Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/johncarlbaker/status/1364278940827865097

i like how theres a whole genre of journalism thats just what if biden wanted to do a good thing lets just work under that assumption since he wont actually tell us thats what he wants to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

Ok SUCC zone: I have a question.

It's been a week since the second impeachment trial crashed and burned.

During the senate part of the impeachment, the democrats decided to hold a vote to call witnesses. They won that vote. The plan to call witnesses, the decision to call the vote, and winning the vote were all widely publicized. But the democrats didn't call witnesses after winning the vote to call witnesses. They suddenly reversed course and ended the trial.

My question is: What is the Democrats official reasoning for why they decided to hold the vote to call witnesses, win it, and then not call witnesses?

I listened to the news, podcasts, interviews with the house impeachment manager that the democrats sent out to news orgs to spin the impeachment and this question was never actually answered. Their spokespeople and analysts who repeat their talking points talk about a lot of other topics. But never actually address the vote, win, reversal. The actions don't make any sense.

And I know the real reason they did it won't match up with their official reason. But I have never even heard an official reason for it. And it's kind of amazing to me that they didn't even bother to come up with an official reason for why they did it. So is there one?
it's because extra attention and witnesses in the trial could make the manufactured narrrative fall apart

glenn greenwald wrote an excellent article about the manufactured narrative:
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1361838339020718082

things of note:
  • the cop who died on 1/6 texted out to his family post-riot that he was suffering from pepper spray
  • an autopsy did not show any blunt force damage
  • there is no video or pictures of this event of fire extinguisher bludgeoning to death in one of the most surveilled places on earth
  • there have been no charges related to a COP MURDER
  • the cop was therefore probably not bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher in spite of national media promoting this narrative
  • the infamous photo with the tacticool ziptie guy hopping railing has literally his mom behind him
  • the ziptie guy had an iphone attached to his chest that recorded him picking up the zipties from cops and his mom saying to keep it away from the police
  • the ziptie guy recorded them talking about leaving weapons behind outside the capitol building to avoid legal trouble
  • the other guy with zipties also picked them up at the capitol building
  • the qanon shaman was initially alleged by prosecutors to be planning to assassinate and kidnap people before this got dropped
  • the only shot fired was by the capitol police onto the air force veteran. what kind of insurrection in one of the most heavily armed countries in the world involves no gunfire?

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Feb 24, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Also the leader of the "insurrectionists" was an FBI plant that had his buddies pick him up the day before so he'd have an excuse to not be there

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Willa Rogers posted:

forcing unaccompanied minors to recite the pledge of allegiance while being held captive is about the most american thing I can think of.

Why does this hit so hard?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Because they made you do it too.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

it's because extra attention and witnesses in the trial could make the manufactured narrrative fall apart

glenn greenwald wrote an excellent article about the manufactured narrative:
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1361838339020718082

things of note:
  • the cop who died on 1/6 texted out to his family post-riot that he was suffering from pepper spray
  • an autopsy did not show any blunt force damage
  • there is no video or pictures of this event of fire extinguisher bludgeoning to death in one of the most surveilled places on earth
  • there have been no charges related to a COP MURDER
  • the cop was therefore probably not bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher in spite of national media promoting this narrative
  • the infamous photo with the tacticool ziptie guy hopping railing has literally his mom behind him
  • the ziptie guy had an iphone attached to his chest that recorded him picking up the zipties from cops and his mom saying to keep it away from the police
  • the ziptie guy recorded them talking about leaving weapons behind outside the capitol building to avoid legal trouble
  • the other guy with zipties also picked them up at the capitol building
  • the qanon shaman was initially alleged by prosecutors to be planning to assassinate and kidnap people before this got dropped
  • the only shot fired was by the capitol police onto the air force veteran. what kind of insurrection in one of the most heavily armed countries in the world involves no gunfire?

this reminds me of that loving scott walker book where he talked about how the cruel nasty wisconsin school teachers were rioting and planning on destroying the republicans when they occupied the capitol building in wisconsin in 2011

this is just a right wing version of that protest

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

why the gently caress can't they just go into the foster system, which already exists

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

why the gently caress can't they just go into the foster system, which already exists

i believe most have family members in the states ready to take them in

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

this op just makes up literal Fake News Outlets to run the same ads linking to the same content:

They literally remade news Corp but this time it's dems

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

right but news corp was only bad because it was right wing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the democrats did not call a witness for the COP MURDER they were hinging their impeachment upon because calling any credible witnesses like police investigators would immediately make it all fall apart and make them look like a total joke

the only sensible narrative where someone bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher who is then texting to family members about pepper spray after the riot would be a concussion, but again autopsies do not show blunt force damage

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Feb 24, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the only reason the press even admitted the fire extinguisher story was made up was because they had to explain why it wasnt being brought up at the trial

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Because they made you do it too.

:smith:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

relevant excerpts from glenn's article on why the democrats absolutely could not call a witness about the COP MURDER

quote:

The outlet interviewed Sicknick’s brother, who said that “Sicknick had texted [the family] Wednesday night to say that while he had been pepper-sprayed, he was in good spirits.” That obviously conflicted with the Times’ story that the mob “overpowered Sicknick” and “struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher,” after which, “with a bloody gash in his head, Mr. Sicknick was rushed to the hospital and placed on life support.”
According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

much like 9/11, 1/6 was an inside job

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Atrocious Joe posted:

i believe most have family members in the states ready to take them in

Jesus christ

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
debate me: the lies around the capitol riot are worse both in magnitude and effect than nearly anything trump said

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

stellers bae posted:

debate me: the lies around the capitol riot are worse both in magnitude and effect than nearly anything trump said

trump told people to drink bleach, and some were dumb enough to do so

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yinlock posted:

trump told people to drink bleach, and some were dumb enough to do so

20 years of Internet flame war research finally finished: posters might actually drink bleach if instructed to do so

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

20 years of Internet flame war research finally finished: posters might actually drink bleach if instructed to do so

death tolls spike as the president delivers a solemn order: "kill you are self"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

much like 9/11, 1/6 was an inside job

and just like 9/11 its going to be used as an excuse to curtail civil liberties and we'd be better off pretending it never happened

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

"...with liberty & justice for all"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

relevant excerpts from glenn's article on why the democrats absolutely could not call a witness about the COP MURDER

thanks for the sourcing; it builds upon what I'd heard about the dems not wanting GOP witnesses.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gandlethorpe posted:

What are they wasting their time for? Twitter is doing a fine job of censoring the truth

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1364391718125260803?s=19

the fappening has finally come for Thanos

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

Also the leader of the "insurrectionists" was an FBI plant that had his buddies pick him up the day before so he'd have an excuse to not be there

this is in reference to Enriqio Turrio or whatever his name is right (I know I'm getting it wrong but I am lazy and dumb)

yeah wasn't he picked up on having like a gun in his car like "randomly" on 1/5?

I mentioned that to a friend of mine who isn't particularly political but for some reason trusts my political takes (lmao)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

how did sicknick ultimately die?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

death tolls spike as the president delivers a solemn order: "kill you are self"

millions of texans face bankruptcy when they follow trump's advice to "turn on your monitor" during a freak winter storm

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Those kids pledging allegiance aren't even guaranteed to stay in America. They're being forced to pledge allegiance to a country that's detaining them.

That's sick.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

thanks for the sourcing; it builds upon what I'd heard about the dems not wanting GOP witnesses.

trumps team was going to call 302 witnesses about every stupid subject imaginable it was why he kept firing his lawyers he wanted to make an argument on merit rather than standing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1364349732760518657?s=20

"He's only been president for 2 months"

edit: oh jeez most of the responses are Democrats attacking her for criticizing Biden
lol
lmao
ahahfhahwefoaofhj

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

nobody in the public knows it's an ongoing police investigation and no autopsy has been released

speculation ranges from stroke to adverse reaction to pepper/bear spray

maybe it's still possible he was actually concussed by a fire extinguisher but again the publicly released evidence does not seem to point that way

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/johncarlbaker/status/1364278940827865097

i like how theres a whole genre of journalism thats just what if biden wanted to do a good thing lets just work under that assumption since he wont actually tell us thats what he wants to do

Biden really is the ultimate American politician. He has about the worst stance on any subject but refuses to divulge details until a crisis occurs which he must "save" us from by making the most degrading and coercive choice, which he wanted all along

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

spacemang_spliff posted:

Remote detonation

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikelieman/status/1364351389833519105

we got a live one here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nobody in the public knows it's an ongoing police investigation and no autopsy has been released

speculation ranges from stroke to adverse reaction to pepper/bear spray

maybe it's still possible he was actually concussed by a fire extinguisher but again the publicly released evidence does not seem to point that way

did they check his balls for voltage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spacemang_spliff posted:

cia heart attack satellite misfired when they tried to hit bernie leaving the capitol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Salt vampire.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

Low T

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020