Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Danger posted:

jesus just put on some dave harvey and go for a hike or something

And now you know, the rest of the discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Maya Fey posted:

i still dont know what breadtube is but it's definitely not as cool as smoking opium

opium smells really good

but does it smell as good as fresh bread

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

there are indeed audiobooks for Capital and the all volumes amount to about 120 hours or 5 full 24 hour days

well that's nice, which one are you talking about?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We've been over this. Just because Super Mario Bros is a Japanese video game does not mean Bowser or any of his children are Asian. Mario and Luigi are Italian-American plumbers, after all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

opium smells really good

but does it smell as good as fresh bread

this is you

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

all the theory i know is from podcasts, just like everything i know about islam is from listening to nusrat fateh ali khan

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

I guess my take here is that as someone who does read theory, I'd much rather that "the left" use people like me to talk to people like you, rather than cutting it off at "well you should read theory first"

I dunno if that's elitist or whatnot

Curious how any of this is actually going to do something though? Like we’ve clearly failed to build any type of support for the working class. Nobody who read anything has any loving clue how to get us out of this mess.

So why is it important? Because you say it is?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Americans are weak and will happily let capitalism shovel poo poo directly down their throats.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1364266878127001602

This seems cool but I'm not buying stitcher.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it’ll get its own black feed or whatever i’m sure

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
i just realized tom from trillbillies sounds EXACTLY like sunny smiles from that one episode of star trek where they find the people in cryogenic stasis

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DukeofBread/status/1364061647875100672?s=20

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This Abe Lincoln quote about shepherds and wolves on today's 5-4 is real good and I'm surprised that I haven't heard it before.

"The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, an act for which the sheep hails the shepherd as a liberator, but the wolf denounces him as a destroyer of liberty"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thomas Sankara and Josef Stalin were not only both POC, they were both MLs as well

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the famous Marxist-Leninist/Superwholockian throwdown of 2012

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Reading theory is good imo. Some of the most important insights from Marx and Lenin are very intuitive but it helps to clarify your thinking by putting stuff into a bigger framework about capitalism, imperialism, etc. It's also why reading history is important. Most on the left can agree that America is a demon cracker nation or that the CIA is bad, but knowing the history helps you have an understanding for how and why this poo poo works in practice. It is not a substitute for activism or organizing, but it is a useful supplement to those things.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Speaking of Contrapoints and Radio War Nerd

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2962403867416502&id=100009407541064&sfnsn=mo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Listening to both parts of the Finkelstein episode made me realize that I have listened to far too little of TrueAnon. What are some of the best episodes that don't just rehash Epstein/Ghislaine and their wider circle ad nauseum?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Their "Bush did 9/11" four-parter is very good

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

my two most recent faves are kpop and the one about "rehabilitation" boarding schools

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Their episode on the capital riot was a banger

Both episodes with Enty from CDAN are great

Every episode in the Spider Network series

Mark Ames interview

Either episode with Ed Opperman

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

I was really hoping Nick would have left a message in the African guy voice.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Ed Opperman episodes of True Anon are classics

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Yossarian-22 posted:

Listening to both parts of the Finkelstein episode made me realize that I have listened to far too little of TrueAnon. What are some of the best episodes that don't just rehash Epstein/Ghislaine and their wider circle ad nauseum?

the spider network stuff is their best

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

Their most recent one on the opioid crisis was also super good. Ones where Brace can speak from experience are excellent (like the "rehab" boarding school one as well).

Also, the one on Julian Assange is one of their best.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Divot posted:

Their episode on the capital riot was a banger

Both episodes with Enty from CDAN are great

Every episode in the Spider Network series

Mark Ames interview

Either episode with Ed Opperman

I would add the two parter Koch Bros episode is very good and ends on a banger

and Assnge was great and shits all over libs and so called “leftists” for whom they want Assange to die bc cia-said sex crimes and embarrassing obungler

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

y read or think about anything when i can listen to Epic Chap Hazbin Traphotel call ben sahprio a retard then alienate my coworkers with internet mannerisms

Dongicus has issued a correction as of 22:07 on Feb 23, 2021

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Danger posted:

the spider network stuff is their best

yeah these are probably their best episodes

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

wow thank you breadtube, you all continue to do the hard work that gets results!

lol

Dongicus posted:

y read or think about anything when i can listen to Epic Chap Hazbin Traphotel call ben sahprio a retard then alienate my coworkers with internet mannerisms

sometimes I see an edit and I wonder “how is this the improved version”

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

smdh at no one remembering matt christman's "thousand island stare" moment when he couldn't pronounce amber's ethnicity

tatars/taters was v good

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Dongicus posted:

Yeah chapo isn’t very good, never was.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Crapo trash house

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I wish amber frost a very pleasant speak into the microphone

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Also I am getting greedy fishing for podcast/Matt vlog episodes that I have missed now and would like to backlog as many essential episodes of War Nerd, Dollop, and vlogs by my beloved Matt Christman as possible so if anyone could list some essential ones off of any or all of those three things that would be swell. tia times a million. Good foreign exchanges eps would be a nice bonus

I basically listened to all early War Nerd up to maybe mid/late 2018 but have hardly listened to any Dollop relative to the massive amount of episodes

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Feb 23, 2021

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

Also I am getting greedy fishing for podcast eps now and would like to backlog as many essential episodes of War Nerd, Dollop, and Foreign Exchanges as possible so if anyone could list some essential ones off that would be swell. tia times a million

listen to the Dollop episode about the Rube

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Yossarian-22 posted:

Also I am getting greedy fishing for podcast/Matt vlog episodes that I have missed now and would like to backlog as many essential episodes of War Nerd, Dollop, and vlogs by my beloved Matt Christman as possible so if anyone could list some essential ones off of any or all of those three things that would be swell. tia times a million

I basically listened to all early War Nerd up to maybe mid/late 2018 but have hardly listened to any Dollop relative to the massive amount of episodes

the war nerd episodes about gladio/years of lead, and the one about gene sharp with marcie smith are particularly good. i recommend you read marcie smith's two part article in nonsite too
https://nonsite.org/author/msmith/

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Same

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

lol

sometimes I see an edit and I wonder “how is this the improved version”

the original post didn't have 'chap' in it. absolutely crucial

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Mythical Moderate posted:

I was really hoping Nick would have left a message in the African guy voice.

Same. Strange that there was no Virgil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
did Amber move to la?