Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
How long would Magneto have been convinced if Reed didn't bother telling him? Would he have just figured he didn't have powers and never tried to use them ever again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

loving Magneto, how does he work

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Put him near a wooden gun and he doesn’t

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Captain Monkey posted:

if I was magneto I'd just carry around a pocket full of small screws so that I could verify my power's availability at any time.

I'd have a Prince Albert that I could weaponise in emergencies

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

More like Magnedon't

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/party_harderson/status/1365082769559273473?s=21

Since it’ll get deleted

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is it this thread that eat my poo poo and hair came from

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's a Nilla Wafer? Sounds bland.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Captain Monkey posted:

if I was magneto I'd just carry around a pocket full of small screws so that I could verify my power's availability at any time.

Same but ben wa balls.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A lot of screws are non-magnetic. As I have found out to my own cost.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What's a Nilla Wafer? Sounds bland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilla

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it this thread that eat my poo poo and hair came from

That was the meme thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
For those confused, it's not actually the official account of the Nilla brand wafers by Nabisco.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paladinus posted:

For those confused, it's not actually the official account of the Nilla brand wafers by Nabisco.

Sacrificing your blue tick to the gods of posting mischief is a time honoured tradition.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A lot of screws are non-magnetic. As I have found out to my own cost.

well dont buy those if you ever find yourself to have magneto's powers, idiot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nilla wafers are bland but also like crack and I’m upset someone is trying to sully their good name

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nilla wafers' sole use is to alchemically transform banana pudding from garbage into a tasty dessert

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Inceltown posted:

Sacrificing your blue tick to the gods of posting mischief is a time honoured tradition.

Crackers are a family food, happy families. Maybe bisexual people eat crackers, we don't know. Frankly we don't want to know.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Nilla wafers' sole use is to alchemically transform banana pudding from garbage into a tasty dessert

Yes that’s their main use but you can also shove them unceremoniously into your mouth like an animal and devour a box in one sitting.

Uh, so I’m told.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I like Nilla wafers as much as the next person, but banana pudding is still garbage with them or no.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BOrangeFury posted:

I know, I was just making sillies on account of the people who bothered to remember this.

In any case, the worst that can come of this is either being perma'd, which I already have a backup account for, or having some silly LP-relevant custom title that will only shame me in my majority of posts in Pet Island. In either case, money well wasted!

So, 8x6 is too big? I'll have it shrunk. And should I actually start posting in the LP forums, or should I take the next months to refine my style?

flatluigi posted:

Wouldn't that also be banned if you were permabanned?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Animal Friend posted:

I had a magnificently senile maths/physics teacher in high school.

In year 9 we realised that if we sat in the back of class he would literally distract himself after 3-4 students at the front of the class when checking peoples work. The school was going through renovations in that year so there was always lots of storage, particularly for the school musicals in various classrooms. We used to see how many different props we could put on while he was looking away without him noticing, but he never blinked. I once left a class of his wearing multiple plastic top hats and wrapped in fake spider-webs.

He used to give detentions and punishments and then forget about them later that day. He told my friend to collect a bag of rocks during lunch break, which he did. When he brought the teacher the bag of rocks, the teacher was just like "why did you do that?"
"You asked me to."
"Why would I do that?"

You could get him distracted for over an hour by asking any random question. "How do dogs run" and "How is suede made" were stand-outs. He would give lectures on any topic no matter the class. He once spent an entire double period explaining in excruciating detail with hand-drawn diagrams how to build a brick wall. He made it so dull that at one point a kid up front asked if we could please get back to quadratic equations and he said "No, this is something you all need to know."

Anyhow to the relevant information. He had like his second heart attack while I was there. It very nearly killed him and he had a pacemaker put in. During a physics class he plugged in a van de Graaff generator (or something similar; it was some wierd doodad that sent a current through the body) and went to touch it in front of everybody (he was bald). Some kid was like, "Wait, if you have a pacemaker, won't that kill you?" and he chuckled and said "Yeah, probably," and just put it away.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Looks like someone wants to swing at the genderqueers.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

axolotl farmer posted:

Donut filler or stigmata machine?

https://i.imgur.com/8F8x27q.mp4

Queadlunn posted:

:chef: "Hans, why did you design the machine so the needles are pupil-width apart and the actuating levers are were someone could be putting their hands if they're falling towards it?"

:fsn: "..."

GreyjoyBastard posted:

where we're going, we need eyes full of delicious apricot filling to see

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Having trouble finding the classic FYAD thread about Coin Theory. Please help.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it's quoted here, but its a copy from before quotes were linked:

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 19:03 on Feb 26, 2021

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's not before quotes were linked, because the post right after that one is me saying I already posted it, and when I checked my own posts, I found the quotes complete with links.

:thanks:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

sexual toll booth: a pro username.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

My post is there as set-up

Marcade posted:

That has a shameful lack of Paul Bearer. And Kanyon, and Larry Sweeney, and Brodie Lee, and Jesus Christ the more people I think of the more depressing it is.

sticklefifer posted:

Jesus Christ's pro wrestling career was pretty overrated, imo.

ZixTheYeti posted:

And very unprofessional. Took a spear, laid down for a 3 count, then no sold it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Marcade posted:

My post is there as set-up

convincing the kids of the people who beat him to worship him as their god was a pro move

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's not before quotes were linked, because the post right after that one is me saying I already posted it, and when I checked my own posts, I found the quotes complete with links.

on behalf of the thanks ants (thants) you're welcome

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That is so good for going for a less obvious move than the Crucifix

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

My Lovely Horse posted:

That is so good for going for a less obvious move than the Crucifix

As I said in that thread I still think a crucifix powerbomb into a spear would be an amazing tag team finisher. Call it the God killer or something.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i actually edited in like "i guess this is c/p from before we got quote links

apparently it didnt go through, or i dreamt it wtf

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Wachter posted:

yall be dating men who ask the waiter for a mound of loam "with fertiliser", then be surprised that he a Potato Head

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Carthag Tuek posted:

i actually edited in like "i guess this is c/p from before we got quote links

apparently it didnt go through, or i dreamt it wtf
It's bizarre that it was ever formatted without quote links; the original thread is from 2015, years after they were implemented. The quotes in the thread itself have links. The poster you quoted had to go out of his way to remove them. :tinfoil:

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Mar 1, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

MisterOblivious posted:

I've literally heard somebody say that at a shooting event.

"I have 65,000 rounds of 556 I don't need supplies. I'll take them."

Another SA thread discussing those tweets pointed out that solo-preppers are basically the "dragons horde of supplies for a coordinated group."

The thing I've always found funny about prepper cosplay is that if you actually think the apocalypse is coming, you should have giant water tanks and 50lb bags of salt to cure the meat you expect to hunt up in your post-apocolyptic fantasy. If society collapses gold is pointless and salt & water are some of the most valuable resources on the planet.

Salt: A World History

https://www.amazon.com/Salt-World-History-Mark-Kurlansky/dp/0142001619/

Vim Fuego posted:

I read this book. It's a little dry

Cyrano4747 posted:

Dad, log off. You need to mow the lawn.

Discussion Quorum posted:

Was it sodium funny you forgot to laugh?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's bizarre that it was ever formatted without quote links; the original thread is from 2015, years after they were implemented. The quotes in the thread itself have links. The poster you quoted had to go out of his way to remove them. :tinfoil:

Could be hand-crafted if they were quoting from archives/locked thread & copy-pasted the text + put in [quote=whatever themselves

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I took that as 'they copied and pasted that quote (into a separate document) before links were a thing and then pulled it from that.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The latest developments in the Game Stop stock market saga:

madeintaipei posted:

Some guy from wallstreetbets just drank his own piss on camera. I don't know if that's related to Gamestop, but I thought y'all should know.

Heath posted:

It might affect the stock price

Anita Dickinme posted:

GameStop stock has gone up $15 since I checked four hours ago.