Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ringbrothers Built a Gorgeous, Coyote-Powered '68 Mercury Cougar

I dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
^^^^ Looks pretty good eh?

Has the trend of slamming it and tucking RIIIMMMZZZZ in to the fenders died off?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's actually subtle for a Ringbrothers build, I like it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
That color is really good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/q3d4lRe.mp4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dude had me fooled; thought he was gonna Clarkson a few times there, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

They also had some nerf bars on the front to keep him upright. Not that they needed them.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fornax Disaster posted:

I just mocked it up in Forza Horizon, maybe this needs to happen..

I've probably exaggerated the green a bit there, and made the stripe too wide. Paint ideas are probably a bit premature, the car is only just barely restorable.

That looks correct. The orange works with the green in the silver, since orange-green is complementary. I’d guess the only other stripe color available with that silver would be black.
I’m not sure on the ‘68, but on a ‘70, at least as a primary color, Olds didn’t call that orange, they called it “Rally Red”. I have a 1/18 scale 442 W-30 in that color, with black stripes. It’s more or less Chevy Engine Orange. :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

This guy rules. Love the exocage, just in case.

mrtrunks84
Oct 5, 2004

The train in my head just missed it's stop

I'm surprised Koenigsegg or Pagani haven't done something as cool as this. Some of the new EVs are getting pretty creative with the charge plug port.

https://gfycat.com/ifr/MixedUnfinishedAmericanquarterhorse

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Blog run by the guy that owns the only one of these ever built

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
25 miles away from me. That's where he bought that drat thing from. I didn't realize I lived so close to a unicorn. That thing is loving unreal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

So just how much blow got done in the backseat of this thing?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wow if you scroll down that blog it was a mess when he got hold of it. Dude is an absolute hero for restoring this bizarre dinosaur of a car.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So just how much blow got done in the backseat of this thing?

For a brief but significant period, all of it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Wow if you scroll down that blog it was a mess when he got hold of it. Dude is an absolute hero for restoring this bizarre dinosaur of a car.

I liked the HOA story.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Lots of things amaze me about that car, but the first thing was the fact that ridge in the roofline was there from the concept drawing stage.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

That entire extra roof bump must have been sound insulation to cut down the wind noise from that roof bump.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I was not aware Pontiac made a CRX

https://twitter.com/TamerlaneBlog/status/1367274262885638144?s=20

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Well I mean who doesn't love a Cavalier.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Well I mean who doesn't love a Cavalier.

I saw a late 90s/early 2000s Cav today and was impressed since I live in the Detroit area. Covered in rust but not something I've seen for a long, long time. Here it's mostly newer domestic stuff mixed in with rusty trucks.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I had new next door neighboors move in last years and one of their cars was a 3rd gen Cavalier with a set of new tires and a 'happy 16th birthday' message on the rear glass.

I couldn't help but think, "We're still doing this to kids?" I would have thought they'd all been teen-driven into the ground by now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That car has definitely seen some poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

monsterzero posted:

I had new next door neighboors move in last years and one of their cars was a 3rd gen Cavalier with a set of new tires and a 'happy 16th birthday' message on the rear glass.

I couldn't help but think, "We're still doing this to kids?" I would have thought they'd all been teen-driven into the ground by now.

That generation Cavalier/Sunfire, although completely unmitigated trash, is practically Soviet in its unkillability.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Aw, I had one of those. :3:

Still kinda miss it in the "I didn't give a poo poo about the car" kind of way. It was freeing just not giving a gently caress about it.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

I feel strongly that if you're a millennial that grew up in the midwest the first time you rode in a car without an "adult" the car in question was either a dark green J-body or a first/second gen Chrysler minivan with the red interior.

[raises hand]

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Finger Prince posted:

That generation Cavalier/Sunfire, although completely unmitigated trash, is practically Soviet in its unkillability.

Yeah, figure it's like my GMT800 where every time you slam the driver's door shut some stupid piece of plastic part will break but you'll still be able to drive to and from work while you wait for a $6 eBay part to arrive.

I believe that homegirl did not appreciate the Cav that grandpa gave her... it was shortly after replaced by a 4th gen Accord that is surprisingly clean and I have more than a little impulse to protect it from Teen Driving.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Huh, me neither. I had to look up what engine that would've had. Going by the "OHV/FI" badge on the front fender, it's the "LT2", 2.0 liter SOHC TBI GM Family II engine. I didn't even know that was a thing, I thought 80's GM 4's were all Iron Dukes and Quad4's.

96 horsepower!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_II_engine#LT2

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The last Pontiac J2000 I saw in the wild was a dark green wagon that had inexplicably survived in Anchorage until 2018. No idea how.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo, I actually love this.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

amenenema posted:

I feel strongly that if you're a millennial that grew up in the midwest the first time you rode in a car without an "adult" the car in question was either a dark green J-body or a first/second gen Chrysler minivan with the red interior.

[raises hand]

Yup

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

amenenema posted:

[raises hand]

I think it was a brown Chevette, but pretty close.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

amenenema posted:

[raises hand]

Totally true.

Though I feel like the Dodge Shadow deserves an honorable mention here.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Grey Olds Cutlass Supreme.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
White Ford Tempo and Green Mercury Villager

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Uthor posted:

White Ford Tempo and Green Mercury Villager

Well SOMEONE was in a Ford town.

The tempos were really aggressively bad cars.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, a lot of tempo and topaz's.

One kid had a 68 coronet. Good god that car stuck out like a supermodel at a Trek convention.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

1978 Fiat 128 Sedan.
No, really.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
The CRX is a perfect car in every sense and I still rue the day that I sold mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Puddin posted:

The CRX is a perfect car in every sense and I still rue the day that I sold mine.

Yeah until you get in an accident and it tears apart like a beer can

I loved my EF Civic but no way I'd drive one on public roads these days

Good track cars tho that's for sure