Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

:stare:

The Bodyguard sequel gon be lit

I think you mean the latest Taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Timby posted:

Just read that the Arizona GOP is introducing a whole new set of election laws, including a constitutional amendment, to put authority over election results in the hands of the legislature, not the state elections board.

They really don't care at all about even pretending to appear above-board, do they?

Yup! Sucks real bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1364804593625018371?s=19

Ts & Ps to our neighbors up north.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Need some fat in the butter. Need your cows to get thick.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

JPrime posted:

Yup! Sucks real bad.

Thankfully if it even passes the legislature and signed by the governor it’ll be up for a final vote in the midterms to determine if it actually becomes a thing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I sense a jackbox answer in the making

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Leave the butter outside the fridge.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Hard Butter is the title of my Vince Wilfork slashfic

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

To be fair, if we had robust social programs and reasonable healthcare we could worry about stupid poo poo too. Seems quaint.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Palm oil wouldn't shock me since it's basically the substitute for sugar in animal feeds in east and southeast Asia. Which says either 1.) commercial dairies and ranches are switching to Asian feedstock since the price of Asian commodity feed is getting on par with North American (again, cheap palm oil), 2.) that they're importing milk from Asia because commercial farms overreacted during the shutdowns last year and killed their cattle in the name of quarterly earnings, or worse 3.) theyr'e straight up importing cattle from Asia to replace culled stocks last year. Takes about 13 to 15 months to get a dairy calf to begin milking so replacement North American born dairy cows aren't producing milk yet.

And the oversupply of palm oil is a drat shame since oil palm farming is terrible for the environment and it's brutal work, not to mention these plantations are being cut out of the rainforest.

tl;dr :capitalism:

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 25, 2021

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

LeeMajors posted:

To be fair, if we had robust social programs and reasonable healthcare we could worry about stupid poo poo too. Seems quaint.

Maybe you missed it but we are days away from a mr potato head secession.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Duh, it's winter, idiots. Everyone knows butter doesn't spread worth a poo poo for more than half the year.

Timby posted:

Just read that the Arizona GOP is introducing a whole new set of election laws, including a constitutional amendment, to put authority over election results in the hands of the legislature, not the state elections board.

They really don't care at all about even pretending to appear above-board, do they?

No, it is completely blatant. One of Stacy Abrams' big successes was getting groups of Black voters to go to the polls after church, so now the Georgia GOP is trying to disallow voting on Sundays.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Pops Mgee posted:

Maybe you missed it but we are days away from a mr potato head secession.

I hope that's how the chapter in the school history book is titled. "The Potato Head Secession."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

I hope that's how the chapter in the school history book is titled. "The Potato Head Secession."

That's one of the nicer names for Trump that I've heard.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Walmart getting Xbox and PS5s today if you're looking:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X/443574645

Not finding PS5 link.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I never ever buy individual stocks, but I let my brother talk me into buying one, and now I'm getting 10 texts a day from him about every price movement. I told him to stop watching this thing go up and down all day.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Really shouldn’t even be called Potato Head. The potato is the whole body.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Pops Mgee posted:

Really shouldn’t even be called Potato Head. The potato is the whole body.

Mr Potato Body was my nickname in college.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Making an attachment called the Mr Potato hog which is a huge dick and gonna make bank.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kind of cool - in my company's Black History Month stream today I noticed they listed preferred pronouns in the presenters' chyrons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dango Bango posted:

Kind of cool - in my company's Black History Month stream today I noticed they listed preferred pronouns in the presenters' chyrons.

In my company new hire orientation I was encouraged but not required to say what pronouns I preferred and they're also listed on my company internal profile as well. Kind of neat!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

All of the directors and presenters who spoke had them in the quarterly business update for our site of ~3,000 people in a company much larger than that. It's not uncommon for people to have them in their email signatures here as well.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

LeeMajors posted:

Republicans call people snowflakes for being outraged about legit human rights abuses then poo poo themselves with rage over a toy being rebranded.

Fragile, dickless morons.
It's projection

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have enough of a gender neutral name that I'd do poo poo in email to try and make it obvious what my gender was well before it became common, even though I'm cis male and no one who ever met me in person would be confused about that.

When I was 23 and just moved to Berkeley I applied to basically every single retail and restaurant job I could find on Craigslist without reading them closely and ended up getting an interview at Title 9 sports and the poor person interviewing me had to pretend she was gonna give a fair assessment to a bearded 23 year old dude for a job that frequently involved measuring women for sports bras.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's projection

Oh no I get it. It doesn’t make it any less infuriating or hypocritical.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Skwirl posted:

When I was 23 and just moved to Berkeley I applied to basically every single retail and restaurant job I could find on Craigslist without reading them closely and ended up getting an interview at Title 9 sports and the poor person interviewing me had to pretend she was gonna give a fair assessment to a bearded 23 year old dude for a job that frequently involved measuring women for sports bras.

:lol:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They really should have done a brief phone interview first, I don't have the deepest voice, but it still would have been obvious enough it would have saved us both a lot of time (I had to take 2 loving busses to get there)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

Did you get the job?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Skwirl posted:

They really should have done a brief phone interview first, I don't have the deepest voice, but it still would have been obvious enough it would have saved us both a lot of time (I had to take 2 loving busses to get there)

Maybe they implemented that part of the screening process after your experience, although I'd guess there were Don Dimello level creeps who showed up unashamed before you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Making an attachment called the Mr Potato hog which is a huge dick and gonna make bank.

The Pro Tuber

Skwirl posted:

I have enough of a gender neutral name that I'd do poo poo in email to try and make it obvious what my gender was well before it became common, even though I'm cis male and no one who ever met me in person would be confused about that.

I mean, it sounds like an interesting job if you could've gotten it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AnIllicitWriter/status/1364461850583207940?s=19

I just love how triumphant that cat is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intruder posted:

Did you get the job?

No I got a job as a waiter at a Nigerian restaurant and got to explain to some German tourists that Nigerian food is different than Ethiopian food because they were pissed the food didn't come served on that giant flat bread you get at Ethiopian restaurants.

Restaurant failed in a year, but I think it had more to do with the location and food prices than the quality of the food or service.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love him, excellent.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I never ever buy individual stocks, but I let my brother talk me into buying one, and now I'm getting 10 texts a day from him about every price movement. I told him to stop watching this thing go up and down all day.

Which stonk? We call them stonks now. Also I just had to log in to my brokerage account to watch the action on GME at the end of the day and boy did it not disappoint. Watching a stonk lose 30% of its value in ten minutes is impressive as hell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know they kill like a bazillion song birds, but outdoor cats are so much cooler than indoor ones.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1365038178814590995

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I know they kill like a bazillion song birds, but outdoor cats are so much cooler than indoor ones.

They also get fleas and ticks and worms, and they get and spread feline leukemia and FIV, get hit by cars and killed by coyotes, and have an average life expectancy of two to five years. But it is fun to watch them explore and exploit their outdoor environments, that's for sure!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol god dammit, of course Hasbro isn't willing to be progressive on gender identities, but I just noticed that also Mrs. gets 1 fewer pieces than Mr.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Potatx Head

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Civil war averted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU