of privatizing incarceration and federal and social services, and to be a a perpetual NOW IS NOT THE TIME issue to squash any discussion of actual policy

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

You know one easy step would be to give free access to these facilities to third party civil rights groups/the UN to monitor and document everything that happens at them.

If they are so great now then it shouldn't be a problem.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
liberals are just fascists too cowardly to wear the swastika armband publicly

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

liberals are just fascists too cowardly to wear the swastika armband publicly

"it was supposed to be four f's"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

tbf neolibs have no interest in genociding detainees

bc the whole point is to establish both a trend of privatizing incarceration and federal and social services, and to be a a perpetual NOW IS NOT THE TIME issue to squash any discussion of actual policy

yeah neolibs are more apathetic about it than anything

which isn't any less monstrous tbf, it's why obama doesn't care about his 90% civilian casualty rate because "we got 'em"

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Raccooon posted:

You know one easy step would be to give free access to these facilities to third party civil rights groups/the UN to monitor and document everything that happens at them.

Just park that caddy and open the hood

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

making the guy from the zyklon b manufacturer an ik and deferring to his expertise

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raccooon posted:

fun america fact: the usa conveniently never signs un treaties that have to do with human rights

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Raccooon posted:

excited for the definitely upcoming photo ops looking anguished at the children in cages

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

excited for the definitely upcoming photo ops looking anguished at the children in cages

"children devastated that anyone would question joseph r. biden, their savior"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Representative Ocasio-Cortez went on: "I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and a wave of emotion just took over. Joe Biden made sure to provide high density, luxury, single-occupant accommodations with state of the art security technology for occupant peace of mind, and these bad faith actors are accusing Joe of locking the kids up! Sure, they can't just leave when they want, but they've got down comforters! So, yeah, I cried, and I got upset, because, they're just lying about Tio José"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

more like joseph hard r biden, got'em

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Yinlock posted:

more like joseph hard r biden, got'em

Woah!

:mods:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s extremely cool that the libs buy into the assumption that parents from Central America are just flinging their kids out the door and pointing north because it’s apparently impossible for most of these kids to have extended family in the states

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s extremely cool that the libs buy into the assumption that parents from Central America are just flinging their kids out the door and pointing north because it’s apparently impossible for most of these kids to have extended family in the states

I feel like one of the article's I read stated they did try to find relatives in America, in applicable.

"Most of these children arrive to the United States planning to reunite with sponsors — usually relatives or friends of the family. Office of Refugee Resettlement case managers work with the children to identify and conduct background checks on the sponsors. If cleared, children are released to live with them while they go through the immigration court process."

If you told me there's a number of alarming things going wrong in said process, I'd believe you, but they do seem to acknowledge the possibility.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Un Historia Americano: Fivel Va Norte

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Dems: Nothing is possible, gently caress off

GOP:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1364232570129559554?s=20

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Its just a coincidence that the ideal solution right now is boutique tin compartments owned by a non profit who's CEO makes millions and has for years as providing negligent care to foreign children on behalf of the US government. We got so lucky.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Have they not found something to bribe Manchin with yet?

WV could use a new bridge or roadway named after Manchin right? Why they hell haven't they done this poo poo yet.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Those children are living it up in the Fyre Festival of concentration camps

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Breakfast All Day posted:

making the guy from the zyklon b manufacturer an ik and deferring to his expertise

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
sufficiently upgraded child cages

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nothus posted:

Dems: Nothing is possible, gently caress off

GOP:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1364232570129559554?s=20

I like how their messaging for their proposal to give people incremental crumbs is framed better than dem proposals, even dem proposals that are outright much better

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

:smith:

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Raccooon posted:

WV could use a new bridge or roadway named after Manchin right? Why they hell haven't they done this poo poo yet.

who is "they" and why do you think "they" want anything that he doesn't want?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

who is "they" and why do you think "they" want anything that he doesn't want?

True.

However I would think they would like to pass some legislation. So they have at least some fig leafs to show voters in 2022.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raccooon posted:

They don't do this anymore lol

Earmarks are still banned

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Of course Manchin will probably get some board seats after retiring from office which will be worth personally much more than any bridge or highway.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

I like how their messaging for their proposal to give people incremental crumbs is framed better than dem proposals, even dem proposals that are outright much better

i mean republicans will actually do it sometimes, so in a way it is

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Thought there was some talks about bringing earmarks back as they realized without them the legislature has no mechanism to get people to vote outside of party lines.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

you're only allowed to bribe officials if you are a special interest group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cawg: