Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Infinitum posted:

Was there a website with a compiled list of all those Zinequest KS's? I'd imagine it would be difficult to keep track of any that you might be interested in when they're releasing like 10 a day.

DNA Cowboys posted:

Pandatheist's tracker blog has been real helpful for letting me know what's available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tiny Epic Dungeons is live

12 minis currently for the all-in $40 bundle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpmD2XPC7sI

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Infinitum posted:

I've enjoyed the couple of Tiny games I've picked up, so I think I might be in on this one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol they're unlocking stretch goals so fast they can't keep up.
It'll likely hit $200k within the hour, and with the mini-crowd wanting in on cheap minis this will easily crack a million.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

So the (successful) Radlands project has been hidden due to a copyright dispute!

Was it that guy from before with the convincing argument of "the CGA palette and one letter removed from a common term make this my original idea do not steal*"?

*"What, gameplay and assets, what are those?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna hazard a guess it's likely that Mr Krayola dude submitting a dispute directly to Kickstarter, and they just have a process to follow.

I'm all for artists getting their due, but I don't think there was any idea theft from what I could find. Dude presented his argument in a lovely fashion as well, so he wasn't doing himself any favours with his "I INVENTED THIS COLOUR PALETTE" nonsense.

Edit:

Infinitum posted:

I mean like.. 'potentially'? Dude in questions is Krayola if other people want to have a look.

He's posted some stuff on his instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/mr_krayola/

Like he's having a rant about 'his' colour scheme, but Ye Olde 80s CGA/EGA Palette has become popular again in recent years for retro reasons.

He says he has a game published called Radlands.
Best I could find was ANOTHER game called The Radlands - https://boardgamegeek.com/rpgitem/216596/radlands

So there's a bunch of... stuff at the moment, and he's being somewhat coy about his claims and stuff.
He doesn't seem to be doing himself any favours if he does have a valid case, and it strikes me as being awfully coy with some info with a "look it up" regarding trademarks.

tl;dr he presented no evidence outside of "Same name" "Same colour palette" of bog standard Fallout style wasteland characters, and provided no licensing or registered trademarks. It was weird and continues to be weird.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 23, 2021

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Infinitum posted:

I was interested in this until I saw that shipping is an extra 50% of the cost. Tiny Epic games are normally easy enough to pick up later for about £20 so it seems like I'll just wait it out.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
28mm minis in a Tiny Epic game feels weird. Of course the only two Tiny Epic games I own are Ultra Tiny Epic ones, and this'll never get that treatment.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Tiny Epic Dungeons looks painfully generic. Which I guess is their whole schtick. Anyway, Tiny Epic Galaxies was pretty decent so if boardgoons end up saying this is even better, I might pick it up eventually.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know if this got mentioned in zinequestchat, but Gridshock 20XX is a post-apocalyptic supers game and needs a little over $100 in the next 40 hours to make goal.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

There's a new Aeon's End on Kickstarter today, which wraps up the storyline started in AE:Legacy: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ibcgames/aeons-end-legacy-of-gravehold

Looks like it's a massive amount of new content, about the same size as New Age and Outcasts combined, and with a lot of legacy elements again. There's also a branching campaign, though it sounds like buying a reset pack is going to basically be mandatory to experience all the branches - though if it's like Legacy you'll probably be able to get another playthrough with 2 players without a reset pack. I'm a little burned out on AE after basically doing a back to back to back run through Legacy, New Age, Into the Wilds, and half of Outcasts, but it's still up there as one of my favorite coop games and has the most playtime of anything I've managed to get my wife to try. It might actually be my second or third most played board game after Gloomhaven and possibly Eclipse.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vidmaster posted:

There's a new Aeon's End on Kickstarter today, which wraps up the storyline started in AE:Legacy: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ibcgames/aeons-end-legacy-of-gravehold

Looks like it's a massive amount of new content, about the same size as New Age and Outcasts combined, and with a lot of legacy elements again. There's also a branching campaign, though it sounds like buying a reset pack is going to basically be mandatory to experience all the branches - though if it's like Legacy you'll probably be able to get another playthrough with 2 players without a reset pack. I'm a little burned out on AE after basically doing a back to back to back run through Legacy, New Age, Into the Wilds, and half of Outcasts, but it's still up there as one of my favorite coop games and has the most playtime of anything I've managed to get my wife to try. It might actually be my second or third most played board game after Gloomhaven and possibly Eclipse.

I love Aeon's End but I just have so much of it. I have like everything from the original set, plus I played through Legacy, and New Age, and I think I have Outcasts but never even cracked it open. It's great and I've played a ton of it but I feel like, I have it now. I have Aeon's End. I can play it with basically an endless amount of permutations. I have no idea how to even combine some of it anymore. I don't need more. Please stop.

I'll probably back this one, too.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love Aeon's End but I just have so much of it. I have like everything from the original set, plus I played through Legacy, and New Age, and I think I have Outcasts but never even cracked it open. It's great and I've played a ton of it but I feel like, I have it now. I have Aeon's End. I can play it with basically an endless amount of permutations. I have no idea how to even combine some of it anymore. I don't need more. Please stop.

I'll probably back this one, too.

Yeah, pretty much the same. I was hoping this was their signoff and no, they've said they're just ending this particular storyline. And they make it so often that I cannot keep up. But also I don't want to, you know, not have it when it exists. :P

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
My friends and I started New Age just before covid so I'm in the same boat

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I saw that kickstarter, but I haven't played any Aeon's End, so it just seems like a massive world to try to dip my toe in.

Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?
I've got a small ZineQuest project up at the moment:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/koboldco-op/skies-of-hyperborea-a-zine-of-airships-and-exploration

The basic pitch is that it takes some of the fun parts of sci-fi games - being able to jump from one environment to a drastically different one with a quick space jaunt - and brings them to fantasy games. The stats are in 5e terms, but I ran it myself in Five Torches Deep. I like to think of it as an "Old School Revival but make it not grimdark" project. It's got die drop tables for dropping some dice on a hexmap and generating regions of floating islands, and some rules for traveling between them via airship.

There's also a second zine is a sandbox adventure in the same world: details of a region and the adventures to be had there.

I'm very old:

The last TTRPG thing I sold was a hand printed adventure module booklet sold on consignment via con booth vendors in 1999, so I'm kind of out of the loop on the business side. Now that I've enough funding to have hired artists and expanded the zines' page counts I'm trying to do some self promotion (like this). If anybody has advice on how to get my project out there, I'd greatly appreciate it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

armorer posted:

I saw that kickstarter, but I haven't played any Aeon's End, so it just seems like a massive world to try to dip my toe in.

You could safely jump in with Aeon's End Legacy. It's a good introduction, and from what I've played a pretty solid legacy game too. And then if you want more, there is obviously loads of other content.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Vidmaster posted:

If you don't mind it not looking quite as nice while playing, my AE Legacy solution was to use full-stick post-its to make removable stickers for the player boards, manual, and (sleeved) cards.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Adam Kensai posted:

I've got a small ZineQuest project up at the moment:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/koboldco-op/skies-of-hyperborea-a-zine-of-airships-and-exploration

The basic pitch is that it takes some of the fun parts of sci-fi games - being able to jump from one environment to a drastically different one with a quick space jaunt - and brings them to fantasy games. The stats are in 5e terms, but I ran it myself in Five Torches Deep. I like to think of it as an "Old School Revival but make it not grimdark" project. It's got die drop tables for dropping some dice on a hexmap and generating regions of floating islands, and some rules for traveling between them via airship.

There's also a second zine is a sandbox adventure in the same world: details of a region and the adventures to be had there.

I'm very old:

The last TTRPG thing I sold was a hand printed adventure module booklet sold on consignment via con booth vendors in 1999, so I'm kind of out of the loop on the business side. Now that I've enough funding to have hired artists and expanded the zines' page counts I'm trying to do some self promotion (like this). If anybody has advice on how to get my project out there, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I spread it where I could and backed it myself. I like the idea as a kind of addon to what's existing in the world already!

Adam Kensai
Feb 13, 2005
Have you heard the Go News?

Arivia posted:

I spread it where I could and backed it myself. I like the idea as a kind of addon to what's existing in the world already!

Thank you so much; hopefully I get a good product in your hands!

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lol, I guess CMON feels like they got burned on AK/HI shipping in the past. I've been idly considering picking up a Zombicide entry, and the newest, Western-themed variant is asking $18 for mainland shipping or $95 for AK/HI. Yeah, no, go gently caress yourselves - commercial USPS priority shipping is less than half that.

E: Apparently they only wanted $50 for Bloodborne. :v:

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 23, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I feel like this is a flow on effect from the Pandemic, and they're trying to cover their 6 wrt shipping costs + fulfillment schedules.
It's still stupidly expensive.

I dabble a bit with shipping costs as part of my job, and hoo-boy container pricing has gone through the roof due to ports becoming infection points.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I could see that raising shipping costs across the board (and Artipia's current kickstarters are delayed until prices stabilize), but it definitely doesn't explain the difference in shipping costs between the mainland and AK/HI. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do separate containers.

There's still plenty of places with higher shipping costs, so it's not like we aren't generally lucky on that front. It's just kind of shocking that their negotiated rates are roughly double what it would cost to have it shipped to a friend on the mainland and then have them priority post it to me :v:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Stickman posted:

I could see that raising shipping costs across the board (and Artipia's current kickstarters are delayed until prices stabilize), but it definitely doesn't explain the difference in shipping costs between the mainland and AK/HI. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do separate containers.

There's still plenty of places with higher shipping costs, so it's not like we aren't generally lucky on that front. It's just kind of shocking that their negotiated rates are roughly double what it would cost to have it shipped to a friend on the mainland and then have them priority post it to me :v:

Last I heard, the company they were using for fulfillment is in Florida, so that is pretty choice in terms of ‘why is shipping so expensive?’

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I wish more of the zine quest creators had put down some newsletter details etc, there's some I missed but want to keep up with their future projects.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently every man and his dog launched a KS today, so here's a round-up

Will Make a Bajillion Dollars
Tiny Epic Dungeons - Dungeon crawler with minis. Cheap and unlocking a fuckton of stretch goals.
Root: The Marauder Expansion - Brotherhood of Badgers & Murder Mice! Also hire mercenaries!
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: The Game - Solo game with minis & batarang dice!

Board Games for Nerds
Ragnarocks - New game by Santorini creator that looks like Santorini BUT VIKINGS
Chamber of Wonders - Setup a chamber of oddities, attract business, destroy your enemies. Darkest Dungeon style art.
Orconomics; 2nd Edition - You iz ork. Youz do buzness
Finding Anastasia - Hidden role social deduction game
Dawn of Titan - Duke it out for control of Saturn's moons.
Judean Hammer - 2 player area control about Maccabean Revolt
Business As Usual - Board control monopoly?

Card Nerds
Aeons End: Legacy of Gravehold - Expansion for popular deck builder
Sins: Spawns of Minions - Want a BILLION options for cards?
Crimson Company: 3rd Expansion - Hearthstone + Legends of Runeterra = Good?
Hunted: Wode Ridge - 2 player coop in the vein of Stranger Things - Cool art
Dawn - A deduction card game /w cool art
Formation - An abstract card arranger
The Red Dragon Inn: Pub Crawl - Expansion about going on a bender

Dice Nerds
Xinobi Dice & Throwing Stars - Want some super expensive dice because they're cast metal & forged in Japan?
Dice for all 2 - Dice are gay now.

Weird poo poo
Tiny Turbo Cars - Use a sliding puzzle to race cars
Candy Wars - Weird as poo poo multi-layer combat game that's candy themed
Wutaki - Weird little worker placement game surrounding volcanoes and bugs?
Cakes! - Cakes!
Sabobatage - Suck my balls

That's just the list for TODAY. And leaves out all the zines + RPG games.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of RPGs The One Ring 2E continues to rocket up the charts, so to speak.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Infinitum posted:

Apparently every man and his dog launched a KS today, so here's a round-up

Will Make a Bajillion Dollars
Tiny Epic Dungeons - Dungeon crawler with minis. Cheap and unlocking a fuckton of stretch goals.
Root: The Marauder Expansion - Brotherhood of Badgers & Murder Mice! Also hire mercenaries!
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: The Game - Solo game with minis & batarang dice!
Wow, great roundup!

However, the Batman game ... isn't doing so well? It hasn't come anywhere close to hitting goal yet. Maybe because it's a solo-only board game, which is kinda weird? Maybe it's not enough plastic for price for minis-hunters? Maybe it's just getting out-competed by everything else that launched today? It's weird, because I would have also expected a bajillion dollars but it's 160k compared to Tiny Epic Dungeons (642k) and Root (>1m)

It should fund by the last day, probably, but they have a ton of probably-actually-planned-parts-of-the-game "stretch goals" set up and I have to imagine it's a disappointing launch for them. I'm expecting a cancellation and eventual re-launch on this one.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 24, 2021

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

dwarf74 posted:

Wow, great roundup!

However, the Batman game ... isn't doing so well? It hasn't come anywhere close to hitting goal yet. Maybe because it's a solo-only board game, which is kinda weird? Maybe it's not enough plastic for price for minis-hunters? Maybe it's just getting out-competed by everything else that launched today? It's weird, because I would have also expected a bajillion dollars.

It should fund by the last day, probably, but they have a ton of probably-actually-planned-parts-of-the-game "stretch goals" set up and I have to imagine it's a disappointing launch for them.

I personally have zero interest in a solo-only board game. I know there's a market for them, but it seems like it's a small one compared to traditional multiplayer stuff.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

armorer posted:

I personally have zero interest in a solo-only board game. I know there's a market for them, but it seems like it's a small one compared to traditional multiplayer stuff.
Me either. I appreciate solo modes on multiplayer games - playing Canvas solo has been a delight, for example - but something this huge and chonky that I can only play by myself? Nope.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I thought there was a lot of buzz around this, so it's surprising not to see it smash the funding goal day one.

Reckon between Tiny Epic + Root all the big brand money is gone, so it's probably just ill timed.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I'm not really a Batman fan but a solo Batman game sounds rad as hell. Unfortunately, the Kickstarter opens by telling you that it's based on Frank Millar's Batman.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of RPGs The One Ring 2E continues to rocket up the charts, so to speak.

Even a friend of mine who hasn't played a roleplaying game in years has contacted me about it. Pretty hype to try the system out. 1st edition looked great but I never got it to the table.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I'm not really a Batman fan but a solo Batman game sounds rad as hell. Unfortunately, the Kickstarter opens by telling you that it's based on Frank Millar's Batman.

Isn’t Miller’s Batman comic considered one of the best Batman comics? I’ve always heard good things about it but I’ve just started hearing a bunch of people hating on it recently.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

$1.5k for all in on red dragon inn lmfao at that poo poo

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vidmaster posted:

Isn’t Miller’s Batman comic considered one of the best Batman comics? I’ve always heard good things about it but I’ve just started hearing a bunch of people hating on it recently.

Miller went batshit insane and everything he's made the last few decades is hot trash, so it's not looked at kindly retroactively, but I think it's pretty good.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
The miniatures are also ugly. Frank Miller has a very distinctive art style, and regardless of whether you think it works in comic form it clearly does not work in 3D. Gordon's the only mini that looks good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
TDKR is an important, landmark work that has been hugely influential and has absolutely earned its reputation - but it also came out 35 years ago and is probably not the hottest, most in-demand version of Batman out there right now.

TDKR is closer in time to the debut of The Honeymooners than it is to the Harley Quinn animated series. It's contemporaneous with Max Headroom and New Coke. It's a quaint piece of 1980s nostalgia.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Kaza42 posted:

The miniatures are also ugly. Frank Miller has a very distinctive art style, and regardless of whether you think it works in comic form it clearly does not work in 3D. Gordon's the only mini that looks good
Batman has enormous tits. No, they are not pecs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

$1.5k for all in on red dragon inn lmfao at that poo poo

Bad game is bad