Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

What was her name

Woolworths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm watching Starship Troopers and it really holds up even after 8 viewings

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Laserface posted:

I ate some pretty scary pink chook the other day accidentally and i survived.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

What was her name

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Caesar Saladin posted:

I would like to know more

I got to see my first gig if 2021 and it was king Gizz supported by E Bobby G and Leah Senior. kG played for a good 2.75 hours and I'm dying, I still have to go to work in the morning

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A bloke down in Tasmania reckons he's got trailcam photos of live thylacines

https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/status/1363891132157947911

He's previously uncovered video "evidence" from SA in 2016 and Perth in 2017 that wasn't very convincing so we'll have to wait and see

Update on this: turns out he can't tell the difference between a pademelon and a thylacine
https://www.smh.com.au/environment/sustainability/no-the-tasmanian-tiger-has-not-been-re-discovered-20210223-p5755i.html

Infinitum posted:

Shout out to old mate this morning

https://i.imgur.com/3QIjSOP.mp4

Make sure you send that to Dashcams Australia. :v:

bee posted:

Nice sticky lizard you got there. I haven't seen many geckos around here but there are a fuckton of skinks living in my backyard and seeing them sunning themselves on the retaining wall brings me joy.

I get geckos in my garden in Melbourne but they mostly seem to be nocturnal

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Is it easy to tell which geckos are the invasive Asian one? Apparently they make a lot of noise, but I've no idea how much is a lot, and how much noise the natives make.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't think natives make the noise but the thing I was told to tell is the Asian geckos have little tiny rows of spines running down either side of their tail

~~~~<===========3

This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/bkjabour/status/1364321907068215296

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I know that everything old is new again but I was hoping never to see mullets again in my lifetime.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Lolie posted:

I know that everything old is new again but I was hoping never to see mullets again in my lifetime.

I blame the AFL. They started popping up there a couple of years ago.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Locally that's about right but ultimately it's David Beckham's fault

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lolie posted:

the dark side of cancer survival

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

The best of mullets is how mad it make the anti-mullet crowd. Anyone who gets bent out of shape over a hair style deserves it

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Carth Dookie posted:

the dark side of cancer survival

lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bet you all feel real loving stupid right now

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

PancakeTransmission posted:

I would like to know more

you still notice little things, like he's wearing a black and orange sportsguy uniform at the beginning, and then later he kills a big bug by jumping on its back and exploding it and his black uniform gets covered in orange goo, and they all cheer like he won a sports game.

Maybe that was more obvious to other people but this is the first time i actually saw the parallel he made

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lol

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Lol my mates and I routinely update each other on the latest poo news in the whatsapp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like the complainer is a bit too fancy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you'd just come in and poo with me I wouldn't have to tell you all this in our shared office space

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Nothing like a 3:30 knock off after spending the day renewing my construction white card. Even better was the dumpling lunch with some of the boys from work, what a good day. Gonna go home and sus out the pull start on the whipper snipper

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Visible Stink posted:

Lol my mates and I routinely update each other on the latest poo news in the whatsapp

When I was in the army, I had a massive post-pizza turd that was standing up, well above the water line. I took a photo and then left it there, waddled to the next stall and wiped and flushed. Was all worth it for the "what the gently caress???" Echoing down the hallway

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My large turds sinks initially then expand and start floating

This has the effect of them flushing ,but not going past the s-bend, then floating back up to the surface about 5-15 minutes later

I don't know how to solve this problem

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Used to have a guy in my old WoW guild who had a character named Shogbit to get around the filter.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Anyone got a poop stoop? I keep a step ladder in the bathroom for other things and Ive taken to setting that up as a combo phone rest/foot elevator. Does wonders on days when it's not quite coming right

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

A stool2 is absolutely essential equipment.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

White card done

Had dumplings for lunch was v good
Also had an early dinner with a couple of the boys at El Camino cantina at Westfield Miranda, gently caress me I did not know they do 20 wings for $2 on Wednesdays. All you gotta do is buy a drink, which for $14 total with a pint is "a loving good deal"

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Bet you all feel real loving stupid right now

Eric Bana must have the weirdest career trajectory out of any Australian actor

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Anyone got a poop stoop? I keep a step ladder in the bathroom for other things and Ive taken to setting that up as a combo phone rest/foot elevator. Does wonders on days when it's not quite coming right

We have a footstool for our toddler to reach the basin and it’s very helpful when I’m having issues.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

femcastra posted:

We have a footstool for our toddler to reach the basin and it’s very helpful when I’m having issues.

I have one of those from when my grandson was little. It definitely comes in handy.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have sciatica in my right hip and it gets better and worse in waves

Lately it's been real poo poo and impacting my sleep and mentioning this to people who ask how I'm doing has been an experience, it's just a bit disheartening to get laughter cos I'm a young fella

/Rant

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McSpergin posted:

White card done

Welcome to ~Infinite Inductions~ where every site you visit has a 30min induction about how great the company is and having to answer the same brain dead questions every time.

The worst I had recently was for the M7 Motorway, and you need to answer every question correctly or you get locked out if you fail twice and need to contact their support staff to reset the test.
And they don't tell you which questions you get wrong.

Fuuuuuck inductions.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Wizard Master posted:

Didn't know that he had such a rig on him until it was reported that he had to swap bodybuilding for cheeseburgers to get the look down for Chopper. What a champ, and a good actor.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

He went from an Aussie sketch show regular to hollywood leading man in like 3 years. Chopper was 2000, Hulk was 2003. Interestingly Hugh Jackman was in fewer films before landing Wolverine - that's his third ever movie. Hemsworth, Chris hadn't done a lot before Star Trek. Sam Worthington pre-Avatar had more credits than people say.

Hollywood really likes Australian dudes.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

It's still very topical. I think all Paul Verhoeven sci fi movies hold up pretty well

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you ever get a chance check out Love the Beast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkpsQmsRpI

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

What about the guy that played Kano?
Perth -> Boxing -> Kano -> JAG -> trash -> dead -> British.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Welcome to ~Infinite Inductions~ where every site you visit has a 30min induction about how great the company is and having to answer the same brain dead questions every time.

The worst I had recently was for the M7 Motorway, and you need to answer every question correctly or you get locked out if you fail twice and need to contact their support staff to reset the test.
And they don't tell you which questions you get wrong.

Fuuuuuck inductions.

I literally just need it for the construction phase at work, because I'll be getting trained as a construction supervisor and first aider for when we've got tradies of our own on site

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Caesar Saladin posted:

you still notice little things, like he's wearing a black and orange sportsguy uniform at the beginning, and then later he kills a big bug by jumping on its back and exploding it and his black uniform gets covered in orange goo, and they all cheer like he won a sports game.

Maybe that was more obvious to other people but this is the first time i actually saw the parallel he made
Nope that's one I haven't noticed. But I love the movie, will have to check that one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Used to have a guy in my old WoW guild who had a character named Shogbit to get around the filter.

I dont get it.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I thought that said food instead of foot on the first pass. not gonna lie, as a bachelor I was like 'thats a great idea.'

currently I just pop a squat before I need to poo to get things in the right spot.

I suspect tomoorrow I will need a squat after tonights Bachelors Handbag for dinner.