Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Whelp, Im gonna do it. Im gonna FOMO and toss a few grand into GME tomorrow if it hasnt burst. That means itll be around $35 on Friday and Ill be telling myself "well, at least now you dont have to worry about what could have been".

I hope it works out!

GME will be $64.0291 at close on Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

38.56 on GME. I wish they would've learned last time. How many of these kids are gonna get burned again.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
47$ on GME.

I hope it’s 69.42 though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

gregday posted:

GME will be worth 1,400 DOGE

Current value of this guess is about 78.4 dollars a share.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

GME earnings are reported Thursday afternoon post close.

The next few trading days will be some truly amazing IV crush

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

I put in some Stop orders on AMC and BB to try and limit my losses, since they've come up close to what I bought in at. If only Nokia would go up, making my calls not worthless and I don't take a bath on those.

Might YOLO whatever I get into more NDRA

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GME 90.00

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.
Everything is so stupid that I'm tempted to throw away money at some crazy OTM calls tomorrow and set a sell limit of $420 and hope that the wild ride carries just far enough for me to profit big and get the hell out.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
gme 190 friday close in time for a 69 monday open

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
GME 52.66

I decided to do a quick analysis for fun, and I found that over the last three months (Nov-Jan) 26% of FDA 510(k) approvals were on a Friday, and another 19% on Thursdays. Crossing my fingers for NDRA this month. 🤞

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Gme $267.50

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Polish Pirate posted:

Everything is so stupid that I'm tempted to throw away money at some crazy OTM calls tomorrow and set a sell limit of $420 and hope that the wild ride carries just far enough for me to profit big and get the hell out.

The premiums will already be nuts even on way otm

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

drunken officeparty posted:

No, 4:00 market close on Friday.

Bets must be in by 9:30 tomorrow.

There seem to be some conflicts already, particularly for 420.69. If we're going by Price is Right rules, this is not legal.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Please consider doing spreads people.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
GME 58.40 on close Friday.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

UnfurledSails posted:

I cannot understand them therefore I stay away

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I will be very upset if my bet ends up being correct.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

UnfurledSails posted:

hows that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

crazysim posted:

There seem to be some conflicts already, particularly for 420.69. If we're going by Price is Right rules, this is not legal.

Yeah but if it closes at $420.69 the honorable thing to do is award everyone who absolutely nailed it AND buy a smilie.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Yeah but if it closes at $420.69 the honorable thing to do is award everyone who absolutely nailed it AND buy a smilie.

If it’s 420.69 the whole thread should have to collectively buy office party a share of GME.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

That DICK! posted:

hows that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0L4F7yC8EE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-dNtEG2Ujs

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!

Guess where the zero goes?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Is this the PMCC stuff thetagang on Reddit’s get super aroused by?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Virigoth posted:

Is this the PMCC stuff thetagang on Reddit’s get super aroused by?

No that's this: https://www.reddit.com/r/thetagang/comments/jhmpyr/pmcc_strategy/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Xegaus posted:

Up your rear end!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xegaus posted:

On the form where you report capital gains

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

gregday posted:

On the form where you report capital gains

That’s generous to assume it’s going to be a capital gains report and not a capital losses report.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Capital losses for capital BOSSES

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Space Fish posted:

Capital losses for capital BOSSES

Stock Trading Thread: Capital losses for capital BOSSES

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Stock Trading Thread: Capital losses for capital BOSSES

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

$694.20

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

It made the news last time and there are so many people that feel they missed out. I think theres going to be a dog pile tomorrow and assuming I still have the nerve Im going to try to be part of it. Im expecting GME to sky rocket more because of massive buying momentum than an actual squeeze. Also, I am very, very dumb.

This is what is going to happen. Last time every person knew about what happened and a ton of people missed out. As soon as they hear it is happening again everybody that rode it the first time and everybody that missed out will pile back in.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Assuming that this is good, what are some other good Youtubers who talk about and explain stocks?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
77.77 cmonnnn GME

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

UnfurledSails posted:

[option spreads videos]

Are the maximum loses explained here actually the absolute worst case limit? You are guaranteed to always make or lose some quantity of money within the calculated limits, there are no ways the planets could line up causing you to lose more than the calculated max?

I recognize this is a very dumb question, because the risks are clearly spelled out in these videos, but selling options still scares me so I'd like some reassurance. Like, I know it lowers your potential gains, but it surprises me so many people lose all of their money when there are methods like this to protect yourself.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

140.01 bob

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

pseudorandom posted:

Are the maximum loses explained here actually the absolute worst case limit? You are guaranteed to always make or lose some quantity of money within the calculated limits, there are no ways the planets could line up causing you to lose more than the calculated max?

Yes your wins and losses are clearly defined. It can be hard to trust and make the calculations on the fly at first, so I recommend visualizing things with https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/ before you make a trade. In fact everybody who is new to options should use this, spreads or not.

pseudorandom posted:

Like, I know it lowers your potential gains, but it surprises me so many people lose all of their money when there are methods like this to protect yourself.

that's mainly because

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I cannot understand them therefore I stay away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

UnfurledSails posted:

Yes your wins and losses are clearly defined. It can be hard to trust and make the calculations on the fly at first, so I recommend visualizing things with https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/ before you make a trade. In fact everybody who is new to options should use this, spreads or not.

that's mainly because

If you are looking for a better tool visually, I've really been enjoying messing with https://optionstrat.com/