Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Love me some compressible liquid fur snakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i dont understand why people who want ferrets dont just get a skunk

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i know someone who was taking a poo poo with the bathroom and back yard door open once, and a skunk came inside and said whats up lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yeah but California doesn’t have the boring flat landscape and has better weather 99% of the time.

Somebody's never driven through the Central Valley.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yep, it's California but without most of the good parts here.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rah! posted:

i know someone who was taking a poo poo with the bathroom and back yard door open once, and a skunk came inside and said whats up lol

people who use the toilet with the bathroom door open are disgusting barnyard animals so it makes sense the skunk thought it was welcome there

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Skunks can be used for rabbiting? Stinks them out of the warren or chases?

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Cicero posted:

What, why? Aren't ferrets domesticated?

The Brian Jacques lobby has been investing heavily in demonizing propaganda for the last 30-40 years.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I wish I could own a ferret and a skunk. That would loving rock.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What now? Oh, you mean the void between SoCal and the Bay? Yeah, that place doesn't count. Other than feeding millions of people. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
To be fair, skunks are relatively chill animals 99% of the time. They just want to eat rodents/garbage and sleep. They make decent pets if you have their musk-sack removed as well.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

FilthyImp posted:

I wish I could own a ferret and a skunk. That would loving rock.

Come by my place and bring a live trap, if you can catch one, you can keep it.

You might get a racoon instead, but they're also pretty cool.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

ahhhhh wild animals should not be kept as pets unless you absolutely know what you're doing and even then loving don't ahhhhh

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

To be fair, skunks are relatively chill animals 99% of the time. They just want to eat rodents/garbage and sleep. They make decent pets if you have their musk-sack removed as well.

Same

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I just want a capybara. There's no reason for them to be illegal. They aren't invasive. They don't even want to live in the wild. They just want to chill on the sofa and swim in the pool.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Tuxedo Gin posted:

I just want a capybara. There's no reason for them to be illegal. They aren't invasive. They don't even want to live in the wild. They just want to chill on the sofa and swim in the pool.

My cult worships the capybara as our lord and savior.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Tuxedo Gin posted:

A capybara and two kittens.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hate cats but if I was given a Devon Rex then I might be cool with it

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Are they not invasive? Nutria certainly are, I always figured they had a similar niche

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Are they not invasive? Nutria certainly are, I always figured they had a similar niche

Nutria were brought here for pelts, not pets, from what I understand.

I would hope that capybaras are brought here just for being pets.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FilthyImp posted:

I hate cats but if I was given a Devon Rex then I might be cool with it

My dream cat is that breed of big cat that's as big as a puma and acts like a dog

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

sb hermit posted:

Nutria were brought here for pelts, not pets, from what I understand.

I would hope that capybaras are brought here just for being pets.

Sure, but the intent doesn't have anything to do with how easily something could become invasive

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I wish I had a golden retriever as a pet. And a house with a big backyard and a pool near good jobs. And a good job that can afford all of this, including someone to cut my lawn. How many more wishes do I have?

Although I'm (a little) serious about the golden retriever, I can do without the rest, because eat the rich

if I do get the guillotine, at least spare the doggo, she won't bite.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Sure, but the intent doesn't have anything to do with how easily something could become invasive

I agree. But if we could find a way to import spayed and or neutered capybaras then at least maybe that's a more achievable goal than fixing the housing problem or getting a comprehensive federal (yes, I know this is a state thread) immigration bill passed.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

any invasive species in a state with this much agriculture is pretty much always going to be a nonstarter with any politician. nobody wants their legacy to be 30-50 feral capybaras

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

sb hermit posted:

But if we could find a way to import spayed and or neutered capybaras then at least maybe that's a more achievable goal

People do fake animal health certificates all the time, it'd simply be a matter of time before someone faked the certs for a "spayed/neutered" couple.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

OMGVBFLOL posted:

nobody wants their legacy to be 30-50 feral capybaras

Speak for yourself buddy

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

any invasive species in a state with this much agriculture is pretty much always going to be a nonstarter with any politician. nobody wants their legacy to be 30-50 feral capybaras

pasadena's legacy parrots and peacocks are cool though. more cities should have random wild groups of misplaced animals!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Capybaras are invasive, in the right climate.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

pasadena's legacy parrots and peacocks are cool though. more cities should have random wild groups of misplaced animals!
San Francisco's Telegraph Hill parrots are so cool they got a movie made about them.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

My dream cat is that breed of big cat that's as big as a puma and acts like a dog

Cheetahs are reportedly like big, very anxious dogs. Solo zoo ones are sometimes raised with puppies so that they see their dog buddies being calm and happy and settle down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vKWk6tc2zY

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Although I'm (a little) serious about the golden retriever, I can do without the rest, because eat the rich

Golden Retrievers are overrated (and often cancer factories), get a Leonberger instead.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

HelloSailorSign posted:

Golden Retrievers are overrated awesome

:yeah:

quote:

(and often cancer factories)

:smith: ... yeah ...

quote:

get a Leonberger instead.

wow, that's a pretty cool breed

Still, I was thinking maybe I'll move up north and get a landseer or great pyrenees. But a leonberger sounds good too

or I'll just get a rescue

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Still, I was thinking maybe I'll move up north and get a landseer or great pyrenees. But a leonberger sounds good too

Could check to see if there are any livestock guardian dog retirement/rescue/rehome places.

I mean I love me a lovely Golden Retriever it's just that like Great Danes or Boxers (and numerous others) they're genetically bound to end in sadness sooner than they should.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Santa Ana also has a traveling tropical bird swarm that apparently escaped from a store at some point and have just multiplied into a large flock. When I lived there it was always funny to suddenly be drowned out by hundreds of tropical bird noises when the flock arrived nearby.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I normally see a two or four green parrots fly over my house just before sunset every day. Last week, a flock of at least 30 flew by.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

HelloSailorSign posted:

Could check to see if there are any livestock guardian dog retirement/rescue/rehome places.

I mean I love me a lovely Golden Retriever it's just that like Great Danes or Boxers (and numerous others) they're genetically bound to end in sadness sooner than they should.

I just need a big yard

which basically means I have to move out of California

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

sb hermit posted:

The really big breeds, sadly, have shortened lives; an average of 7-10 years, depending on the breed.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

sb hermit posted:

I just need a big yard

which basically means I have to move out of California

There's plenty of dog-having space in between Sacramento and Bakersfield!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

maybe I'll just get a cat