Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

dangerburrd posted:

I dreamt I got a ps5 and the new spider man but they’d implemented a system where Miles could (and quite often did) break his legs. In the dream I’d read an article about games implementing this to pad out length by lowering walk speed. I started swinging on webs and immediately smashed into a building and collapsed, whereupon Peter Parker came around the corner and took us to a long tutorial section and there was this long tutorial section on playing with broken legs. When your legs were broken you could only crawl unless you had a wheelchair, and jumping sections would always have a ramp or vents to crawl through if you came upon them with your legs broken. He was explaining how I’d have to hold down L1 while web swinging to cling onto my wheelchair as I swung around, lest I drop it and have to go back to slowly crawling everywhere. I start swinging around and am immediately attacked by some criminals who shoot a rocket into my wheelchair, destroying it even though I was holding the button. Peter was like “Yowza! Looks like you have to crawl until you find another wheelchair. This might take a while...you don’t mind, do you?”

I turned off the game and started texting my brother about it when I woke up

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

dangerburrd posted:

I dreamt I got a ps5 and the new spider man but they’d implemented a system where Miles could (and quite often did) break his legs. In the dream I’d read an article about games implementing this to pad out length by lowering walk speed. I started swinging on webs and immediately smashed into a building and collapsed, whereupon Peter Parker came around the corner and took us to a long tutorial section and there was this long tutorial section on playing with broken legs. When your legs were broken you could only crawl unless you had a wheelchair, and jumping sections would always have a ramp or vents to crawl through if you came upon them with your legs broken. He was explaining how I’d have to hold down L1 while web swinging to cling onto my wheelchair as I swung around, lest I drop it and have to go back to slowly crawling everywhere. I start swinging around and am immediately attacked by some criminals who shoot a rocket into my wheelchair, destroying it even though I was holding the button. Peter was like “Yowza! Looks like you have to crawl until you find another wheelchair. This might take a while...you don’t mind, do you?”

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

dangerburrd posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

people just not responding to your questions is such a weird recurring dream thing

i wish i knew why stuff like that is so common in dreams. like, suddenly realizing your naked makes sense because it's just a common fear but stuff like "you can feel your teeth falling out" and "suddenly you can't work a keyboard/smart phone at all" are so weird and universal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've had the 'crashed my car 30 times driving to work' one a few times. But nobody ever talks back in my dreams either, it's like a rockstar game where people just kind of glance at you and keep walking on their pre determined path

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

dangerburrd posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

remembering the time i was talking about dreams to one of my college roommates and i brought up how it's weird that we don't really know why need to sleep and he looked at me like i was the world's biggest idiot and said "what do you mean? it's because we get tired."

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

remembering the time i was talking about dreams to one of my college roommates and i brought up how it's weird that we don't really know why need to sleep and he looked at me like i was the world's biggest idiot and said "what do you mean? it's because we get tired."

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He’s got you there.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

dangerburrd posted:

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i wish i knew why stuff like that is so common in dreams. like, suddenly realizing your naked makes sense because it's just a common fear but stuff like "you can feel your teeth falling out" and "suddenly you can't work a keyboard/smart phone at all" are so weird and universal

i get the teeth falling out one all the time, in the dream all my teeth crumble and then fall out, then i grow more that come pre-crumbling and already falling out and that keeps going for like 20 minutes in dream. i ve heard that it's an anxiety dream but like, my life is as non-anxious now as it's ever been. idk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

dangerburrd posted:

https://crippledspideyswinger.ytmnd.com/

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

dangerburrd posted:

good god lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

dangerburrd posted:

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

dangerburrd posted:

I start swinging around and am immediately attacked by some criminals who shoot a rocket into my wheelchair, destroying it even though I was holding the button. Peter was like “Yowza! Looks like you have to crawl until you find another wheelchair. This might take a while...you don’t mind, do you?”

ahaha

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

dangerburrd posted:

lmfao at “Yowza!”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had this super loving elaborate and coherent dream last night and I'm still processing it. It started with me entering an apartment in Russia somewhere and immediately realising something was kind of off/creepy (not just normal Russian off/creepy). There were two other guys there dressed as STALKER stalkers but I instinctively knew they were friendly and trustworthy. After a while, I noticed looking out of the window that the scene sometimes shifted to a ruined, post-apocalyptic one with gangs roaming around and a man in a tracksuit pushing a bag on some swings then hitting it violently with a baseball bat(?), then back to normal. But the "normal" was a bit off too, and then I thought to myself - I can't remember which one is my original timeline.

Eventually the Hitman 3 detection yellow arrow appeared on my screen and I was annoyed that they still hadn't sorted the faulty guard sight lines from the new missions, but then realised I could use this to lure in one of the bandits and get some survival gear for myself. It worked, and after a few tense minutes we heard fumbling at the door and shouts of "he's in here!". The other stalker guys were confused as hell, then the one assailant burst in the door and I shot him with a gigantic desert eagle.

I explained the situation to them and the weird seeing-different-timelines thing. At first they were incredulous but then they saw what I meant and went "oh, yeah, that's normal". I tried to loot the dead bandit but the inventory menu was super confusing and it turned out I couldn't take the clothing from this one, so we had to let more of them attack and I went through them one by one looking for one I could get equipment from, but they just all had tins of beans.

A few more people arrived and instead of grizzled stalkers they were nice young folk and hot babes. Looking back, maybe the stalkers were from the post-apocalyptic timeline and the hot babes were from the "modern/normal" one but I wasn't super clear on this in the dream and still am not sure which one my original timeline was. I jumped into the bath/shower/jacuzzi (unclear) with the hot babes with the excuse that we were all stuck here now so might as well get comfortable. I was a bit worried because I knew more people would come to this strange time-displaced sanctuary and it was already pretty crowded with five or six of us, so I figured I should make the most of this and make sure we were a tight-knit group so we could establish authority over newcomers.

There was a timeskip around this point, but I got flashes of new arrivals appearing, some of my original allies dying in raids, radiation etc. I stayed mostly fine, but despite my status as a Founder, quickly became unpopular and alienated as cool people arrived, including one dude who picked on me a bit in high school but who I haven't really thought about in like 12 years. He was really bad at picking on me but was really popular, so it mostly just took the form of him shouting randomly and asking if my dick was big while his friends looked confused and uncomfortable, and this was how it turned out in the dream as well. However, he had also turned some of our peaceful apartment base into a Cool Kids' Nightclub and I was annoyed at our sanctuary being disturbed, so I went to bed.

While in bed it became a game of Space Station 13 and I overheard intruders/traitors using the room to discuss their murder plans. They spotted me and gave me a recording of themselves planning treachery, and also a lightsaber, telling me to do some convoluted hacking thing or else they would kill me.

I told people I trusted about the badly planned traitor plot, but the place was so busy I found it difficult to get them alone. I started spotting the traitors mingling around, they really stood out because they were all memorable Skyrim NPCs, such as "Flapping Eggboy" the wizard and "btc_007" the rogue. Eventually, I realised how to get attention and expose their plot (playing their plot recording which they gave me didn't occur to me for some reason, maybe I figured people wouldn't hear it over the music?), so I killed the ineffectual bully guy with my lightsaber and when everyone looked over and drew their guns, I surrendered and played the recording. The plotters were hunted down and my wife (one of the hot babes was my wife now apparently) was like "but wait, bully guy wasn't one of them" and I laughed and said "uh, yeah, he was, it's fine". One of the surviving traitors then murdered me.

I *think* I woke up at this point and was so annoyed and wanted to get back to the dream to see what happened next, so for some reason I asked my girlfriend to "bonk me" as I knew this would send me back to sleep. She was like wtf but I insisted, so she lightly slapped my arm and I guess that worked? Maybe this was a dream too.

I got back into the dream and it turned out I had survived my shooting, but only had one life left. Me and one of my most trusted lieutenants were out patrolling for rations and supplies to start fighting back against the robots(?), we did OK until a Barioth from Monster Hunter turned up and started chasing us. While fleeing back to the tower (we had taken over the full apartment block at this point and things had stabilised, I was well-respected as leader and my trusted companions were keeping the peace) it managed to clip me and kill me instantly.

I came back as a ghost and realised that my psychic link to the people of the tower had kept me tethered to it, and realised I could talk/prod people to a limited extent. I started by driving one of the traitors (still around somehow) insane by squeezing him with my ghost fingers, then went over to talk to my wife. I managed to answer some yes/no questions with her by establishing "squeeze once for yes, twice for no" but she just kept asking me what the afterlife was like and if it was truly full of immense suffering and cold.

I realised that I could drain life force from people and started doing it to the traitor, but they exposed me by splashing some green liquid on me that made me corporeal. I sort of grinned and shrugged like "what can you do?" and my men were immediately about to finish me off when they realised it was me, and said "ok, ground rule, you stay in the bathroom and you can communicate with your wife there, but nowhere else". I regretted that with the place becoming bigger and bigger it had turned into a very professional military operation and they couldn't show me special favours.

I realised however that the weird body possession/draining powers were what the enemy was using to manipulate our world and keep us oppressed. I started tactically draining enemies, babies and disused servers, and growing in power as I did so. Eventually I basically became Neo and revealed myself to everyone, explaining that I was now a physical god and I would lead them to freedom at last. The remaining traitors tried to attack and kill me but I effortlessly threw them around the room. At this point I was sort of aware that it was a dream and kept running through scenarios in my head as to how best to handle stuff, but not in that boring way dreams sometimes do where you just think/try to do stuff but it doesn't work. I let them hurt me a bit because I thought it would stay more interesting if I wasn't immortal, but still defeated them with ease.

My next step was to point out that the other, identical office block across the road was where our greatest enemies lived, and that we must prepare for war. I took my allies to the beach and granted my closest friends a measure of my power, using the beach as a metaphor and saying "when we take from the sea, it grants us a measure of its water, but my friends, the sea is infinite. The beach is also like that". I decided it would be more interesting if I had to rest and recover after sharing my power and that this might lure the enemy to attack, which it did. The battle began too early and I was like "poo poo, you guys should just absorb the life of all the normal people in the tower so you get stronger, they're not going to be of any use anyway" and they were like wtf no so we compromised and they just absorbed the life of the babies and old people, which was apparently not an issue morally. We won the battle and it came down to me and the big bad guy having a Neo/Smith fight, but it was in 2D and it mostly involved mashing my keyboard to make stupid canned animations play, like knocking him into Bugs Bunny who would slap him with a big stack of sliced salami. I kept mashing my keyboard but did it too hard, so it then broke and fell apart. This led to an extremely frustrating section where I had to put the keys back on, but the enter key had a weird cog/whisk mechanism to deal with underneath and I couldn't figure out where the five-inch metal rod was supposed to go, etc.

While I was distracted I won the battle and looked out of the window, where things were back to normal and a lengthy period of peace and prosperity had passed. I was back in the world even after sacrificing myself, and made my way incognito to the great area of worship where me and my enemy had killed each other and frozen our bodies in time. We looked like Articuno and Zapdos but apparently it was a fair fight. The guards wouldn't let me past so I demonstrated some of my remaining cool Matrix powers by dancing around them, made my way to my frozen great enemy and peed on him.

I am absolutely loving exhausted today, that took a lot out of me. I woke up half an hour before my alarm and dozed off again and immediately had a really vivid dream about how Yoko Ono had killed John Lennon by drowning him in a sacrificial pool, and Jackie Chan tried to stop her, but all he could do was swap bodies with John Lennon at the last second and he got drowned instead, so now the currently-alive Jackie Chan is apparently John Lennon in disguise and he's hiding his identity as he's still terrified of being murdered by Yoko Ono.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

jesus christ

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

*Sighing at my D&D group in exasperation* Guys, we can’t all play as btc_007 or Flapping Eggboy, you’re supposed to come up with original characters

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when we take from the sea, it grants us a measure of its water, but my friends, the sea is infinite. The beach is also like that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Steven Wright's joke about him asking his grandpa about a strange dream he had and he asks what it means and grandpa says It means you were sleepin.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Steven Wright's joke about him asking his grandpa about a strange dream he had and he asks what it means and grandpa says It means you were sleepin.

Lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dreamed I was playing FFXIV and an extra hard new raid dungeon had just dropped. I queued in and it dumped me into a party in progress at the final boss, mid combat, with only one other DPS alive and he'd been soloing for while and I just sort of knew that my being there was supposed to be a dramatic turn of the tide and everyone was counting on me. But I couldn't help much cause there were all these crazy AOE patterns that I had to learn as I went and I was playing black mage which can't move and attack. Also my controls were messed up, not in game but like the mouse was on my left side even though I'm right handed and there was no chance to fix it. So eventually I died and then the other guy did with 1% left on the boss.

Felt bad but after being awake several hours I suddenly realize the other guy was a red mage and could have just rezzed the loving healer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dreamed that I found out I had a long lost brother and I was anxious to meet him. My other brothers didn't want to, they wanted me to check him out first. he looked a lot like me, except what was left of his hair was red and he was mostly bald. we met at a cafe and he seemed nice, but also really familiar in a way I couldn't put my finger on. "come back to my place," he said. "I have some pictures of you and I together."

his place was kind of a mess, but he had a big glass display case with every copy of Nintendo power, and suddenly I realized he was Nestor from Nestor's Adventures. he laughed when I brought it up and said "I thought you knew!" I saw that he'd kept a virtual boy and an n64 with his games. he talked about how it was tough for former young celebrities. he'd tried getting big on Twitter as NP_Nestor, but he hasn't really had anything interesting to say. he had huge bookshelves filled with paper and when I asked what was in them, he said "oh, I got really into dungeons and dragons.". they were all campaigns he'd run, and it was apparently how he made a living.

"there's a group of us that meet," he said. "charlie from the chocolate factory used to show up, but he has kids of his own now. I dated mara wilson once." he looked sort of wistful, like he missed that way more than he missed being the Nintendo power mascot. he explained that the eve 6 guy had told them to gently caress off and they'd had to stop inviting the little girl from Hook because she was a manipulative psychopath.

eventually he invited me along for a meeting. among the people there were the guy who played rufio, kermit's nephew (like, the actual muppet), and macaulay culkin. they were all a little wary of me at first and then I said "and every young minor character from every universe comes in for a BIIIIIG party!" and somehow that broke the ice.

mac was fascinated by me. "whoa, Nestor's brother looks just like me!!" he said. "come here, Nestor's brother." he monopolized the conversation with me and finally pulled me aside "to have a serious talk." he brought me out of the building and said "stand here a sec," then walked away. then I heard someone yell "we got him this time!" and I saw the Wet Bandits approaching!

they grabbed me and took me toward a dock, and I understood they were going to drown me. I tried to explain that I wasn't macaulay and I said it was like the Opera House in final fantasy 6.

"final fantasy?" said Marv. "harry, this kid's talking in riddles."
"I hate the opera," said harry. "you know I hate the opera Marv."
they just kept dragging me toward the water and I tried to scream for help and I woke up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao at this page

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

dreamed that I found out I had a long lost brother and I was anxious to meet him. My other brothers didn't want to, they wanted me to check him out first. he looked a lot like me, except what was left of his hair was red and he was mostly bald. we met at a cafe and he seemed nice, but also really familiar in a way I couldn't put my finger on. "come back to my place," he said. "I have some pictures of you and I together."

his place was kind of a mess, but he had a big glass display case with every copy of Nintendo power, and suddenly I realized he was Nestor from Nestor's Adventures. he laughed when I brought it up and said "I thought you knew!" I saw that he'd kept a virtual boy and an n64 with his games. he talked about how it was tough for former young celebrities. he'd tried getting big on Twitter as NP_Nestor, but he hasn't really had anything interesting to say. he had huge bookshelves filled with paper and when I asked what was in them, he said "oh, I got really into dungeons and dragons.". they were all campaigns he'd run, and it was apparently how he made a living.

"there's a group of us that meet," he said. "charlie from the chocolate factory used to show up, but he has kids of his own now. I dated mara wilson once." he looked sort of wistful, like he missed that way more than he missed being the Nintendo power mascot. he explained that the eve 6 guy had told them to gently caress off and they'd had to stop inviting the little girl from Hook because she was a manipulative psychopath.

eventually he invited me along for a meeting. among the people there were the guy who played rufio, kermit's nephew (like, the actual muppet), and macaulay culkin. they were all a little wary of me at first and then I said "and every young minor character from every universe comes in for a BIIIIIG party!" and somehow that broke the ice.

mac was fascinated by me. "whoa, Nestor's brother looks just like me!!" he said. "come here, Nestor's brother." he monopolized the conversation with me and finally pulled me aside "to have a serious talk." he brought me out of the building and said "stand here a sec," then walked away. then I heard someone yell "we got him this time!" and I saw the Wet Bandits approaching!

they grabbed me and took me toward a dock, and I understood they were going to drown me. I tried to explain that I wasn't macaulay and I said it was like the Opera House in final fantasy 6.

they just kept dragging me toward the water and I tried to scream for help and I woke up.

lmfao holy poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmao oh my god

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

then I said "and every young minor character from every universe comes in for a BIIIIIG party!" and somehow that broke the ice.

Lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they dont call em the wet bandits for nothin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You could probably hire Macaulay Culkin to film a reenactment of that dream tbh.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You could probably hire Macaulay Culkin to film a reenactment of that dream tbh.

sure l, but I don't think I can afford the rates for the Muppet kid

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

if you have a big enough youtube channel he'll probably just turn up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Had a dream last night that they announced a game called "Pokemon Tennis" as part of the pokemon anniversary thing, and the premise was basically that you had to swap out pokemon on the fly to knock an elemental ball back and forth that would change every time it was hit.

They did the whole "a free demo will be available on the eshop following this presentation" thing, so I went to download it and there were like 16 different "starter" versions of it that were all huge in size (like 70 GB) and you apparently had to buy elemental tennis balls in packs for like $5.

I ended up messaging a friend on discord to complain about how it'd end up being like 500GB and hundreds of dollars to get the full experience and he kept replying "lol, it's just rock paper scissors dude."